UK Forum

London Intermediate Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hawkeye would have been interesting

The winning point didn't seem to go over the bar, saying this the Cu's had more than enough chances to win\level the game.

Fair play to Heston and good luck in the all Britain.

Clarebearstare (Clare) - Posts: 192 - 02/10/2013 10:25:09    1493306

Link

CBT the ball did go through the posts, the wind held it up, I was umpire underneath it and followed the line of the ball all the way through, my fellow umpire and referee also agreed point, it was one of 2 tight calls in the second half the same player hit a free from 20m that was sliced and part went over the left hand upright as the ball was kicked, as the full ball hadnt discected the posts I signalled wide. Both tight calls, as a neutral it didnt matter to me who won, I believe both calls were correct. In saying Cu's had chances they did, Heston also squandered about 2-6 in the second half, one a great save by the keeper from hayden, the other kelly blasted wide with only the keeper to beat, I expected a higher scoring affair, but a good intense game

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 02/10/2013 11:13:37    1493359

Link

UniGaa I was closer to that wide\Score than you think but at the end of the day I dont think the Cu;s ever got going.

Heston had done their homework and closed of vital areas of the pitch.

I hope they go on to give St Peters a run for their money.

Clarebearstare (Clare) - Posts: 192 - 02/10/2013 11:34:53    1493379

Link

Anybody know when the All-Britain Playoff is likely to be ? Interesting game.

WideBall1 (UK) - Posts: 95 - 02/10/2013 11:49:09    1493397

Link

it wont be st peters coming out of lancashire, i would expect mitchells to just have enough on sunday although as an ex peters man i might get hung for saying that

scotland v yorkshire could be a very interesting tie, as will JM warwicks v London

one of the best games in london this year was heston v cu's in the group stages but both teams tightened things up a lot since then

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 02/10/2013 11:58:24    1493408

Link