National Forum

Price of GAA jerseys

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Well for the joy and pride the GAA brings to me I'd pay anything for a club or county jersey. I cant say the same for any soccer teams, I'm not degrading soccer but in my very own humble opinion it is impossible to compare the 2 sports, I know you'll get the odd soccer fan who has countless jerseys and wont pay the 60 or something euro for their own county top. But for me the reason why I've so much time for the GAA is because its our own, It was 'born and bred' in this island, its like an identity, Also my respect for the players who go out each week and give their all for their county or parish, the pride is there in the jersey like, the commitment that each player gives, be it club level or even intercounty level is fantastic compared to those who found a career in soccer, You get the intercounty players coaching the kids on a Saturday morning or during the week, The kids look up to them and one day they hope to be just like their coach some day, In soccer that is basically unheard of, How many people here has had their kids coached by Rooney or David Beckham? Also another thing about the GAA that hits me is the craic that can be had during the game and the no need for a police presence or segregation of fans. So that is why I'd rather purchase a GAA jersey in comparison to soccer. Iam in no way slating soccer :)

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 25/04/2011 19:55:59    918225

Link