Leitrim Forum

Division 1,2 And The Rest.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

They good news is it's back to the club scene again this weekend which I'm looking forward to, hard to beat it! Time to erase the Roscommon memories from the brain. I'll be attending Ballinamore and Aughawillian on Saturday evening it should be a battle royale

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 841 - 16/05/2019 10:45:56    2184511

Link

Eslin are continuing to roar in training so I'm looking forward to the weekend fixtures too

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 128 - 16/05/2019 11:27:02    2184532

Link

Why isn't there a full round of league fixtures this weekend?

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 27 - 18/05/2019 15:45:55    2185226

Link

Brilliant game between Ballinamore and Aughawillan. Ballinamore unlucky to not win the game. Concerning how the ref could only give yellows for head high challenges. I thought Croke Park said the should be red cards for them kinds of tackles?

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 841 - 18/05/2019 20:40:47    2185303

Link

Standard of refferee in the county is shocking bad. I think the county board should introduce a referee MOT that must be completed annually in order for the refs to officiate games, it should consist of the following; passing a basic eye test, hearing test, basic maths adding and subtracting, being able to see their own feet when they look down and passing a fitness test maybe complete a 5k run in 30 minutes is that to much to ask.

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 270 - 19/05/2019 13:57:00    2185486

Link

Replying To harleys:  "Standard of refferee in the county is shocking bad. I think the county board should introduce a referee MOT that must be completed annually in order for the refs to officiate games, it should consist of the following; passing a basic eye test, hearing test, basic maths adding and subtracting, being able to see their own feet when they look down and passing a fitness test maybe complete a 5k run in 30 minutes is that to much to ask."
Fully agree with this and any referee who fails should be immediately struck off the list. We have to get better referees and the only way to do this is get rid of any one not up to the standard that we here on HS approve of. If we had a scarcity of referees or lads willing to put their names forward then fair enough but with the abundance of quality young referees and new recruits there is no excuse.

Castelfore (Leitrim) - Posts: 48 - 19/05/2019 22:49:24    2185688

Link

I actually think the standard is a little better now than it was in years gone bye. All games went as predicted I'd have thought this weekend. Wins for manor and Melvin Geals. While SOH and the willies was always going to be a closer hard fought incounter. In Div 2 Drumkeerin had a good win over glera. Drumkeerin are hitting big scores in games something they would not be renowned for. Drumreilly had a very good in the top of the table game v D,haire. Cloone don't seem to be going to well have they lost a few players?

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 120 - 20/05/2019 01:14:45    2185722

Link

At this stage you would have to say next year Div 1 will look like this;
Sean O Heslin's
Mohill
Melvin Gaels
Glencar/Manor
St Mary's
Aughawillan
St Caillins
Annaduff

Div 2
Leitrim Gaels
Allen Gaels
Aughnasheelin
Gortletteragh
Drumkeerin
Drumreilly
Dromahair
Ballinaglera

Div 3
Eslin
Kiltubrid
Cloone
Carrigallen
Aughavas
Bornacoola
Glenfarne/Kilty
Mohill/ Manor/ st Marys/ Sean O Heslin's second team.

This looks like it's shaping up to have very competitive leagues, 7 games which means league should be completed before championship begins.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 855 - 20/05/2019 09:35:41    2185759

Link

Carberys from Longford must have left Cloone they where great players. One of them was involved with Leitrim for the FBD league around two years ago. I see where Mooney from Down saw red for a head high tackle yesterday. I disagree I think the standard of the refs in the county is awful

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 841 - 20/05/2019 09:49:09    2185767

Link

Replying To Villatown:  "Brilliant game between Ballinamore and Aughawillan. Ballinamore unlucky to not win the game. Concerning how the ref could only give yellows for head high challenges. I thought Croke Park said the should be red cards for them kinds of tackles?"
Am i correct in believing Patrick Guickan was the ref here on Saturday? If so i find your statement hard to believe. He was in charge of the county final last year and did an excellent job. Ive seen him in a number of other club games and i would honestly say he is one of the best refs in the county at the moment

index777 (Leitrim) - Posts: 28 - 20/05/2019 13:57:23    2185915

Link