Wicklow Forum

SFC

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Pat Mustard:  "Blesso are gone for a generation after that defeat to Arklow. Wont be contenders at all next few years . Serious damage done."
I too would not necessarily agree with that post re the quality of the senior championship. The Intermediate match was no earthmover either. Congrats to Dunlavin but to say they will make an impression in senior next year. I think it's more of a case that standards have levelled down rather than up. Ashford Saturday was no exception and while on that, best wishes to all involved in that near tragedy in Enniskerry. And by the way, if this sounds like doom and gloom, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just calling it as I and most people I know see it. With the exception of glimmers from minor down all our inter county experiences have been slipping for years. Just because we wish it was different won't make it so.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 155 - 14/10/2019 15:22:02    2243436

Link

Replying To Pat Mustard:  "Square ball stop will you everyone knows you are and wick low support and your new name free thinker are all the same person.

I toild you before this is a sign of madness.

The games you wereat recently were In Kildate we know that thanks to freethinker !!"
Pat you really need to stop smoking whatever you do before you come on here to post your thoughts. I have only ever posted on here under the one name, namely wicklowsupport and my only reason for posting, is to express what I think should be done to move wicklow football forward. I am open to hearing what other people have to say as long as it is based on some form of logic and rational. I even listen to what you have to say but I find it hard to understand what you think is the best way forward for the county.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1043 - 14/10/2019 20:57:08    2243543

Link

Aside from the question marks over the quality of the football, one positive from yesterday was the big crowd. Two big towns in the final and just underlines the fact that, if things could be done properly on a consistent basis, there is a product that people would buy into in Wicklow GAA It's no surprise that those who are doing the most to positively promote Wicklow GAA, like the Garden County Sport crew, are knowledgeable , enthusiastic gaels who sit outside the officialdom tent, while those inside the tent continue to bring nothing but embarrassment & incompetence as the recent minor football and senior hurling draw debacles showed.

Also fair play to Ashford GAA on their handling of the two county finals on Sat. Excellently turned out facilities including pipe band for the day , proper plan in place with regards to parking etc and communicated in advance.

Hawkeye2 (Wicklow) - Posts: 63 - 14/10/2019 21:54:31    2243564

Link

Replying To Hawkeye2:  "Aside from the question marks over the quality of the football, one positive from yesterday was the big crowd. Two big towns in the final and just underlines the fact that, if things could be done properly on a consistent basis, there is a product that people would buy into in Wicklow GAA It's no surprise that those who are doing the most to positively promote Wicklow GAA, like the Garden County Sport crew, are knowledgeable , enthusiastic gaels who sit outside the officialdom tent, while those inside the tent continue to bring nothing but embarrassment & incompetence as the recent minor football and senior hurling draw debacles showed.

Also fair play to Ashford GAA on their handling of the two county finals on Sat. Excellently turned out facilities including pipe band for the day , proper plan in place with regards to parking etc and communicated in advance."
Have to agree about the crowds on Sunday - and Saturday. We are all agreed that we have a sleeping giant in Wicklow that just needs something to get it excited. Like we said before, Micko proved that, if nothing else. People who have the best interests of our association in the county will buy into anything that makes sense but what we have saddled ourselves with makes no sense to anyone yet we keep voting them in. Some even have honorary positions. Only the Good Lord will retire them, not that I would wish them anything other good health. Others will hang in until honours are bestowed on them too and so it goes on. Very few things that are broken fix themselves in my experience. But not enough people are interested in fixing anything it seems to me. Despite what the super optimists say and think, things just won't improve and it won't all come good without major surgery. Remember, we all were those optimists back in the day. Hoping and believing that next year it will be better. A new manager will sort it. It didn't get better and it won't ..... unless ........

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 155 - 14/10/2019 22:54:27    2243578

Link