National Forum

Sam is between Dublin, Cork and Kerry..

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I'd go Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Mayo, Kildare, Donegal, Down, Galway right now. Top 3 are proven teams in terms of winning an All Ireland recently and the others have potential to win the All Ireland. Taking out the top 3 Kildare have been the most consistent over the last three years and in my opinion will improve again this year and will beat one of the top three teams this year.

derfil1 (Kildare) - Posts: 1612 - 02/04/2012 18:03:33    1142185

Link

derfil1,what makes you think galway have the potential to win the all ireland?I cant think of anything that would indicate that this year will be any different frm the last ten years.

TheRoad (Galway) - Posts: 1339 - 02/04/2012 18:09:08    1142190

Link

Found on kildare forum

18/09/2011 17:39:07

KingOfJacks
County: Kildare

Well the season is over now with Dublin winning a meaningless All-Ireland title. The reason I say that is because the best team in the country (Kildare) were robbed this year and last year with terrible referee calls. Obviously the Gaa are under pressure financially and they needed Dublin to win this year and they didn't want Dublin to face Kildare again because they knew Kildare would beat them if they played again. Kildare have been the most consistent team in the last 4 years and the best team of the last 2 years. Kildare are the linear All-Ireland champions and I'm looking forward to seeing Kildare defend their All-Ireland title next year.

Lmao.
What a bunch of sad sad people yous are in kildare.

So I am wrong folks let's all hail the REAL all ireland champions of 2011 and 2010. Best of luck this year with the 3 in a row lads. Yous deserve it.
Who needs to win a all ireland when you can do a kildare and say you won it anyway. Lol.

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 02/04/2012 18:16:40    1142202

Link

KingofJacks,Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your post was a joke.

TheRoad (Galway) - Posts: 1339 - 02/04/2012 18:29:29    1142214

Link

joeblogs10
County: Dublin

Found on kildare forum

18/09/2011 17:39:07

KingOfJacks
County: Kildare

Well the season is over now with Dublin winning a meaningless All-Ireland title. The reason I say that is because the best team in the country (Kildare) were robbed this year and last year with terrible referee calls. Obviously the Gaa are under pressure financially and they needed Dublin to win this year and they didn't want Dublin to face Kildare again because they knew Kildare would beat them if they played again. Kildare have been the most consistent team in the last 4 years and the best team of the last 2 years. Kildare are the linear All-Ireland champions and I'm looking forward to seeing Kildare defend their All-Ireland title next year.

Lmao.
What a bunch of sad sad people yous are in kildare.

So I am wrong folks let's all hail the REAL all ireland champions of 2011 and 2010. Best of luck this year with the 3 in a row lads. Yous deserve it.
Who needs to win a all ireland when you can do a kildare and say you won it anyway. Lol.

lol.. One of the wildest statements in a long time. Hardly the statement of all in Kildare though. Any normal poster would realise that.

derfil1 (Kildare) - Posts: 1612 - 02/04/2012 18:35:15    1142222

Link

royaldunne I refer you to a previous post of mine in this thread where I addressed your post specifically re the hype surrounding Kildare. Please go back and read it before making accusations of no one from Kildare answering your questions.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2990 - 02/04/2012 18:37:09    1142228

Link

TheRoad
County: Galway

derfil1,what makes you think galway have the potential to win the all ireland?I cant think of anything that would indicate that this year will be any different frm the last ten years.

They've had a steady enough league and although it might be a stretch to say they'll win it this year they seem to be improving and have quality footballers. We'll have a better idea next Sunday. Looking forward to seeing them live.

derfil1 (Kildare) - Posts: 1612 - 02/04/2012 18:38:20    1142230

Link

Mayo for Sam haha

Peace_On (Kerry) - Posts: 53 - 05/04/2012 16:56:39    1144493

Link

And what about kildare going for 3 in a row?

joeblogs10 (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 05/04/2012 17:16:20    1144505

Link

Most in Kildare have a realistic view of where we stand. We have come from nowhere in 2008 to being one of the top 5 or 6 in the country based on championship performances over 4 years. At the same time we have not shown the necessary class and winning mentality to beat one of the big teams in a big game. Not only have we fluffed our lines against the likes of Cork, Tyrone, Dublin, Donegal and Down but even in big league games such as last year and this year against Tyrone we have failed to get over the line. So we have a lot to prove and I think most of us know it. If we can beat Galway (a bogey team - think 98 and 00 - who we have not beaten since the '80s) on Sunday away from home in a winner takes all promotion decider, then it will give the team huge confidence, but only I suspect if it is followed up with a league final win against Tyrone. A fourth loss to Tyrone in 4 years and we may be back at square one. All in all, lots done, much more to do. But I would finish by saying this squad of players is the most committed bunch I have ever seen in Kildare jerseys, and I have been watching since '78. They have the full support of the county and please god they'll get some tangible reward soon. One way or the other these are exciting days to be a Lilly and we're going to make sure we enjoy the good days along the way, as we certainly haven't had too many in my years of watching !

Cill Dara Abu.. roll on Salthill !!

Crofter (Kildare) - Posts: 46 - 05/04/2012 20:14:22    1144639

Link

kerry, cork , tyrone and kildare, dublin at best will reach semi final

kerryluck (Kerry) - Posts: 2517 - 08/04/2012 20:57:52    1146613

Link

Dublin, Donegal, Cork, Tyrone and Kerry are the 5 teams capable of winning Sam this year. Dublin and Donegal have similar fitness structures and are pacing themselves, using the league to try things. both will be very dangerous come the summer months, and their league runs should be ignored. I cant see Kerry winning it, as i think the current team peaked last season. However they will be in the final or semi final if the draw goes their way. Tyrone are an unknown quantity, but are on a winning streak and are brimming with confidence. I dont think Tyrone will win it, but they will be tough opposition in the later stages. Cork are looking good, will be in with a shout if they can avoid Kerry at Croke park.

GaryMc82 (Derry) - Posts: 3017 - 09/04/2012 09:11:57    1146734

Link

I'm not sure about Cork and I think Kerry will come out on top with them when it matters. Dublin may find Kildare too strong in Leinster. Tyrone may suffer later in the season from not playing in Division 1. Mayo, Donegal and Down could cause opponents problems without winning the All-Ireland. At this stage I think Kerry will be champions.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1780 - 10/04/2012 11:15:44    1147620

Link

Yes, it will be the usual suspects, unfortunately for some, Kerry and Cork, seem to be a bit stronger at the moment than Dublin but that could well change come later on.

Galway might surprise a few of us, seem to be gathering a bit of momentum lately. Donegal could still prove vry difficult to beat but a bit shy of actually winning it.

51longago (Mayo) - Posts: 2981 - 10/04/2012 18:30:27    1148285

Link

Love the championship - one of kerry, cork, dublin WILL be knocked out before or at the quarter final stage by a surprise package - always happens - thats we we all love the championship

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 11231 - 10/04/2012 18:36:54    1148293

Link

Donegal are worth a bet i think. They came from behind to beat Armagh last week, without Michael Murphy. Also worth noting that Armagh had the Crossmaglen contigent back from the Club championship heroics. This should should be a warning shot to Tyrone and company in Ulster, that they wont just fold if they drift behind. They have fight in them, and dont collapse like .

GaryMc82 (Derry) - Posts: 3017 - 15/04/2012 10:01:31    1152097

Link

Donegal could still prove vry difficult to beat but a bit shy of actually winning it.

I disagree, I watch kerry play Denegal and they knocked in about 2-18, Jack and co figured out a way to break down this mass defense they made Donegal look very very ordinary and very very beatable

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5491 - 15/04/2012 11:34:01    1152146

Link

Horsebox77
County: Kerry

1152146 Donegal could still prove vry difficult to beat but a bit shy of actually winning it.

I disagree, I watch kerry play Denegal and they knocked in about 2-18, Jack and co figured out a way to break down this mass defense they made Donegal look very very ordinary and very very beatable

I think that game meant more to Kerry than Donegal. Like don't get me wrong, Donegal wanted to win the Div 1 game. But i think Kerry were on a mission to dispel this evil blanket defense system, which could lead to the demise of more attractive pure open football.
Ironically Donegal haven't played the full blanket/Mass defence this season at all, so suprised to see Kerry broke it down.

McGuinness & co needed to look at improving their scoring, open play and add some new faces to their young squad.
I think Jim McGuinness will take the learnings from that game, and work on them for the championship. However I don't think he is losing sleep over a league defeat to Kerry. I'd say having replacements on the bench to cover Murphy and Lacey were of more concern to him.
He has a very very young team up in Donegal, and they will keep getting better.

GaryMc82 (Derry) - Posts: 3017 - 17/04/2012 21:00:40    1154716

Link

Yewtree, indeed, there is always some surprises.......Cork out in 2011, Kerry in 2010, maybe Dublin this year which follows the trend of the previous AI champions going out at the quarter final....lol

GaryMc82, I am with you on that point that Kerry were not challenged by Donegals blanket defence in their league match-Donegal was not using that tactic too much in the league and it looked like Jim McGuiness was using the league to try out a few different approaches etc. It will be interesting to see how they operate this year....tis a shame though that Cassidy is gone.

kerrykerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1779 - 17/04/2012 21:56:05    1154783

Link

I think 5 of the q.f. will be Dublin, Kerry Mayo, Tyrone & Cork and the other 3 will could be any of another 10 counties which are level below these five. Mayo is the dark horse among the 5, they have been such a disappointment in the past when expectations were high but I think they have a great man leading them now and look like the real article. As a Meath man I wouldn't begrudge them after all we put them through.

meath.mad (Meath) - Posts: 6 - 18/04/2012 17:23:09    1155249

Link