Leitrim Forum

Tier 2 For Leitrim?

(Oldest Posts First)

At the recent opening of the centre of excellence the GAA president stated that being in a Tier 2 championship would benefit Leitrim as a chance to get to Croke Park to win a competition. in the same interview he stated Tyrone and Mayo had too many qualifiers games and this affected them.

So is this a genuine attempt to boost the fortunes of 'weaker' counties or to create an elite competition?

Thelonesomegoose (Leitrim) - Posts: 204 - 12/09/2019 09:46:35    2234654

Link

Replying To Thelonesomegoose:  "At the recent opening of the centre of excellence the GAA president stated that being in a Tier 2 championship would benefit Leitrim as a chance to get to Croke Park to win a competition. in the same interview he stated Tyrone and Mayo had too many qualifiers games and this affected them.

So is this a genuine attempt to boost the fortunes of 'weaker' counties or to create an elite competition?"
but why does he do this? Quite clear he is in favour of the Northern teams doing well in Munster and no need of it. He won't cod us with his codology. I'm on to him with his jig acting

bringbackthecorncrakewouldu (Leitrim) - Posts: 58 - 12/09/2019 10:36:19    2234669

Link

There will be just one team in the first tier by the looks of it thanks to the dominance of Dublin.

Halfdinnerandraspberrycheesecake (Leitrim) - Posts: 48 - 16/09/2019 08:57:39    2235924

Link

Mulligan would make you laugh with his interview on off the call. Players want more games he says! He left the panel 3 years in a row before all qualifiers were finished.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 57 - 18/09/2019 00:11:09    2236930

Link

What people make of our spokes person Mr Mulligan on off the ball? Players voted for tiered championship so why is is going on about players need to be asked about it?
Also comments about players wanting more games is a fair enough argument but he has left the panel at least 2 years in a row before it finished while missing out on games. He shouldn't be giving his opinion on it in my opinion

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 57 - 18/09/2019 13:08:34    2237091

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "What people make of our spokes person Mr Mulligan on off the ball? Players voted for tiered championship so why is is going on about players need to be asked about it?
Also comments about players wanting more games is a fair enough argument but he has left the panel at least 2 years in a row before it finished while missing out on games. He shouldn't be giving his opinion on it in my opinion"
He's the token weaker county go to guy these days for the likes of OTB.Why ? I don't know.

moesyzlack (USA) - Posts: 153 - 18/09/2019 19:35:40    2237297

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "Mulligan would make you laugh with his interview on off the call. Players want more games he says! He left the panel 3 years in a row before all qualifiers were finished."
A distinctly average county career has got him national prominence. Ya got to admire it in a way

Halfdinnerandraspberrycheesecake (Leitrim) - Posts: 48 - 18/09/2019 22:29:24    2237371

Link