Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Panel 2014

(Oldest Posts First)

Amidst the furoe of the post Armagh criticism and the uncertain futures of many in the upper echelons of Leitrim GAA, never mind Barney and George, I noticed Robbie Lowe in the paper calling for an injection of new 'young blood' to be brought into the panel for next year, to ensure the injury crisis we've seen this year doesn't cripple future panels. I think a lot of young and upcoming players who may be a bit raw would benefit from a year in the county set up. It would bolster their development as players for club level and acclimatise them to life at Senior Inter County Level should they ever be called up.

Based on a few performances I've seen this year here's a few players I'd like to see in the County set up next year.

St. Mary's: Nick McWeeney
Ballinamore: Shane Murphy
Drumkeerin: Feidhlim McHugh
Gortletteragh: Niall Woods, Padraig Gallagher
Mohill: Eanna Madden, Ronan Kennedy,
Bornacoola: Damian Moran
Melvin Gaels: Stephen McGurrin
Glencar Manor: Evan Sweeney, James Rooney
Glenfarne Kilty: Niall & Fergal Clancy

Any opinions?

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 316 - 18/07/2013 09:44:28    1435048

Link

should that not be what our junior county team should be for getting used to the set up, no harm in sharing training sessions etc but getting rid of the junior team was a bad mistake this year

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 18/07/2013 10:40:49    1435089

Link

Focus on getting a new manager for the under 21s and then them lads can get some confidence and experience.
The under 21s only got one championship game this year so if the structure can improve, them lads could make progress at under 21 and then get called up in 2015. They'll have enough time to be playing senior afterwards

leitrimlad94 (Leitrim) - Posts: 156 - 18/07/2013 12:48:41    1435199

Link

its early for talkin about 2014 yet lets all relax untill next october and dont be to harsh on management theyre the only management to win silverware since john o mahony

nunu (Leitrim) - Posts: 81 - 18/07/2013 13:05:22    1435221

Link

I heard that Alan Rowley and Karl Mc Nabola from Annaduff will be call up to the country for 2014

Johncoyne15 (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 18/07/2013 14:28:37    1435295

Link

I 100% agree with unigaa and dodgy pass

Every club has a junior team

Apart from 2 that cannot field a second teamfor geographical reasons no fault of their own

A junior team builds a clubs senior team creating competition and players fight amongst themselves for a place on the senior panel

I know because im the leader of the pack when it comes to that fight

I would love to play county junior and show a few of the current senior passengers how it's done

The more you fight the more you encourage yourself you want. It's an inner hunger for success

Few aughawillan lads and allen geals lads worthy for county junior also

Im going on lads I marked or marked me

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 18/07/2013 17:40:42    1435449

Link