Tipperary Forum

Declan Ryan

(Oldest Posts First)

What do ye think of Declan's tenure so far? The one thing I have noticed about the Tipp camp this year is there has been less hype, if anything there was more about them last year. You could read Sheedy like an open book, but Declan is very much laidback and he brings a bit of calm to the set up.

Mulman (Tipperary) - Posts: 562 - 14/06/2011 18:12:14    956417

Link

Aye it seems that way alright which isn't a bad thing.... I had a bit of critism of him in the cork game felt he was a bit slow making the changes needed!! Made them when they were needed against clare and the players from the bench made an impact.

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 20/06/2011 19:18:32    961367

Link

Heard that he called a few up to the panel from u21? Anybody know anything about this?

Ellie (Tipperary) - Posts: 24 - 22/06/2011 19:22:04    963335

Link

ya think he was slow with the changes v cork alright, couldn't understand how o'mahony wasn't picked but we got through.

to be fair to declan, in some regards, it was a very hard job to take as in if he doesn't win the all ireland he will be deemed as a failure(by some). i know there's huge talent but you often see in loads of sports changing a manager after a success can lead to a slide if you're not on the money straight away. its not as if he knew how the players were going to re-act to winning last september (some might be happy with their lot etc) and then of course kk are going to be back again, dublin now have to be a serious treat. so i dont think it was just as easy as "ya ill take the job and give it a lash". he had to stamp his authority on the squad and think he has by making a few changes.

think there's a really good attitude with the players again this year and we have to be confident.

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 30/06/2011 09:37:57    971174

Link