Sligo Forum

Team for Kildare/Limerick

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Best of luck Guys. Kildare are there for the taking, over hyped and players who are well past their best.

Barney_Legend (Laois) - Posts: 301 - 24/07/2012 09:12:36    1226943

Link

Barney_Legend
County: Laois

Best of luck Guys. Kildare are there for the taking, over hyped and players who are well past their best.

Barney I hope Laois will beat Meath on Saturday. For all on here..the guys on the Laois forum know Barney is not a Laois man. As do most of the lads on the Kildare forum.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1587 - 24/07/2012 10:09:29    1226998

Link

Lads great chance of beating the lillie,s the weekend a great time to be playing after there performance last week...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 24/07/2012 10:41:14    1227050

Link

Sligo will do well to be within 6 points of Kildare on the basis of any fair minded analysis of both teams.Longford kicked us out the gate in the league and everybody was on here crying about the team and managment.Since then we turned it around with wins that were over very ordinary sides.Kildare are no great shakes but have a far stronger panel than Sligo and in the event that they bring their shooting boots on Sat evening we could get a hiding [pardon the pun].

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 205 - 24/07/2012 12:04:21    1227178

Link

Well lads, just came over to say best of luck on Saturday and may the best team win.

Just want to know how highly do you lads rate your chances against us? Are yous confident of beating us or do yous reckon Kildare will win?

Just asking because I haven't watched much of Sligo this year, only seen them play in the Connacht final against Mayo and it was hard to judge yous off that.

suncroft_abu (Kildare) - Posts: 298 - 24/07/2012 13:06:25    1227297

Link

Don't be judging Kildare on the game against Limerick. Expect a reaction from the team. In fact, playing Kildare this weekend is probably the worst game you could of got. They will be hungry.

suncroft_abu (Kildare) - Posts: 298 - 24/07/2012 13:16:48    1227311

Link

Unknown, I'm not sure which Connacht Final you were at if you think David Maye played better than Mark Brehony. I concede his 45's were good, but aside from that was TOTALLY anonymous. Brehony was one of our busier and more functional forwards. Also, Paul McGovern has had two very poor games in a row now. And Charlie Harrison would be devoured at Centre Back with the physicality of Kildare coming through the middle. I honestly think Egan doesnt know what to do with himself at wing forward. He doesnt have the positional sense for it. I would utilise his strength and athleticism at centre back and bring in Johnny Davey for his speed on the wing as he will draw dozens of fouls. Its amazing what different people see at the same game.

An_Leine_Dubh (Sligo) - Posts: 49 - 24/07/2012 16:02:14    1227621

Link

I genuinely do think Sligo are well able to beat Kildare, as somone pointed out they are way too overhyped. And I wouldn't mind what some people are saying about kildare wanting to make up for Limerick, they said that after us, and then they were back to their usual selves after Cavan. I think it's obvious to all that fitness won out in the end against Limerick, but that won't be the case with all teams. Yas have some decent footballers up there. Have some faith!!!

ClassApart (Meath) - Posts: 1200 - 24/07/2012 16:33:01    1227693

Link

I hope the Sligo team go into this with confidence, they are in with a great shout.

The venue should be to Sligos advantage and i again hope the Sligo faithful travel in numbers, make it a home game for yerselves, that's your role as supporters and ye should fill that role.

Kildare were very lucky to beat Galway in the league match winner takes all, wasn't it a last min penalty that got them out of that one, they beat an average uninterested Tyrone side in the final.Their league form was good as they won it but Tyrone were top on points by 5 and Kildare had lost to both Tyrone and Monaghan. (thats only league form but nothing to fear from that imo)

Meath beat them in the championship fairly comfortably who were then beaten by the Dubs fairly handy only for the jacks took their eye off the game for the last ten min. Last weekend Kildare were poxed with luck to force Limerick into extra time and they had a comfortable win v Cavan the week before .

All in all compare that to Sligos rampant win in Galway and never went behind in the cf v Mayo till the 65th min (i think), i really believe people are getting this one wrong, it's Sligos for the taking, take it by the scruff and horse into them , you'll win this.

If your ff line can get the right ball in, they will score more than they did in the cf, why ye persisted with that big high ball in the first half was beyond me with Mayo cleaning it up, Keane must of caught 5/6 clean in the first twenty mins.

Best of luck again, we will be rooting for ye. Sligo deserve croker this year.

51longago (Mayo) - Posts: 2981 - 24/07/2012 17:03:01    1227746

Link

Jaysus 51longago. You're shouting for us and singing our praises

I have to hand it to you.

You're really are now F***** with my head. How did this 'paulian conversion on the road to damascus' come about

judemannion (None) - Posts: 44 - 24/07/2012 18:06:01    1227850

Link

lads this will be a good game Kildare have hopefully learned a big lessonlast week that sitting back wont get them anywhere I expect to see the panel being well used on saturday as well. they will this week get back to the basics i believe that what training was all about this week.sligo are a good team watched the final wasnt much in it I just felt that a few imes that the balls passed into the forward were just a bit high and that some of the players arent quiet as tall as the mayo backs were and the ball was lost. but im sure saturday this game will be a great one to watch its a pity thet rte are not covering it as well but im sure they have there cut backs.anyway will be heading for hyde park look forward to the game craic and a bit of banther

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 26/07/2012 13:07:08    1229467

Link