Sligo Forum

Sligo Minors

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I was in Carrick last Sunday to watch the minors. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. I was really looking forward to seeing Cian Breheny playing but didn't realise he would have to cry off with a hamstring injury. What a bitter disappointment for the player himself and the Sligo supporters. I was extremely impressed by Darragh Cummins in the backs. Hard to believe he has still 2 years left at minor. Other players who stood out for me were Cathal Henry who scored a few fine points and Kevin McDonnell who scored a cracking goal. Why did we not use the latter more? I don't know why we switched both wing backs midway through the first half. Both were doing fine where they were. Also the management left Stephen Kerins on for the last 10 minutes of the first half when he was clearly concussed after a collision. Whatever hope we had of winning without Breheny, we needed 15 on the field. Apparently the sending off was for persistent fouling off the ball and he had been warned. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Ros were there for the taking!

SligoCody (Sligo) - Posts: 70 - 25/06/2013 16:56:31    1415431

Link

Same old problems with the minors SligoCody. I wasn't at the match but it always seems to be a case that our minor teams lack the nuance to work out a win, there seems to be an in built naivety in the teams.

Garavogue (Sligo) - Posts: 95 - 25/06/2013 17:48:27    1415481

Link

I was also at the game and while we didn't play as well as i know we can we still defended better than Sligo,in Cathal Compton we had the best midfielder on show and in McGann,Murtagh we had two good forwards that could take scores from play. 12 scores to 6 i don't think Sligo fans can have many complaints about the result.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2393 - 26/06/2013 20:49:24    1416357

Link