Tyrone Forum

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final

(Oldest Posts First)

Sun, Sep 2, 2018 15:30

DUBLIN v TYRONE

Tyrone starting team: N Morgan; M McKernan, R McNamee, P Hampsey; T McCann, F Burns, P Harte; C Cavanagh, C McShane; M Donnelly, N Sludden, K McGeary; M Bradley, R Donnelly, C McAliskey.
Subs: M O'Neill, L Brennan, R Brennan, M Cassidy, H Loughran, C McCann, D McClure, A McCrory, HP McGeary, C Meyler, R O'Neill.

Wishing good luck to our gallant team and I hope to celebrate as I have booked off Mon & Tue!

Up4it. (Tyrone) - Posts: 188 - 31/08/2018 23:55:50    2138065

Link

Championship Meetings in the last ten years...
2018 Tyrone 0-14 Dublin 1-14 (All-Ireland quarter-final phase 2)
2017 Dublin 2-17 Tyrone 0-11 (All-Ireland semi-final)
2011 Dublin 0-22 Tyrone 0-15 (All-Ireland quarter-final)
2010 Dublin 1-15 Tyrone 0-13 (All-Ireland quarter-final)
2008 Tyrone 3-14 Dublin 1-08 (All-Ireland quarter-final)

Pat Spillane is now saying that the Dubs are in for their 4th consecutive all Ireland title as there is no team in the country near Dublin's standard when one looks at the strength of what they have both on and off the bench. He says, until Kerry regroup or possibly Mayo then the next best offering we'll continue to get is a Tyrone team with although ambitious outlook but will have a limited capability unless there's change at the top. It's funny how the likes of Galway and Donegal even don't feature in Spillane's crystal ball predictions into the future?

WestRules (Galway) - Posts: 251 - 01/09/2018 18:08:43    2138194

Link

Hard luck boys. No shame losing to that Dublin team. Looking forward to renewing hostilities with yous in 2019!

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6510 - 02/09/2018 18:57:03    2138468

Link

Yeh hard luck lads, the makings of a very good side there if ye bring yer shooting boots. Onwards and upwards.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7699 - 02/09/2018 20:29:27    2138504

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Yeh hard luck lads, the makings of a very good side there if ye bring yer shooting boots. Onwards and upwards."
Cheers lad

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1699 - 03/09/2018 09:22:10    2138625

Link

Proud of the lads and management team.

Thanks for the journey and can't wait until next year.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1699 - 03/09/2018 09:23:56    2138626

Link

A frustrating experience; Dublin are a class act but when we yet again witness fundamental weaknesses that should be addressed on the training field it has to be a frustration.

Lee Brennan enters the play and immediately give a quick dummy and launches a futile 47th minute effort which was indicative of Tyrone's attacking play. They had 16 wides overall to Dublin's six. They took on 13 shots from outside of the scoring zone, some from well outside of it, and they scored only one. Even when 0-5 to 0-1 in front they still could have been further ahead, and when they needed cool heads to work their way back into the game they were equally rash. McShane should have been told before the game don;t shot and should have been pulled off at half time.

Need to look for a goal keeper as Morgan is prone to too many errors.

Long ball could have worked but noone appeared to know CC was upfront!

Ger from Omagh (Tyrone) - Posts: 110 - 03/09/2018 10:03:31    2138643

Link

Hardluck lads no needs to be down, big future for Tyrone Football. Just one thing though, if you look at the 2 goalkeeping performances you would have to question tactics, no county can beat Dublin, including my own, if you let them have the short kick out. They always have the extra man when it counts. This is a management issue, not a goalie one. Hope all counties go back to man marking, the sight of Ciaran Kilkenny strolling along the 45 is getting old.

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1264 - 03/09/2018 11:32:32    2138720

Link

Hard luck lads, I thought Tyrone gave a great account of themselves in this years championship. I always felt Dublin were going to win but Tyrone put themselves about for a good chunk of that game. That's a young team ye have there, very fit, strong bench and although I've been critical of Harte in the past I think he's showing signs that he might just be coming up with a new game plan, albeit very slowly.
The first 20 minutes yesterday I thought Tyrone were awesome, well up in Dublin's faces but missed some glorious chances to really turn the screw on Dublin.
But look, onwards and upwards. There's a lot of positives for Tyrone to take from this year and I've no doubt ye will be back again. Winter well lads

keithlemon (Australia) - Posts: 887 - 03/09/2018 11:53:59    2138740

Link

Replying To Ger from Omagh:  "A frustrating experience; Dublin are a class act but when we yet again witness fundamental weaknesses that should be addressed on the training field it has to be a frustration.

Lee Brennan enters the play and immediately give a quick dummy and launches a futile 47th minute effort which was indicative of Tyrone's attacking play. They had 16 wides overall to Dublin's six. They took on 13 shots from outside of the scoring zone, some from well outside of it, and they scored only one. Even when 0-5 to 0-1 in front they still could have been further ahead, and when they needed cool heads to work their way back into the game they were equally rash. McShane should have been told before the game don;t shot and should have been pulled off at half time.

Long ball could have worked but noone appeared to know CC was upfront!"
What happened to Mickey o Neill

Smiler21 (Tyrone) - Posts: 21 - 03/09/2018 11:58:26    2138741

Link

Replying To Ger from Omagh:  "A frustrating experience; Dublin are a class act but when we yet again witness fundamental weaknesses that should be addressed on the training field it has to be a frustration.

Long ball could have worked but noone appeared to know CC was upfront!"
spot on Ger our lads where going for the wonder scores when a bit of ''game management'' was needed.
We gifted the 1-1 in the space of 80 seconds, after the holding the ball and working it across the pitch CMS took on a shot that was never on he should worked it on to the scoring area from there they went up and got a point and the pen came straight from that kick out.
that play just turned the hole game.
also our lack of cuteness in slowing the dubs down stopping them running and hitting quick free let us down how many times did McCaffery get the ball inside his own 45 and run at his leisure for 40 or 50 yards unchallenged, also with the 2nd goal we had 3 men around Cooper and give away a cheap free but in stead of slowing him down (take the ball or try and take it) we let him move the ball quick in Con who was un marked inside the D as the 3 lads where stand out under the Hogan watching Cooper hit the free and he was able to lay it for off a handy goal for Scully.
look at there mistakes from Tyrone and then look how they never let take quick restart by holding the ball or the player until they where set up to deal with it.
All of these will be a lesson to our lads and they will come back stronger after playing a final against probably the best team ever to have played the game but we still need at least 2 more good scorers

redbomb (Tyrone) - Posts: 163 - 04/09/2018 14:00:39    2139137

Link

Hard luck to Tyrone, the Dubs were awesome from about the 20th minute and hard to live with, but can imagine that there are frustrations that you didn't perform at the absolute peak of your powers (which is necessary for pretty much all counties to get near this Dublin team unfortunately). Too many wides and when the Dubs turned the screw after the penalty you needed cool heads, slow it down, keep possession - it didn't happen.

But there's a lot to build on for Tyrone there, I think with the improvement from last year to this if there's another jump in quality from you next year it'll make for an interesting summer.

JoeSoap (Donegal) - Posts: 936 - 04/09/2018 15:15:18    2139164

Link

I was thinking Tyrone could win the AI i was expecting
Tyrone to come out and be in Dublins faces all day like
the Tyrone team of the 00 they didnt lay a hand on them
and they leave Dublin use the short kick out that was a
disaster i was expecting more from Mickey and it didnt
happen if they had scored a third of there wides they
would have won the game and we they put Colm in
on the square he caused all sorts of problems for Dublin
Tyrone are not far away hopefully they learned from the experience

wfkerry (USA) - Posts: 926 - 05/09/2018 01:46:01    2139311

Link

If there was one thing that Sunday showed us is that we lack leaders. The wheels came off and not one person stood up and grabbed the game by the balls. We began to loose the kick outs and that was it, all over. We needed two or three men to stand up and cause havoc when the chips were down. Too many fancy boys, too many nice guys,,,,no all Ireland in this bunch i'll tell you that for a fact.

Game2Halves (Tyrone) - Posts: 263 - 05/09/2018 12:25:18    2139410

Link

You are spot on there. Your guys have no all ireland in them. When you talk about leaders do you mean mac menamenn or a macmahon they were not leaders they were guys who did not play the game in the right spirit but they played the intimidation game talking personnel issues in your opponents ear and fear which MICKY harte encouraged. You did have leaders in dooher and cavanagh.

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 404 - 19/10/2018 13:39:42    2147240

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "You are spot on there. Your guys have no all ireland in them. When you talk about leaders do you mean mac menamenn or a macmahon they were not leaders they were guys who did not play the game in the right spirit but they played the intimidation game talking personnel issues in your opponents ear and fear which MICKY harte encouraged. You did have leaders in dooher and cavanagh."
ah would ye dry up Kerry will always be known as the 2nd best team of the 00's not because the Tyrone lads where better talkers but because they where better footballers

redbomb (Tyrone) - Posts: 163 - 22/10/2018 13:28:24    2147673

Link

We were the team at playing football by a long way

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 404 - 30/10/2018 16:40:05    2148756

Link