Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Minors 2015

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Ballinamore more than put it up to a Mohill team that looked far too strong on paper, Donal Feely and Kevin Mullen standouts for the SOH, Keith Beirne and Alan Tuthill best for Manachans. Two good goal keepers on show as well in Alan Keenan and Darren Maxwell.

Ballinamore will have the Aughavas contingent in for the Ch'ship

Manachans had 1-2 starters absent due to injury

Fenagh looked good by all accounts in winning the 13 a side final although I wasn't at it. Joining up with 11 a side finalists Gortletteragh who boast a match winner in Jack Heslin means it could be very close Minor C'ship later in the year with those three teams in the hunt

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 314 - 23/04/2015 12:27:30    1716668

Link

Has the minor team full squad to pick from or is any player missing from league?

Leitrim36 (Leitrim) - Posts: 55 - 25/06/2015 14:11:19    1742569

Link

Can I make a plea to Leitrim Suppporters to answer Shane Heslin's call and make it to Carrick on SAturday to support this talented Leitrim team.

They are up against a fancied Sligo team who have already won the Connacht Minor League.

However,despite the 3 recent injuries they are more than capable of winning this game.

Being there and showing our support will make a difference as Shane said.

They are a great bunch of players from all over the county and deserve our support.

Shane Ward is also asking Leitrim Supporters to also make it to Drogheda.

Up Leitrim

joeman123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 159 - 25/06/2015 14:56:16    1742599

Link

Can I make a plea to Leitrim Suppporters to answer Shane Heslin's call and make it to Carrick on SAturday to support this talented Leitrim team.

They are up against a fancied Sligo team who have already won the Connacht Minor League.

However,despite the 3 recent injuries they are more than capable of winning this game.

Being there and showing our support will make a difference as Shane said.

They are a great bunch of players from all over the county and deserve our support.

Shane Ward is also asking Leitrim Supporters to also make it to Drogheda.

Up Leitrim

joeman123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 159 - 25/06/2015 14:56:32    1742600

Link

What went wrong with this years minors? I heard great things about this team down through the years and they have previously beaten sligo before. Was it tactics? Or team selection?

Ice14 (Leitrim) - Posts: 6 - 30/06/2015 15:08:45    1745488

Link

Aiden Rooneys son seems to be a good talent for sligo

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 284 - 30/06/2015 15:14:57    1745492

Link

Was very disappointing to see county minors loose to Sligo in the way they did. These was supposed to be a talented group of players and I believe they are but they have been let down again with poor preparation. It was obvious that they had not enough of game time playing together and challenge games since the minor league finished in April. This was shown up in the defensive side of their game against Sligo. I know that Sligo had a lot of challenge matches in their preparations for the minor championship.
The county board/management teams needs to realise that the only way Leitrim will improve at senior is through developing our underage players. If we are not good enough at minor we wont be good enough at senior simple as!!! Invest, Invest, Invest, at underage. Also can we get some guidance from a successful county like Dublin Surely Declan Darcy could help us by giving us a template for developing underage players.

Leitrim36 (Leitrim) - Posts: 55 - 05/07/2015 18:40:27    1747891

Link

Back to an earlier point I made in his forum, a tight Minor A it has proven to be .. Manachans may well have nicked it had they Keith Beirne available last weekend.

Melvin Gaels with a 4 in a Row in the Minor B, something is being done right u in Kinlough, hard to believe Darragh Rooney is 16 .. a very good player!

Also what do you folks make of the Connacht Minor Club competiton this year, I will be very interested to see how our Minors compare to those of other counties at club level

U17 next year will mean a few lads will automatically be robbed of their chance to play their last year Minor but should make for an easier time for the CCC and ease fixture gluts at this time of the year.

Manachan's to nick the replay if they have Keith Beirne, Fenagh / Gort to close it out better and win if he's unavailable!

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 314 - 14/10/2015 16:44:06    1798793

Link

Fantastic minor game last Sunday. Makes you wonder what the county minor management had the two best minor forwards in the county as wing backs. Ryan o rourke was magnificent. Keith Beirne similar. Jamie Stenson got most of the breaks.

williewonka (Leitrim) - Posts: 34 - 20/10/2015 14:26:24    1800608

Link

Howya jimmy

ball girl (Leitrim) - Posts: 194 - 20/10/2015 15:37:00    1800645

Link