(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Any views for the hurling tomro

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 26/10/2019 12:49:51    2245926

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Any views for the hurling tomro"
St Gabriel's by 3.

Hawkeye9212 (Donegal) - Posts: 247 - 26/10/2019 23:37:30    2246034

Link

Must have been a cracker of a game.was following it on twitter....

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 27/10/2019 19:58:36    2246169

Link

any report from the county final? by the looks of the twitter updates it was a cracker.

red cards warrented or was it a rough game? referee pushed to the ground aswell?

LetItIn6 (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 28/10/2019 06:26:20    2246217

Link

Absolute classic game yesterday, it had everything. In true GAA style, no one had a clue what was happening after the final whistle after the 1st bit of extra time, with the crowd expecting it to be settled by 65s, they announced another 20mins to be played. The players gave it absolutely everything. There was a bit of needle but nothing over the top I think. Even the ref getting barged to the floor was not alot more than a split second of madness by the player who instantly apologised after so hope too much isn't made of it. Great advert for London hurling and very enjoyable afternoon's hurling. Toreen next up for Emmetts I think with the name being played in Mayo.

LondainBhoy (UK) - Posts: 14 - 28/10/2019 13:21:31    2246282

Link

Replying To LondainBhoy:  "Absolute classic game yesterday, it had everything. In true GAA style, no one had a clue what was happening after the final whistle after the 1st bit of extra time, with the crowd expecting it to be settled by 65s, they announced another 20mins to be played. The players gave it absolutely everything. There was a bit of needle but nothing over the top I think. Even the ref getting barged to the floor was not alot more than a split second of madness by the player who instantly apologised after so hope too much isn't made of it. Great advert for London hurling and very enjoyable afternoon's hurling. Toreen next up for Emmetts I think with the name being played in Mayo."
Toureen up next for Emmets.they beat four rounds yesterday by 10 points. Its in athleague next weekend I think.....

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 28/10/2019 23:45:53    2246378

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Toureen up next for Emmets.they beat four rounds yesterday by 10 points. Its in athleague next weekend I think....."
How do people think TCG will get on against Padraig Pearses this weekend?

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 46 - 08/11/2019 10:17:05    2248511

Link

Replying To WestAwake88:  "How do people think TCG will get on against Padraig Pearses this weekend?"
Beaten by 6.why don't the SFC winners play in the IFC club championship,like the shc winners (robert emmetts 2019)do??

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 11/11/2019 13:42:44    2249077

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Beaten by 6.why don't the SFC winners play in the IFC club championship,like the shc winners (robert emmetts 2019)do??"
Ive been saying the same thing for years, they our out of there depth at this level, they think they're better than they our the county board should do the right thing and play in the IFC championship.

Yourjoking (USA) - Posts: 480 - 11/11/2019 13:57:58    2249081

Link

Replying To Yourjoking:  "Ive been saying the same thing for years, they our out of there depth at this level, they think they're better than they our the county board should do the right thing and play in the IFC championship."
Surely would they won't win to many games at senior level....

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 11/11/2019 20:11:54    2249134

Link

Let's call a spade a spade and recognise that London GAA is going through a bit of a sea change. Clubs from non traditional areas of the capital are starting to thrive due to differences in job seekers coming to the city and the decline of a lot of large clubs. Neasden are being bankrolled and would not otherwise survive, NLS were being bankrolled and struggled this year, KKG are in turmoil and Parnells have decided to build with the English born talent and start from Div 3. This is diluting the quality of the league and the championship.

TCG were going to struggle in this game given the fact that they were down Killian Butler, Adrian Hanlon and Ryan Elliott from last year which was their whole full forward line. Think it is something that could be looked at in future but not many london clubs have gotten serious beatings at this level.

macruiskeen (UK) - Posts: 34 - 12/11/2019 14:51:32    2249263

Link

Replying To macruiskeen:  "Let's call a spade a spade and recognise that London GAA is going through a bit of a sea change. Clubs from non traditional areas of the capital are starting to thrive due to differences in job seekers coming to the city and the decline of a lot of large clubs. Neasden are being bankrolled and would not otherwise survive, NLS were being bankrolled and struggled this year, KKG are in turmoil and Parnells have decided to build with the English born talent and start from Div 3. This is diluting the quality of the league and the championship.

TCG were going to struggle in this game given the fact that they were down Killian Butler, Adrian Hanlon and Ryan Elliott from last year which was their whole full forward line. Think it is something that could be looked at in future but not many london clubs have gotten serious beatings at this level."
It will be a long time before a club wins a game at this level.seems like putting the senior hurling winners into the intermidiate club cham was more successful. Think emmets won it 1 year an Gabriel's lost to a good Clara team in the final.I presume others years yr gna have yr corofin or bullintubber heading there an they won't be beaten by any London team....

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 12/11/2019 23:06:22    2249345

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "It will be a long time before a club wins a game at this level.seems like putting the senior hurling winners into the intermidiate club cham was more successful. Think emmets won it 1 year an Gabriel's lost to a good Clara team in the final.I presume others years yr gna have yr corofin or bullintubber heading there an they won't be beaten by any London team...."
Absolutely. Given that they put London hurling champions into the Connacht intermediate championship, they might have been better off putting the footballers into intermediate too rather than senior. TCG would stand a great chance of getting out of the Connacht IFC and giving an all ireland a bash. I'm guessing the reason they put them into the senior c'ship was that they wanted to give the Leitrim and Sligo teams a bit of company.

jamesor2 (Roscommon) - Posts: 9 - 18/11/2019 20:33:39    2250238

Link

Any word on the county teams preparations or new players arrived in london.....???

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 04/01/2020 19:50:21    2257370

Link

Replying To edshamrocks:  "Any word on the county teams preparations or new players arrived in london.....???"
Not much news. I haven't heard about any new players joining the panel but Maher wants top put more emphasis on developing home grown talent which makes sense because he is a Londoner himself.

Hawkeye9212 (Donegal) - Posts: 247 - 06/01/2020 16:42:12    2257805

Link

Replying To Hawkeye9212:  "Not much news. I haven't heard about any new players joining the panel but Maher wants top put more emphasis on developing home grown talent which makes sense because he is a Londoner himself."
Cheers Hawkeye.wait an see what the leagues bring I suppose..looked for to 23 Feb playing Wexford that Sunday so will be at that

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 322 - 07/01/2020 15:22:01    2258000

Link