Sligo Forum

Summerhill or Attractas for glory this year?

(Oldest Posts First)

Any thoughts?

john.no1 (Sligo) - Posts: 456 - 30/09/2010 10:33:07    787365

Link

Most of last yrs summerhill players are there this yr aswell im told so i'll be expecting them to go close to winning the A connacht.

Last yr Attractas beat Summerhill several times and imo had a better team. I also heard that Attractas could enter the A championship every yr but decide not too. I think its a bit of joke tbh, they were definitly good enough for A last yr, whats the point hiding in the B. How many of Attractas are there from last yr? IMO last yr attractas would of beaten jarlaths, muirdeachs and probably have given Gerards a better game.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1489 - 30/09/2010 12:18:27    787442

Link

summerhill wud have beet attractas had they met in the championship. there was more of a unity in the team. summerhill were experimenting everytime they played attractas in challenges, unlike attractas who used pretty much the same 15 all year.

john.no1 (Sligo) - Posts: 456 - 30/09/2010 12:53:13    787492

Link

its good to see summerhill bounce back after last year and seem to be serious contenders for a connacht championship .they won by 5 points today anyone at the match? who played well

townietalk (Sligo) - Posts: 35 - 15/12/2010 20:28:01    833646

Link

Townietalk, it is very premature to say Summerhill have bounced back. For me they have the best team in connacht this yr, but Jarlaths are strong aswell, i have concerns of overconfidence and complacency with Summerhill. I recently witnessed there training and the atitude throughout was very casual, not the mark of winners. That will have to change for them to win Connacht A league and Championship as if it continues they will get caught on the hop even in Connacht. They have to remember the pain of last yrs final and let that drive them on.

Attractas lost heavily in the first rd this yr to roscommon cbs, there new prinicipal doesnt want GAA in the school, so hopefully the CB and parents will intervene and get coaches back in there Full time.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1489 - 16/12/2010 13:25:12    833883

Link

maybe bounced back was the wrong choice of words...but last year it took the summerhill 10 games 2 win one game and already they have won 4 games on the trott. and as for the relaxed attitude its still early in the season there is no point in having hard tough demanding trainings all year the players would get burned out with football and school. i know that the team wil be focused when the chamionship comes...the team is determinded win back some pride for the school after the final last year and they want to do themselves some justice.

townietalk (Sligo) - Posts: 35 - 17/12/2010 15:05:00    834527

Link

townietalk, how can u possibly say dat summerhill need to bring back pride to da school? how can u say dat wen dey reached their 1st a final last year since 1985. obviously the final did not go as planned but the school and county were extremely proud of the team. the team itself was full of pride, remember they did win the second half of that match which was a remarkable achievment considering they did not score in the first half. having been out of summerhill for a couple of years i no all of the lads from last years and this years teams and they will put all their efforts into bringing the connacht title back to sligo. i feel sorry for the boys that have left and the likes of collery and o'hehir who are over age, as i feel they sud win connacht, the team will expect to win connacht. with a coach like liam og they can do it, i feel dat this is their best chance. i felt last years team was stronger, but this years team are the strongest in the age group. they do not need to reinstill pride, after last year. they let down no1 last year

john.no1 (Sligo) - Posts: 456 - 17/12/2010 16:04:02    834594

Link