Leitrim Forum

Leitrim seniors 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The Leitrim managers, should take a good look, at the videos of any games that Leitrim were involved in this year, and they might see what they are missing. The backs are leaking to many scores, and goal chances. Look at Waterford, and London. Waterford could have had five goals, and London missed a sitter and hit the crossbar. So if they don't see that this back line has to be tightened up it will be a sad end for Leitrim. Alan Wynne,, Corner back and Gary Reynolds,Half back, should be starting. No insult to players but we have to be realistic, play with our heads and not our hearts. As for the forwards we need to change there also. Half forwards Cian Reynolds Emlyn Mulligan, Kevin Conlon. Full forward line Left James Clancy, Conor Beirne, and Ray Cox. London showed up all the weaknesses on this Leitrim team. I hope Brian Breen, and Gearge Dugdale, make positive changes for New York as we are going into the unknown here. There isn't much said about New York and we have to be wary and hopefully be in a Connacht semi final, in Pairc Sean

makemyday (Leitrim) - Posts: 46 - 08/04/2013 08:51:33    1362757

Link

@lugdrum
i am london based and am of the same opinion that london will put it up to sligo

they have another 3 or 4 that may be added to that panel yesterday i believe, if they are added i think might start, we were lucky to get out of ruislip last year and New York is a worry, we should have someone out there this weekend watching their championship games, they are being played earlier to get the "seanie johnston" rule players eligible, if we dont then we are going into the unknown

my fear is sligo are turned in london we win in new york and london turn us in pairc sean

going back to yesterday the win was all important, going to NY on the back of a loss to a worse rated team may have affected the mentality

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 08/04/2013 11:06:52    1362908

Link

We will beat new york and will beat them well. i hear alot of lads not committing because it is only 1 day of the year for them. but sligo football is on a bit of a downer they hung on by the skin of there teeth in div 3 getting some bad beatings along the way. London are fit and very strong around midfield and also on the breaks. they will have a full squad together and will give it 1 hell of a lash. Leitrim London connacht semi hopefully.

lugdrum (Leitrim) - Posts: 234 - 08/04/2013 14:00:24    1363114

Link

The managment was at fault for the poor performance yesterday,leaving out so many of the starting team.Yesterday we as supporters were expecting to see the team that would have started in new york ,and were treated to the most awful display of the year.There is a lot of talk of unrest in the camp,is there any truth in that.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 08/04/2013 14:08:13    1363128

Link

whos tlkin bout d unrest saintly? U shud nt b stirrin up trouble wit game cumin up! big panel all gt behind team n mangt never know wat d boys cud acheive if dey all buy n.

Piratehooker (Leitrim) - Posts: 196 - 08/04/2013 15:49:29    1363251

Link

Just heard it in carrick yesterday in the stand that barney and the players are not getting on ,and i did ask was it true so dont get hot under the collar.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 08/04/2013 16:06:46    1363274

Link

Why would they put out a full team? Sligo would have been watching both teams.

Hudhastings (Leitrim) - Posts: 87 - 08/04/2013 18:23:47    1363431

Link

Maybe to try and get a settled team,instead of switching and swapping like playing p brennan at no6 then no2 then no 12 and back to number 6 again how is he supposed to settle in any position.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 08/04/2013 21:07:45    1363605

Link

Easy on the eyes Eddie very easy on the eyes

Brazilian Cuban Native American with Irish grandparents on both sides

Keep an eye out on 5th Il be sitting in a cab introducing myself to American folk on the sidewalk

And then on to oniells bar for a few beers

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 09/04/2013 15:11:34    1364103

Link