National Forum

Very Strong NFL Division Two Group

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Doublehop, my comment was aimed at kildare fans in general

CastleBravo (Meath) - Posts: 1644 - 06/02/2012 16:09:27    1106678

Link

On the question. I think tyrone top easily and massive battle for second spot between galway meath and derry maybe kildare. I can see meath just sneaking it as there fixtures are kinder. Westmeath away tyrone and galway same all others home. Should win against wmeath loose to tyrone still not sure about galway but I think wins against louth and and derry and kildare at home will set us up well for a push for promotion.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 08/02/2012 11:47:14    1107753

Link

Westmeath v Meath, Cusack Park, 2.30pm
Monaghan v Kildare, Clones, 2.30pm
Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, 2.30pm
Galway v Louth, Pearse Stadium, 2.30pm

Well what do yous think?

Goals_Will_Come (UK) - Posts: 375 - 08/02/2012 11:54:00    1107760

Link

Meath
Monaghan
Tyrone
Galway

And didn't finish last post. Imo westmeath and louth to be relegated

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 08/02/2012 12:05:13    1107768

Link

cacsmckilly
County: Tyrone

1104604 Tyrone to go unbeaten in the league - why? have seen every match this year and we're lookin good.

Just like to come back to an old post of mine above, still holding true! Just back from Omagh and the Tyrone/Derry game. Derry were awful it must be said. They gave up after a half hour, heads down and no fight in them. It was less of a Tyrone Masterclass and more of a Derry Surrender. Derry would need to seriously crank it up to avoid relegation this year as i can't see them beating anyone with their present form. Stephen O'Neill limped off after half time, here's hoping he isnt too bad as it would be a great shame to loose such a talent (again)

cacsmckilly (Tyrone) - Posts: 1294 - 12/02/2012 18:21:54    1110091

Link

As regards Tyrone,well they have a very good manager,Mulligan and O'Neill are still class,it seems the hunger is back?? That can be helped if there are good youngsters coming through and,this seems to be the case in Tyrone.Can't see anyone beating Tyrone,they have already beaten Kildare and Derry,can't see Meath beating them in Omagh,do they play Galway home or away??

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 12/02/2012 19:33:48    1110201

Link

Royaldunne

Kildare are still very much in the mix,the match against Meath is a huge one,anything but a win for Kildare and their chances are gone,is their need for a win stronger than Meaths?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 12/02/2012 19:36:50    1110204

Link

Tyrone were good today, Derry never turned up, a depleted squad didn't help matters for them.
Things are looking good for Tyrone again, I believe they can win division 2 and go on to re-claim
ulster this year. With the stream of new lads coming through an all-ireland is on the cards within
a couple of years.

TheGateKeeper (Tyrone) - Posts: 2843 - 12/02/2012 21:32:50    1110384

Link

TheGateKeeper
County: Tyrone

1110384 Tyrone were good today, Derry never turned up, a depleted squad didn't help matters for them.
Things are looking good for Tyrone again, I believe they can win division 2 and go on to re-claim
ulster this year. With the stream of new lads coming through an all-ireland is on the cards within
a couple of years.

GateKeeper stop with the future forecasts already. How do you know that we will win anything for the next ten years? Give it a break, im sure posters from other counties are getting tired of it

cacsmckilly (Tyrone) - Posts: 1294 - 13/02/2012 08:28:10    1110446

Link

Meath dismissed a very depleted westmeath team in mullingar. One thing that stood out for me was they had hunger and desire long after the result was a forgone conclusion. But still very hard to judge and I'm sure flanagan can't wait for garrycastle lads to be back. Meath did score 17 mostly from play proving once again that we have some of the best forwards in country when they click. Bray and g reily were brilliant in particular bray who seems to be back to the form that secured him a all star a few years back. Do have to say its nice looking at the table and seen meath top and while I'm sure that will not remain at least we are getting somewhere back to where we should be

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 13/02/2012 09:27:35    1110474

Link

Bad result for Kildare yesterday - never really seemed at the races. Afraid there is no room for errors now and we need to win the remainder of of matches.

Are there semis this year between the top four or is it just the top two in the final again?

roast (Kildare) - Posts: 143 - 13/02/2012 09:42:57    1110484

Link

roast
County: Kildare

1110484 Bad result for Kildare yesterday - never really seemed at the races. Afraid there is no room for errors now and we need to win the remainder of of matches.

Are there semis this year between the top four or is it just the top two in the final again?

As far as I know its just the top 2 into the final.
Semi finals are just for Div 1. And even at that, it could be 2013 before that comes in.

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 13/02/2012 09:54:57    1110492

Link

Got to be pleased with 2 wins out of 2, sets us up for a real chance of promotion to div 1 which was an important step on the road to recovery. Still some tough games to come, especially a rejuvenated Meath, a team we have traditionally struggled to beat, and a tough Monaghan outfit. Nice to see us getting some big scores on the board in the process, kind of bucks the trend at a time when low scoring games are the norm.

brendtheredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 10897 - 13/02/2012 10:13:58    1110498

Link

Meath appear to be rejuvenated but next couple of matches will tell if they are back or not. One thing I di have to say is on a player matter. Graham geraghty is superbly fit and I think his hunger when he came on was amazing for a man that has won everyting the game has to offer. And although he would not be upto a full match, what a sub to bring on with 20 minutes to go his deft kick at chipping the keeper nearly worked but his pace to beat a guy nearly half is age. Superb

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 13/02/2012 11:58:05    1110579

Link

If that attempted chip of the keeper wasn't superbly saved by Gary Connaughton then it may well have been goal of the year. Magical effort from Geraghty and an equally magical save.

As for Meath the next game v Kildare is huge for both counties and it's being shown live on setanta. Meath win they are 6 clear of Kildare effectively eliminating Kildare from the promotion battle and putting Meath in pole position. Meath also need a win over Kildare to stop the losing streak they now have against Kildare.

BettystownRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 3353 - 13/02/2012 12:37:18    1110612

Link

Yeah bettystown the save was something special too as well as the shot. Connaughton has been in top 3 keepers in country in my view and has seldom got the recognition he deserves.
Yes a win next match would set us up perfectly for a chance of promotion.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 13/02/2012 13:37:47    1110686

Link

Tyrone have always struggled against Meath and it's been a while since we got a result away to Galway. Louth obviously won't be easy after that result in Galway. Add in Monaghan's performance against Kildare and it would appear Tyrone's promotion is very far from certain. If O'Neill is injured long term then we will struggle as he gives the forward line shape and a cutting edge. The league has been very positive for us so far and it is obvious that fitness levels have been improved greatly from this time last year. Work still be done and talk of winning all-Irelands in this next couple of years is all very premature after a couple of decent performances.

MB1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 360 - 13/02/2012 21:09:31    1111197

Link

I understand where your coming from way too early to start discussing all ire. But to be fair on what's been seen so far tyrone are the class act of this division.
And to be honest I think have top spot sown up. Now the runner up spot is in my view a hell of a lot less certain. Meath in poll position at minute but have kildare, derry and louth at home. And tyrone and galway away. Not one easy game in them. On balance I think we will 2 of the home games and maybe push galway in salthill. Tyrone in omagh is a goner I'm afraid even though it maybe close. I still feel monaghan may have a say and galway will certainly be hoping for promotion too. And by no means write kildare off yet although if they loose to meath that's them out of promotion. Have to say the standard of football in this league has been top quality so far. Let's hope it stays that way

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 13/02/2012 21:52:00    1111232

Link

Connaughton's save from Geraghty really was top class. It would have been a typical Geraghty goal had it gone in and Geraghty even acknowledged the quality of the save afterwards.
If Kildare lose the game in Navan, they could very easily get into a relegation battle.

Ratoath Royal (Meath) - Posts: 1362 - 13/02/2012 22:01:34    1111243

Link

A bit early to be counting any chickens with only two games gone.

How good are Tyrone if you look closely at the form of Kildare and Derry ?.

How good are Meath if you consider they beat Monaghan (luckily some will say)and Westmeath ?.

How bad have Kildare been to date ? and what about Galway, are they really as good as some people thought after their win up in Derry ?.

Are Monaghan overall a better team than Kildare ?.

What about Louth (everyone favourite along with Westmeath to get relegated) who are currently sitting pretty (quietly I may add) in mid table having beaten Westmeath and drawn away with Galway ?.

That leaves Westmeath who have no points yet but have been playing without many first team players to date.

There's a lot of football yet to be played and any two of the eight counties could yet win promotion imo.

squidword (Louth) - Posts: 2897 - 14/02/2012 16:36:41    1111581

Link