Seanie Johnston sitting on the Kildare bench

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Seanie is past it wouldn't get on the Dublin bench

tomaoo7 (Dublin) - Posts: 5896 - 29/05/2012 21:55:10    1183321

Link

29/05/2012 21:46:41
smallballs
County: Monaghan

Now before everyone gets carried away and starts saying it's a disgrace and similar musings just think about it for more than 30 seconds.
Cavan as we're all aware got rid of Seanie and the player was left in no doubt that he was no longer needed by his county despite him being one of the most outstanding forwards in the country on his day,i remember watching a game on tv where he made graham canty look like a junior b footballer and i also heard he beat Wicklow by himself in a game a few years back when he came on as a sub!?

So this young man who has trained long and hard with his county for years perhaps even over a decade as i presume a player of his class was involved underage was cast aside and left on the scrapheap deprived of intercounty football.

Mc Geeney sees what's going on and is rightly horrified that such a dedicated and skilful player has been castaside and then realises Seanie now resides in Kildare so decides it would be in both Kildare and Seans best interests to offer him the lifeline of football with Kildare.

What this move from Mc Geeney and Kildare does is going to improve their squad and at the same time give a young man the chance to play the sport he loves at the level he deserves, much Respect to Mister Mc geeney and i for 1 shall be cheering the lilywhites on this Summer due to this!

Is that you Kieran? lol.

bluedubstar (Dublin) - Posts: 835 - 30/05/2012 08:46:08    1183348

Link

29/05/2012 21:45:55
lilypad
County: Kildare

Starting to sound a bit like Man U/Liverpool in here, pointless bickering! I said in previous posts that Kildare will win Leinster, and I stick by it, but I expect to see the Dubs again in August, the 2nd meeting could turn out to be different, should be fun though!

Hmmm, I don't know about that my lily friend, us Dubs have grown quite attached to that Delaney cup, we be gotten the hunger back now. ;)

bluedubstar (Dublin) - Posts: 835 - 30/05/2012 08:48:23    1183350

Link

No dubs view is worth listening to considering their hurlers and the state of club football in the county. ALL those transfers are the same if not worse than the Johnston one. Parnells transfers are influenced by money whereas Johnston wants to play football at a highest level possible. Johnstons biggest mistake was let this go public. The results are there to be seen.

derfil1 (Kildare) - Posts: 1612 - 30/05/2012 09:43:06    1183390

Link

royaldunne
County: Meath

1183091 If this is accurate I'd just like to say well done to the cccc. Standing up for the gaa whilst others try and erode it with semi professionalism. Again well done cccc.

I agree 100% with that.

Culann (Dublin) - Posts: 2306 - 30/05/2012 09:47:25    1183395

Link

The dubs whinging is getting louder and louder. It's like a school yard with nothing but high pitched whining. Only dogs will be able to hear them soon. It makes my mornings great to see them so upset. Dry your eyes lads.

fixxer (Kildare) - Posts: 202 - 30/05/2012 11:19:51    1183483

Link

derfil1

No dubs view is worth listening to considering their hurlers and the state of club football in the county. ALL those transfers are the same if not worse than the Johnston one. Parnells transfers are influenced by money whereas Johnston wants to play football at a highest level possible. Johnstons biggest mistake was let this go public. The results are there to be seen.

So the Parnells ones are wrong but Seánie's is alright?!! Hypocrisy man.

The Parnells ones are wrong but at least those fellas actually live in Dublin. The Dubs hurlers all live and work in Dublin. You can't say the same about Seánie unfortunately.

People's problem with Seánie's is that football is the only reason that he's "living/putting his name on a lease" in Kildare. As well as that Seánie was not the only inter-county player approached by Kildare this year. That's always going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths in GAA terms.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 30/05/2012 11:55:53    1183530

Link

MesAmis
County: Dublin

People's problem with Seánie's is that football is the only reason that he's "living/putting his name on a lease" in Kildare. As well as that Seánie was not the only inter-county player approached by Kildare this year. That's always going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths in GAA terms.

Oh?

Considering both the Brendan Murphy and Niall McNamee stories had no truth behind them, who else was approached this year by Kildare?

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 30/05/2012 13:12:53    1183624

Link

MesAmis

derfil1

So the Parnells ones are wrong but Seánie's is alright?!! Hypocrisy man.

The Parnells ones are wrong but at least those fellas actually live in Dublin. The Dubs hurlers all live and work in Dublin. You can't say the same about Seánie unfortunately.

People's problem with Seánie's is that football is the only reason that he's "living/putting his name on a lease" in Kildare
. As well as that Seánie was not the only inter-county player approached by Kildare this year. That's always going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths in GAA terms.

"People's problem with Seánie's is that football is the only reason that he's "living/putting his name on a lease" in Kildare"

Heard it all now with that comment. We all know thats why he sought the transfer which is a genuine reason. Your also implying that the Parnells transfers are financial related as opposed to football related. Couldn't agree more with you. Amazing the amount of transfer went through after Parnells made 20 million on the sale of their pitch. Far more damaging than a guy looking to transfer to play football.

derfil1 (Kildare) - Posts: 1612 - 30/05/2012 13:28:11    1183637

Link

if_in_doubt

MesAmis

Oh?

Considering both the Brendan Murphy and Niall McNamee stories had no truth behind them, who else was approached this year by Kildare?

Shane Supple

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 30/05/2012 13:31:50    1183639

Link

MesAmis

Shane Supple

That was over a year.

He just waited until earlier this year to make it public

If true of course.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 30/05/2012 13:35:50    1183641

Link

derfil1

Heard it all now with that comment. We all know thats why he sought the transfer which is a genuine reason. Your also implying that the Parnells transfers are financial related as opposed to football related. Couldn't agree more with you. Amazing the amount of transfer went through after Parnells made 20 million on the sale of their pitch. Far more damaging than a guy looking to transfer to play football.

Of course Parnells transfers are wrong, but at least those players actually live in Dublin.

Seánie's transfer means that any inter-county football can just choose what county they play for. All you have to do now is sign a lease in that county and you're in!

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 30/05/2012 13:36:52    1183643

Link

if_in_doubt

That was over a year.

He just waited until earlier this year to make it public

If true of course.

Oh so they've been tapping up players for longer then I thought so.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 30/05/2012 13:41:53    1183654

Link

MesAmis

Well obviously.

I mean sure if everyone believes Shane Supple when he says he was approached by Kildare, then how come nobody believes Seanie Jonhston when he comes out in his only interview so far and says he approached Kildare and that he wasn't tapped up.

Sure it couldn't be double standards or anything.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 30/05/2012 14:01:24    1183673

Link

if_in_doubt

MesAmis

Well obviously.

I mean sure if everyone believes Shane Supple when he says he was approached by Kildare, then how come nobody believes Seanie Jonhston when he comes out in his only interview so far and says he approached Kildare and that he wasn't tapped up.

Sure it couldn't be double standards or anything.

People believe Shane Supple because there's no reason why he'd make it up.

In Seánie's case though I can see why people don't believe him.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13705 - 30/05/2012 14:14:22    1183682

Link

MesAmis

True enough but sure people are always gonna believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts in front of them and the full story behind them.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3685 - 30/05/2012 14:33:35    1183708

Link

if_in_doubt

MesAmis

True enough but sure people are always gonna believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts in front of them and the full story behind them.

Do you believe him?

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 30/05/2012 15:00:45    1183743

Link

How can any half decent GAA supporter defend these sorts of actions? Now I've seen a few Kildare fans on here face up to the reality of the situation and fair play to them.

I understand about passion and love of ones county but sometimes regardless of loyalty… you have to throw up your hands and say... no excuses, we're in the wrong.

I'm not trying to score points... but seriously, talk about defending a turd sandwich.

The rules have been completely exploited and this could open the door to other situations like this.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 30/05/2012 15:01:52    1183744

Link

Man I think we should close this thread and let the football do the talking.

bluedubstar (Dublin) - Posts: 835 - 30/05/2012 15:12:50    1183753

Link

I've been accused of embarrassing Kildare fans on here by some of my own county men, though I'm not sure why, maybe they should be looking at "fixxer" if hes a Kildare man at all! Please stop your anti-Dubs BS, if you're trying to out do clondalkin you've a long way to go.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 30/05/2012 15:17:46    1183756

Link