Westmeath Forum

Junior Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Was in Castlepollard for the Leinster quarter final,Finea went in at half time 5 points up but came out in the second half and blew the Wexford champions away!! Look to be a very well drilled side with huge fight and hunger within the team!! Some difference from this time last year so all credit to them!!

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 30 - 24/10/2016 00:08:48    1928536

Link

Replying To Westmeathking:  "Was in Castlepollard for the Leinster quarter final,Finea went in at half time 5 points up but came out in the second half and blew the Wexford champions away!! Look to be a very well drilled side with huge fight and hunger within the team!! Some difference from this time last year so all credit to them!!"
In Fairness any team that drops from senior to Junior in 2 years is obviously far superior to anyone at Junior level. Winning the county championship was a given winning Leinster will be easy but winning all Ireland well that would be a good achievement.

Paulknows (Westmeath) - Posts: 114 - 24/10/2016 22:14:05    1928754

Link

The other semi final is being contested by Bracknagh(intermediate champions from Offaly) and Kilcullen(Were a senior team two years ago in Kildare) so it's abit harsh to say winning a Leinster title is a 'given'.. After having lost the majority of their team to emigration I think the CFCW deserve serious credit for getting themselves back on track and I know I'll be rooting for them in two weeks being from a rival neighbouring club!!

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 30 - 24/10/2016 23:18:21    1928771

Link

Finea playing at 2 o Clock Saturday in Castlepollard against a team from Laois. Will be a tough game. Everyone should come out and support them now as they're representing Westmeath now. How will the other winning teams fair in the coming weeks? (Lomans, Raharney, Plunketts, Rosemount)

Gaawestmeath (Westmeath) - Posts: 34 - 03/11/2016 18:09:06    1931295

Link

Replying To Gaawestmeath:  "Finea playing at 2 o Clock Saturday in Castlepollard against a team from Laois. Will be a tough game. Everyone should come out and support them now as they're representing Westmeath now. How will the other winning teams fair in the coming weeks? (Lomans, Raharney, Plunketts, Rosemount)"
I think Raharney, Lomans and Rosemount should win their opening games. Will be tough for any of them to go much further as all 3 look to be playing Dublin opposition in the next round

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 241 - 04/11/2016 10:31:03    1931437

Link

Plunketts should be good enough to win the Leinster junior championship

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1648 - 04/11/2016 13:37:04    1931510

Link

Kilkenny sides invariably win both the Leinster junior and intermediate hurling titles and then go on to win the All Irelands after that. Think their record at All Ireland Junior level is 12 out of the 15 All Irelands contested, hardly surprising, last year their Junior representatives easily beat Lusmagh in Leinster final and Lusmagh were senior in Offaly this year!!

kawaifive0 (Westmeath) - Posts: 112 - 04/11/2016 21:21:32    1931687

Link