Sligo Forum

Neglect of Clubs by County Management

(Oldest Posts First)

I understood that the County Board and the County Management had agreed a list of games which the County Players could play, albeit a small list. That list was thrown out the window last week when the County lads were pulled for a 'bonding weekend'. Forget about the fact that limiting County Players contribution to their clubs to a handful of games being farcical in the first place, when you compare it to the top tier County teams (Tyrone etc) and how they treat their clubs, the late notice was a slap in the face and shows a lack of respect to Clubs and the ordinary club players. Any views on this issue and the fact that it could in fact be affecting the standard of club football in Sligo, where clubs with County players only play together as a full team intermittently.

Informed Nail (None) - Posts: 79 - 02/04/2012 10:23:55    1141622

Link

the biggest issues our players will face coming into the champioship is lack of time away from each other. the best KW could do is let the players off to their clubs so they could have a game without the pressure associated with county and also play against somone else instead of the ones they know all too well at training. i have yet to see a sligo manager who believed that giving palyers club time was good. is there not some regulation from HQ regarding releasing players for club games?

TimtheEnchanter (Sligo) - Posts: 309 - 03/04/2012 12:32:56    1142652

Link

The Club's manager's should decide what game's the "county" players can play.
I'm sure every player would get a fair amount of time off before county games.
They would be better off playing for their club's.

allSOran (Sligo) - Posts: 690 - 10/04/2012 13:11:48    1147823

Link