Leitrim Forum

Club Awards 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The biggest day for any Leirim minor footballer this year was the Championship game against Roscommon in Pairc Sean and Brendan Flynn was our best player by a country mile that day. Arguement over.

Dan_Toal (Leitrim) - Posts: 233 - 10/12/2012 15:13:02    1308635

Link

How can you say Benny Flynn didnt deserve minor of the year. He has been on County minors for past 2 years and started in both years, he Is a cert to be starting on the u21 team this year and would have been starting on the u21 team last year only he was too dedicated to the minors. If it wasn for him the score lines over the last 2 years would have been more laughable than they already are. people on here have no idea what they are talking about. Non of the previous 4 minor player of the years winners have won the club championship the year they won it, example shane quinn shane moran emmet mahon and sean mc weeney. so it obviously based on county performances. Enough said

mad4willies (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 10/12/2012 15:23:41    1308692

Link

Congrats to all winners.
Mulligan thoroughly deserved county player of the year. Outsanding in all games he played this year.

On another note fair play to drumkeerin. This award seems to be a token gesture every year, but for a club who have been absolutely decimated with emigration and am sure hard hit by the recession, it's great theyve so many people working hard at the club. Their pitch actually has improved and their new handball facility is excellent. Well done. Yes there are other better facilities in the county, ballinamore being one. But how much debt have the club brought on themselves.

Carrigallen recent development is excellent and i'm sure theyll get rewarded down the line too.

In my opinion O'Grady has been excellent from what i've seen all year. Had a very good county final. I hope the county board had a look at the performance of the Ref in the senior league final.

ball girl (Leitrim) - Posts: 194 - 11/12/2012 11:51:55    1309001

Link

I'm just after reading last message and I'm delighted with Emlyn Mulligan getting Senior player of the year. I thought that this year he stood out as Leitrim's best forward. Of course he was also 5th top scorer in the country, which is a fantastic achievement, for a Leitrim County player. It made allot of us proud when we saw Mulligan's picture in the program on All Ireland Semi Final day. Of course I won't forget the display he put on for Melvin Gaels, in the League final against Glencar Manor. Congratulations to Emlyn, and the Melvin Gaels club on this award. May we see allot more of the same next year.

scorpio (Leitrim) - Posts: 37 - 11/12/2012 17:06:25    1309169

Link

Thought enda williams should have got county player of the yea. He was new to the panel he had to adjust to the leitrim set up very quick and was our best player in the championship IMO. the rest of the awards were well deserved but maybe the full forward on the fenagh/ gorleightra minor team could have got that award. he was excellent in the 3 games i seen him. Well done to all the people who got awards doo

lugdrum (Leitrim) - Posts: 234 - 11/12/2012 17:11:12    1309174

Link