Sligo Forum

Convention

(Oldest Posts First)

Something smells very fishy...... Never heard of a convention been postponed before. The convention booklets are out with all the clubs. Another effort to oust the chairman. Hardly progress to bring back a man who was there 10 years ago and another former chairman trying his luck at getting in at pro.....

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 607 - 12/12/2012 12:05:27    1309476

Link

Smellier than a beached whale in Maugherow

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 198 - 13/12/2012 14:59:24    1310089

Link

Ya. Its does not look too good all right. Seems our County exec is very divided all year and rumour has it that the finance committe of the board are also at logger heads with some officers. Its a pity if any or all of this is true. All of theses are great GAA people. how did we get to this stage ???

Tommy Murphy (Sligo) - Posts: 176 - 13/12/2012 17:59:11    1310217

Link

Cyril once again fought off his competitors but at what price.? We now have no Treasurer and no one will be too anxious to touch a job just when it seemed the joint treasurers had turned the corners with finance. Cyril was left with a lot of egg on his face as there was no need to cancel last months convention due to the accounts not been audited as they are still not audited but were still adopted at last nights meeting. Croke Park were also happy with them.

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 607 - 04/01/2013 18:31:28    1313733

Link

I hope we really have turned the corner now ??? . Audited accounts issue seems to have been the spark that lit the fuse. Three of the outgoing finance committee withdrew on the night. Looks bad now for all three which is a pity. Hope that new exec comm can gell togerther and all this back stabbing comes to an end NOW. We need everyone singing from the same hymn sheet now. Pity that some of our best singers cant seem to get on with the conductor and have opted out.

Tommy Murphy (Sligo) - Posts: 176 - 05/01/2013 12:24:30    1313868

Link

agree with Tommy Murphy. We just need to move on TOGETHER and turn the corner for 2013. Not much point in people "throwing the toys out of the pram" just beacuse they did not get their own way.

sligodomain (Sligo) - Posts: 88 - 07/01/2013 14:47:16    1314700

Link

Would love to agree with the 2 of you but cant see it happening.. They is a very definite split in the county exec. It was a shocking thing to see a vote been taking place for the job of secretary but just before the counting commenced after the votes had been cast one of the nominees withdrawing simply because the vote for the chairman was announced and it did not go the way this person wanted. I consider this a very healthy debate on the future of Sligo GAA but their is no way any of our comments would be put up on the Sligo Website trust me I know cos I have tried it....... Does that seem right????

eoinog (Sligo) - Posts: 607 - 09/01/2013 09:35:26    1315656

Link

oinog
County: Sligo

Where do we go from here? The mood from players and management seems very positive for the upcoming season and then we have this going on in the backround. This can only have a negative effect on the team, supporters, sponsors etc. The Sligo County board think they are looking after the affairs of an All Ireland winning machine, take a look around lads we are near the bottom of a bad pile and only when we start working at the bottom can we move up.

Benbulben (Sligo) - Posts: 297 - 09/01/2013 19:48:46    1316036

Link