Leitrim Forum

Leitrim v Armagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

mossy will probably never play county again and to be honest is it any loss sure a player that cant commit to his county doesnt deserve the backing or support of the countys supporters

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 282 - 24/07/2013 17:43:06    1441435

Link

inthebag you may be right and Leitrim could have gotten hammered by mayo and whomever else.
However if that happened they would also have contested a Connaught Final and a last 12 game in Croker.

That is what its all about. Supporting your teams on the big occasion and for that you need your best players to get there.
This year was a massive chance for Leitrim to get further in the championship than I can remember and on the back of that maybe football in Leitrim were get a bit of a jump.

dstuction (Donegal) - Posts: 1208 - 24/07/2013 20:40:25    1441577

Link

Harleys ,i suppose that you back the managment ,even though barney broke every rule when he donned the county jersey .But with a smart manager in command he was not dropped but brought to forest park and ran the legs off him,it is a pity barney did not learn anything that was done to him if he had we would have contested a connaught final.And yes i dougt if any of the 4 lads will ever don a county jersey again,what a waste of talent you should be ashamed barney and george.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 24/07/2013 22:00:03    1441708

Link

I hear the two Dromahier lads have left the Leitrim team to go abroad,I assume for work!They wont be the last after this fiasco of a Championship,It will make up alot of minds that were thinking of going,best of luck lads.

The.HBK_15 (Leitrim) - Posts: 47 - 25/07/2013 11:21:54    1441868

Link

the beirnes are from eslin, an intermediate club that would be junior B without the 4 of them!
they shud join mohill carrick or kiltubrid and have a shot at a senior title, bring them on a bit cos i doubt they are too motivated to commit to eslin who are midtable in Div 3

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 184 - 25/07/2013 13:13:58    1442033

Link

@dstuction I agree with you that its all about supporting your team but whats the point in having the attitude of we'll be happy just being at the final, I don't think mr. jim mcguiness would like that thinking. If we got to the final we would all come away saying its been a great season and would have just be papering over the cracks. In my opinion, it would have done little for leitrim football as next year we'll have to play the likes of galway, roscommon and mayo just to reach a connacht final and will more than likely be knocked out again in our first game. I dont see the point in us reaching a final unless we have a chance of winning it, we should have more respect and bigger ambition then to just 'make up the numbers' on final day.

And just to add I was one of the few who paid to see us hockeyed by armagh and stayed right til the end, even when i knew what the outcome would be before the game. I will be there next year and support leitrim no matter what.

inthebag (Leitrim) - Posts: 90 - 25/07/2013 17:48:12    1442484

Link

Pride in ones jersey is a great faith to have

I too will be there simply for the love of my county and all the greats that it produced over the last century or more that got little or no recognition

I agree that getting to a final isn't good enough

Which Donegal player said finals were there to be won in the jimmy winning matches documentary

Every game is there to be won club or county

And remember your only as good as your last game

Maybe a defensive coaching outfit along with a new manager that has years of experience managing county teams will turn a corner

As Robert Lowe said himself an injection of new blood on the panel also

My personal player of the year for 2013 is a tie

Robert Lowe and Kevin conlon

2 players I enjoyed watching and would enjoy watching them again next summer

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 25/07/2013 18:47:39    1442542

Link