Leitrim Forum

CONNACHT JFC 2015

(Oldest Posts First)

I seen on the website leitrim were down to play roscommon in the first round of the junior champiinship. Cant find a result anywhere anyone know if it went ahead?

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 358 - 30/04/2015 14:51:00    1719237

Link

Roscommon give leitrim a bye, Leitrim play Galway in the semi-final next wednesday. Roscommon not fielding a junior team this year.

Grey_Owl (Leitrim) - Posts: 35 - 01/05/2015 08:01:21    1719372

Link

Wondering what sort of team is available for wednesday and if any senior panelists will play with senior games less than a fortnight away. Think we should play our strongest possible team this is our best hope of provincial success have great memories of 2004 and going to thurles for the final.

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 358 - 05/05/2015 14:17:14    1720404

Link

Even though we lost it was good that we had the opportunity to try out some younger players. Hopefully we will continue to enter this competition as it could be used as a good step up to Senior Inter-county.

One thing however, I know it was easier for Shane Ward to pick players he has trained already in the past 2 years, but I would have liked him to use some club players who might have never made the breakthrough at Inter-county level but could yet have an impact - it would have gave club players an extra incentive to improve.
Players like Paddy McGuire and Ciaran Egan coming back from injury and even the likes of the Aughawillan corner back and midfielder (Flanagan?) surely deserve a atleast a chance to prove themselves. A few other like Mulligan from Mohill and Nicholas McWeeney from Carrick were surely worth their spot on the panel alone.

Leitrim1234 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 07/05/2015 10:29:29    1721083

Link