National Forum

Club finals thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Firstly this was a cracker of a game... i think Garrycastle have missed there chance though.

The headbutt was a red card i think he only got away with it only because it was at the start of the game.

Great club final a credit to both clubs.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1250 - 18/03/2012 22:01:10    1131988

Link

I can't believe your man only got a yellow for the headbutt right in front of the ref. probably the worst decision I've ever seen in my life.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 19/03/2012 11:19:54    1132062

Link

Where will the replay be? Breffni park would be a half way venue

marita (None) - Posts: 467 - 19/03/2012 11:23:34    1132067

Link

Yeah think Breffni would probably make most sense as its pretty much half way between the two.

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 19/03/2012 12:31:48    1132123

Link

Navan is closer and handier to get to, but it is a dump....
Will the CCC act on the Garycastle number 10 for his headbutt

cuchulainn35 (Armagh) - Posts: 1676 - 19/03/2012 12:46:57    1132144

Link

NO Ten clearly headbutted( it was directly in front of me) a crossmaglen player and its that sort of bad referring only giving a yellow that can lead to a match getting out of hand

redonion (Down) - Posts: 180 - 19/03/2012 13:49:29    1132198

Link

I didn't see the game but isn't it funny that the posters, mainly from outside Ulster, saying there was NO headbutt are the same ones who stuck the boot into Derrytresk and screamed for them to be hit hard? Even though what happened at the Derrytresk/Dromid game was handbags these elements demanded that the Ulster team be hung, drawn and slaughtered. Now almost to a man/woman they are saying there was NO headbutt on the Cross player who just happens to be also from Ulster and they say they have no agenda against the province. As for the Scottish League Cup moomoo I went just so as to annoy you personally and get you to post threads on it.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9706 - 19/03/2012 14:00:19    1132208

Link

Watched the game with an Inter County referee and he couldn't believe a lot of the decisions which were given or not given as the case was plenty of times. Some of the decisions didn't even get a comment from him but just the shake of the head. Both teams were on the receiving end of some debatable decisions though I think that the decisions that went against Cross had a bigger bearing on the game than those against Garrycastle. I take it the referee will be different for the replay?

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 4058 - 19/03/2012 14:02:36    1132211

Link

Cross could have had 2 penalties as well. Jamie Clarke was taken down in what I thought was inside the square. Also there was a pick off the ground in the square when Jamie Clarke hit the post. I thought the lad who used his head and and also the Cross player should have gone for pushing the lad over the hoarding. The 2 players who did get sent off were rather harsh in my opinion. It was a typical display from the Cross teams I've watched over the last few years. They start off very laidback and then suddenly after 10 minutes in the 2nd half spring to life and start the come back. I'm not sure who will win the replay but from watching Cross closely for a long time I surely wouldnt bet against Cross winning the replay. I seen some comments on the behaviour of the crowd. I have to say where I was in the Hogan both sets of fans were well behaved so I'm guessing its a minority who cause trouble.

Grey_Wolf (Leitrim) - Posts: 235 - 19/03/2012 14:33:00    1132243

Link

Crossmaglen played for about 15 minutes in total and still got a draw. I think they will win the replay by about 10 points. This is usually the case when the underdog misses the boat the first day !!

Cavan_Slasher (Cavan) - Posts: 10253 - 19/03/2012 15:14:00    1132287

Link

Conrats to Loughgiel!!

Fantastic display. I was at their semi-final win over Na Piarsaigh in Parnell and had great craic with their support so I was supporting them myself on Saturday. The overall scoreline was maybe a little harsh on Coolderry but in an All-Ireland final you gotta take your chances. Loughgiel took their goal chances and Coolderry didn't. Watson showed us what a great hurler he is again and I thought that Scullion (Martin?) was immense at centre-back too.

In the football how on earth did Crossmaglen not win that game? They comepletly dominated the second half and could've won the game by 5/6 points. Some very poor shot selections from the likes of Clarke and McConville I thought. I'd imagine that they won't make that mistake again. They'll win the replay handily I'd say.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13719 - 19/03/2012 15:26:07    1132306

Link

rossies for nestor ,turn it up for the western counties

RosForSam (Roscommon) - Posts: 7 - 19/03/2012 15:53:48    1132341

Link

Ulsterman
County: Antrim

I didn't see the game but isn't it funny that the posters, mainly from outside Ulster, saying there was NO headbutt are the same ones who stuck the boot into Derrytresk and screamed for them to be hit hard? Even though what happened at the Derrytresk/Dromid game was handbags these elements demanded that the Ulster team be hung, drawn and slaughtered. Now almost to a man/woman they are saying there was NO headbutt on the Cross player who just happens to be also from Ulster and they say they have no agenda against the province. As for the Scottish League Cup moomoo I went just so as to annoy you personally and get you to post threads on it.

Isn't it also funny how all the Ulster posters say it was a headbutt and over look the Cross player pushing the Garycastle player over the board but i suppose theres nothing wrong with that? Or the Cross No 20 drawing a kick at the Garrycastle keeper that was fine too i suppose was it?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 19/03/2012 19:58:19    1132576

Link

One really has to tip their hat to Garrycastle underdog in almost every game yet they have produced a result. It rare the underdog win a replay but would be foolish to right them off.

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 3358 - 19/03/2012 20:09:54    1132602

Link

What about the guy Cunningham who shoved Harte out over the hordings ? Disgraceful stuf. Fair enough if Dillon is found to be guilty of headbutt he should get a ban but the other buck from crossmaglen is completly diregarded in this thread. Also this martyr type attitude of some Ulster posters is pathetic, everyone dealt form the same rulebook

philbrown (Westmeath) - Posts: 228 - 19/03/2012 21:18:52    1132706

Link

Jimbodub,that type of feigning injury is now part and parcel of the Gaa.People keep slagging off soccer but our players are just as bad.The Cross player was wrong if he was faking it but the Garrycastle fella shouldnt have got involved as these days a Gaa player will almost always exaggerate the injury to try and get another player sent off.
theroad

Agreed, I was in Tuam on Sunday, and was disgusted to see Padraig Joyce (a player I have a lot of respect for)
feigning injury and getting a man sent off! Its disgraceful behaviour! Also, the standard of refereeing in the country
is going down hill and needs to be addressed quickly!

TheGateKeeper (Tyrone) - Posts: 2843 - 20/03/2012 15:48:11    1133234

Link

everyone dealt form the same rulebook

Well if it's the same rule book then picking the ball clean off the ground is a foul, therefore Crossmaglen should have been awarded a penalty. If this is not the case then please let me know were I can get a copy of your rule book.

Tom1916 (Armagh) - Posts: 2001 - 20/03/2012 16:09:27    1133256

Link

For all those that are saying that Brendan McKeown was faking it, he was replaced as a sub with a head injury and has a bruise across his nose where he got hit. It may not have been a full blown head butt but he did enough damage to leave him injured. Replay in Cavan on 31st March at 5pm.

RangerDanger (Armagh) - Posts: 101 - 20/03/2012 16:39:35    1133288

Link

Paddy Heaney and Kenny Archer absolutely tore Rory Hickey's refereeing performance apart in today's Irish News and stated that he didn't even get the basics correct. Heaney listed at least half a dozen decision that the referee missed and all went against Crossmaglen. Archer called it 'awful officiating' for a game at this level and both expressed great respect for Cross's patience and behaviour in the face of such bad refereeing. The Armagh camp are also scathing about Martin Duffy's refereeing especially the sending off of Kieran McKeever and what's the general response on HS? It's called Nordie whingeing; these elements hide behind this term to dismiss EVERY bad decision and call that goes against an Ulster side when most sensible people can see that Northern teams are usually the worst victims of these dreadful refereeing calls. It's obvious there are different standards and rules in play here, one for Ulster and one for the rest of the island.

Ulsterman (Antrim) - Posts: 9706 - 20/03/2012 20:22:57    1133497

Link

Any mention Ulsterman of any of the decisions that went against Garycastle?

Hammerman (None) - Posts: 33 - 20/03/2012 20:51:24    1133539

Link