UK Forum

Warwickshire 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Both teams looked very strong but Casements walked through the EGB defense too easily. Could have been a different story with Kieran Boxwell & Joe McDermott there, but I think even they would have struggled to contain the young black lad playing full forward for them, he played a blinder!

TakeTheHit (UK) - Posts: 98 - 26/11/2013 13:03:05    1517970

Link

Would i be right in saying that Mitchels beat Macs in every game this season? if so a great achievement. What do people think will happen next year?

FenceHopper (Galway) - Posts: 27 - 26/11/2013 14:30:56    1518011

Link

Credit to both Casements and EGB for their efforts yesterday, maybe this competition can be played earlier in the year when conditions are better. Maybe make the Tuesday competition for home-grown players. Realistically barring massive recruitments from both clubs this is their only chance of winning silverware and they deserve better than playing on the bottom pitch at the end of November.

Well done to John Mitchels on their acheievements this year, there investment has paid off. Some unsavoury scenes at the end which the County Board must act upon.

Lethal (Derry) - Posts: 281 - 26/11/2013 16:49:37    1518113

Link

I believe Mitchells v Macs was a draw? Everyone had it as a draw bar the ref who had Mitchells by 1.

TakeTheHit (UK) - Posts: 98 - 26/11/2013 17:12:36    1518126

Link

Shrewd investment in that case! unsavoury scenes? yet another defeat didn't go down well then?

FenceHopper (Galway) - Posts: 27 - 27/11/2013 08:02:37    1518253

Link

All of those beautiful summers evenings and weekends we had spare this year and we're playing the quarter finals of a cup competition in the first weekend of December, what exactly is going on ???

Lethal (Derry) - Posts: 281 - 27/11/2013 17:32:05    1518517

Link

County Board Trying to fit too many competitions in. Fr Forde is secondary cup to championship and to be played off in December when a lot of clubs will have finished training just devalues it. Homegrown was added this year - which i think is a great idea - but something else had to be dropped to accomodate it.

Hopefully with new format they will have a rethink on these cups, altough under new format every club will have a free sunday every fifth week now so yet more downtime!!

tommy g (None) - Posts: 171 - 29/11/2013 14:31:11    1519118

Link

Personally speaking I can not see how anyone can blame the County Board for games being played this late. The fault lies with the clubs themselves with a number having cancelled games and then never sorted them until now. As for the bright summer days and nights people go on about, wise up when matches are fixed for then you moan and clubs cry off as lads are on holiday. As for the homegrown championship how many games were actually played? Only 2 as far as I'm aware (EGB v Four Masters and then final EGB v Casements) unless a third was played in secret, great success that. What I would say is that the format of the cups should change in some fashion to accomodate games being played earlier but guess what people like Leathal deluding themselves they are in a big club keep insisting on got to be 15 a side, got be played when we have our best players and just making excuses. If you have such an issue lads join the County Board then and make the changes, keyboard warriors tut tut.

macsfor0 (UK) - Posts: 33 - 29/11/2013 18:14:55    1519181

Link

wasnt blaming county board for fixtures but there are too many competitions to fit in so it needs to be cut back.
Were any Father Forde games played sunday?

tommy g (None) - Posts: 171 - 03/12/2013 14:07:32    1520137

Link

No matter what the score the way the referee of the Macs Mitchells game the other weekend was treated after the game was absolutely digusting. No wonder this county struggles for referees, who in their right mind would want to endure the abuse appalling abuse he was subjected to. 10 players surrounding the referees screaming obscenities is no 'unsavoury scene' it is downright scandalous and HAS to be stamped out. The team in question have got away with bullying referees for too long. Hopefully some lengthy bans will come of the episode and they will be taught a lesson.

londonderrylad (UK) - Posts: 22 - 16/12/2013 18:53:50    1524362

Link

londonderrylad, who was telling you their versions of events ??? Obviously you weren't at the game because it has taken you an awful long time to comment on it. Are you another on e of these boys that doesn't go out to games ?? But just likes to comment on things that someone else relays back to you.

Can you explain your comment as regards bullying of referees ??

You calling for lads to be banned,, is that so your team may have a chance of winning a game some day.

If it wasn't for the Macs lads, the county wouldn't have been able to field a team this year, an absolute disgrace. Have you any comment on that ?? I suppose not.

You should try and get out to a few more games next year, rather than talk nonsense on here.

limerickleader (UK) - Posts: 103 - 16/12/2013 19:53:20    1524383

Link

Down with this sort of thing

cutthemustard (Meath) - Posts: 15 - 17/12/2013 10:22:46    1524449

Link

I was actually watching the Provincial final on the other pitch. I stood and watched a team vilify the referee in question at the final whistle and a player actually gob at the referee. Were you there? I'm guessing you were because you seem to be wearing suspiciously green tinted glasses, playing the victim again, as per.

As for the banning on lads, what other option is there for such disgusting behavior? I believe my team won the Warwickshire Championship this year but hey maybe your just a bit angry, we can overlook that comment.

As for the Macs lads in the county side, no I do not have a comment for that due to me not really be that bothered. Why would I spend even more hours of my finite life watching them when I don't have to?

Macs need to realise that teams/referees/the county board aren't scared of them anymore, get on with it and just play the game.

londonderrylad (UK) - Posts: 22 - 18/12/2013 17:58:01    1525037

Link

I think the county board should finally stand up to Macs, just like Mitchels have this year and say enough is enough! You cant go around trying to bully us anymore (i think this kind of attitude would do my club no harm).

I applaud them on their effort for the county team, but the reason they are the only participants tells its own story (i.e. nobody wants to be associated with that kind of behaviour)

FenceHopper (Galway) - Posts: 27 - 19/12/2013 08:46:41    1525156

Link

But in warwickshire this behaviour is common place,not a season goes by without similar discussions taking place on these boards.The behaviour a particular club is deplorable they are a disgrace blah blah blah.Your not going to change the mentality of certain clubs or players especially if they can't see where they have gone wrong.You have to feel for the referees, some may be shocking but how they'll cope with the black card next season will be interesting.

nopopehere (UK) - Posts: 15 - 19/12/2013 09:08:20    1525159

Link

I have to disagree with you there nopopehere because if referees and the county board took appropriate action (Red Cards, Suspensions and Fines)against this behaviour then these certain clubs would have no choice but to change their behaviour. Although I do agree that it will be very interesting to see how referees will apply the black card however if it is similar to the way they apply other rules then I do not hold out much hope that it will make any difference at all. Here is hoping that I am proved completely wrong.

With regards to the county team Fencehopper has it spot on no one wants to be associated with that sort of behaviour.

Not_a_Notion (UK) - Posts: 26 - 19/12/2013 17:52:50    1525406

Link

Of course the county board could be seen to make a stand but things like this are easier swept under the carpet, better to keep the elephant in the room than tackle it head on.With regards referees it's easy to criticise but are you or me going to pull on the black jersey and get abused from March to October, I'm not .As bad as some are and we do have some bad ones their are a few that seem to be able to control a game and good luck to them for it is a thankless task. This is what brings me on to mentality, of course you want to breed a winning mentality early on in a young footballers career but there is a way to win and a way to lose and this is what is picked up from your club. While playing underage football there is a level of respect to be shown between teams, the love of the game, everyone gets a medal etc but while this drummed into young lads you then have your manager or parents berating referees, linesmen or even other parents during a game then this filters through to the young lads so by the time their playing senior it's an I don't care attitude.So to cut a long story short I believe the club bear the brunt of responsibility when it comes to this type of behaviour as it is they that mould the players whose behaviour is bein brought into question.

nopopehere (UK) - Posts: 15 - 20/12/2013 08:56:29    1525496

Link

So that is the winter over and the new season is around the corner. Has there been any new managers put in place or big players transferred in or out of the county?

Not_a_Notion (UK) - Posts: 26 - 08/01/2014 21:52:43    1529303

Link

The referees do get a hard time of it and should not be subjected to the abuse from any fans. Maybe a tougher stance on the pitch would eradicate some of the players back chat and give them a bit more authority. Change of attitude needed!!

GalwayGoose (UK) - Posts: 7 - 12/01/2014 19:04:49    1530819

Link