UK Forum

London Club Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Rosineri1:  "looks like Diarmaid Connolly might be available, sure they may as well sort out a handy labouring job for him with someone."
any sign of him lol.......

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 313 - 04/07/2019 23:08:28    2205697

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "any sign of him lol......."
Hear he is doing a bit of work in the tunnels for Crossrail

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1765 - 05/07/2019 10:22:17    2205778

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Hear he is doing a bit of work in the tunnels for Crossrail"
Haha rosi.when does the hurling champ start??. See Murphys won the tournament in ruslip today...

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 313 - 06/07/2019 22:45:58    2206603

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Haha rosi.when does the hurling champ start??. See Murphys won the tournament in ruslip today..."
Kilburn v McCurtains in the SHL final, McCurtains a big surprise so far this year, hopefully can keep it up for championship, be good to see a new team in the mix.
Neasden beat TCG last night in SFL, so looks like they superstars are settling in.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1765 - 18/07/2019 13:04:53    2212740

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Kilburn v McCurtains in the SHL final, McCurtains a big surprise so far this year, hopefully can keep it up for championship, be good to see a new team in the mix.
Neasden beat TCG last night in SFL, so looks like they superstars are settling in."
Cheers rosi.yup the super stars must be doing the business for neasden lol

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 313 - 18/07/2019 14:33:39    2212776

Link

Any other clubs missing a ton of balls on pitch two in Greenford?

Honestly those hedges are like a blackhole for O'neills balls!

#spudnothappyhappy

SouthLDN_Spud_Murphy (UK) - Posts: 2 - 18/07/2019 16:24:17    2212824

Link

Replying To SouthLDN_Spud_Murphy:  "Any other clubs missing a ton of balls on pitch two in Greenford?

#spudnothappyhappy"
Is there a reason why the club can't have nets behind the goals?

Have to say I generally prefer that pitch to the other one.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 19/07/2019 08:55:51    2213035

Link

Replying To WestAwake88:  "Is there a reason why the club can't have nets behind the goals?

Have to say I generally prefer that pitch to the other one."
Far prefer bottom field. Easier to play football on, far more level. Behind the goals is an utter disaster though.

fíoragusmacánta. (UK) - Posts: 8 - 20/07/2019 22:49:02    2213759

Link

Replying To SouthLDN_Spud_Murphy:  "Any other clubs missing a ton of balls on pitch two in Greenford?

#spudnothappyhappy"
any decent club should have a man hiding in there, guaranteed at least 5 o'neills during the year.

was at a midweek game there and the nets on the goals weren't tied, net wasn't even connected to the cross bar

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1765 - 22/07/2019 09:47:10    2214500

Link

Championship season is now officially up in running and I for one am looking forward to see how it pans out this year

Big shock in the IFC already with TCG building on their momentum from last year beating one of the favourites for the competition St. Brendan's. Great to see TCG holding their own, I thought they were almost certain forthe drop. Admittedly I haven't been keeping much tabs on intermediate recently as the Senior is so fascinating and might not be up to date with what is going on

I had Brendan's as out and out favourites but based on last nights performance they will be doing well to make it out of the group. Its always a tough ask after losing your first match. Cu Chullain have performed well on the rare occasion I watched them and they will survive the drop again in the league when they dismantle a poor KKG team this weekend.
They have to be viewed as favourites now surely? Apart from Londons Mc Mahon, Mc Ardle is the best player at that grade and done some damage at senior level last year. I see that being the difference as well as having the experience of winning it 2 years back. Joes and Tommy Macs have to be in the running too, Joes made the final last year and will come strong, Macs have won some silverware already this season but have suffered from teachers leaving for the summer in the past

TCG and Neasden are looking like they will contest the division 1 final, that will be a massive insight to the senior championship. Fulham yet to peak but expect them to come strong in a few weeks

Dulwich still favourites for me in junior although clarets seem to be coming good at the right time. Great to see the competitions relatively open!!

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 78 - 24/07/2019 12:57:25    2215709

Link

Replying To Cilldara2012:  "Championship season is now officially up in running and I for one am looking forward to see how it pans out this year

Big shock in the IFC already with TCG building on their momentum from last year beating one of the favourites for the competition St. Brendan's. Great to see TCG holding their own, I thought they were almost certain forthe drop. Admittedly I haven't been keeping much tabs on intermediate recently as the Senior is so fascinating and might not be up to date with what is going on

I had Brendan's as out and out favourites but based on last nights performance they will be doing well to make it out of the group. Its always a tough ask after losing your first match. Cu Chullain have performed well on the rare occasion I watched them and they will survive the drop again in the league when they dismantle a poor KKG team this weekend.
They have to be viewed as favourites now surely? Apart from Londons Mc Mahon, Mc Ardle is the best player at that grade and done some damage at senior level last year. I see that being the difference as well as having the experience of winning it 2 years back. Joes and Tommy Macs have to be in the running too, Joes made the final last year and will come strong, Macs have won some silverware already this season but have suffered from teachers leaving for the summer in the past

TCG and Neasden are looking like they will contest the division 1 final, that will be a massive insight to the senior championship. Fulham yet to peak but expect them to come strong in a few weeks

Dulwich still favourites for me in junior although clarets seem to be coming good at the right time. Great to see the competitions relatively open!!"
Looking at the groups in Junior, Dulwich will easily come through Group 1 with 4 wins out of 4. Second place will be between Kiernans and Wandsworth.

Group 2 will be more interesting to see who out of Clarets and Parnells come out on top. Clarets have been very strong in the league but I wonder how strong they'll be outside of Kingshill Avenue and against teams aiming to peak for Championship. Parnells homegrown lads have done great this season. Tara's and Anthony's will be some way off the top two.

Overall I think Dulwich will easily win out this year. They're just too good and smart for any other club at that level.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 24/07/2019 16:31:10    2215843

Link

Wandsworth hammered brother's pearse in the junior

skirge7 (UK) - Posts: 32 - 04/08/2019 19:10:22    2220765

Link

So it would appear the shocking the incident that took place at Ruislip last weekend is being brushed under the carpet. The post on here has been removed. Lets hope the county board take action.

macattack (UK) - Posts: 581 - 08/08/2019 11:48:35    2222630

Link

Replying To macattack:  "So it would appear the shocking the incident that took place at Ruislip last weekend is being brushed under the carpet. The post on here has been removed. Lets hope the county board take action."
any clues as to chat it is?

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1765 - 08/08/2019 13:05:49    2222654

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "any clues as to chat it is?"
Is it to do with a senior league game not taking place?

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 08/08/2019 14:13:50    2222685

Link

Junior Group 1:

St. Kiernans 2-07
Wandsworth Gaels 2-11

St Kiernans 1-08
Dulwich Harps 3-06

Junior Group 2:

Parnells 3-11
St. Anthony's 0-14

Parnells 3-10
Tara 1-17

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 09/08/2019 17:26:18    2223129

Link

Replying To WestAwake88:  "Junior Group 1:

St. Kiernans 2-07
Wandsworth Gaels 2-11

St Kiernans 1-08
Dulwich Harps 3-06

Junior Group 2:

Parnells 3-11
St. Anthony's 0-14

Parnells 3-10
Tara 1-17"
Am I right in saying the Tara's team although not fully home grown have a lot of home grown players on it?

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1765 - 12/08/2019 09:47:15    2224465

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Am I right in saying the Tara's team although not fully home grown have a lot of home grown players on it?"
Ya I'd say there's a fair few homegrown lads who would start for them.

Results from this weekend:

Division 1 Final football
Neasden 1-14
Fulham 1-11

JFC Grp 2
Clarets 1-14
Anthony's 1-07

SHC
Kilburn 3-16
Bros Pearse 1-18

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 12/08/2019 11:32:44    2224549

Link