Sligo Forum

County Trial 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Anyone that takes Castleconnor as a benchmark for success really is desperate, what have they won??
The County squad needs new faces and new thinking, it's not good enough to just pull on a jersey you have to give your all.

allSOran (Sligo) - Posts: 690 - 01/10/2012 12:45:15    1275592

Link

Ladies and gentlemen, if we dont find 2 midfielders who can win primary possession we are on the road to nowhere, in the Celtic Tiger years maybe we could done a Kildare Or Cork and poached a good midfielder from an another county when jobs were a plenty but that day is long gone plus the fact we have no financial clout to offer incentives.

The FBD League will be interesting and I hope he gives every prospect a chance, is'nt it better to get hammered on a wet miserable day in January and give youth a chance than in Hyde Park on Connact final day by 2 pts because you simply have no midfield and no options on the sideline to bring on?????

I rest my case.

sligeach.yeats (Sligo) - Posts: 9 - 02/10/2012 09:16:24    1276162

Link

Not taking a dig at Sligo here, but the fact is Sligo just dont have the players. Your underage teams have had no success in recent years, never won an under 21 Connaught title and your last minor was in 1968. What can you really expect from your senior team. I know a few lads who have played on minor and under 21 teams in Sligo and the training gear they received dwarfed what Mayo, Galway and other county teams get. This money should instead be invested properly by bringing in top underage trainers ect.

ballaghmen (Mayo) - Posts: 318 - 04/11/2012 11:41:34    1292264

Link

Seen on here that walsh has brought in a number of new players to the panel any idea what the squad in full may be.
what players have left and what fresh players have been brought in?

moleman17 (Sligo) - Posts: 64 - 26/11/2012 19:30:14    1303149

Link