Leitrim Forum

Coaching Crisis

(Oldest Posts First)

It's a crying shame last night to learn of James Glancy's departure as county coaching officer after less than 2 years in the role. In those 2 years he brought a new found enthusiasm to the county and stoked up the appetites of coaches to learn more. His dealings with our club were of great value and we will miss him badly. If as I suspect that a more intune and ambitious county board were assisting him instead of constantly calling rank and putting obstacles in his way, I am certain James would not have walked away from trying to change the county he loves and played for with such distinction. When is enough "Enough"???

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 861 - 21/03/2018 15:08:55    2086645

Link

Lot of conjecture there Banana

From reading of press release, he has taken up a role with the Co. Council and Fire Service.

Presumably has guaranteed tenure and a pension.

I'm pretty sure Co. Board will keep him involved and in possibly a consultancy role, he has great contact and connections across the GAA world.

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 314 - 26/03/2018 12:14:11    2088229

Link

Replying To Dodgy_Pass:  "Lot of conjecture there Banana

From reading of press release, he has taken up a role with the Co. Council and Fire Service.

Presumably has guaranteed tenure and a pension.

I'm pretty sure Co. Board will keep him involved and in possibly a consultancy role, he has great contact and connections across the GAA world."
If only Dodgy Pass.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 861 - 26/03/2018 12:26:57    2088241

Link

The county board hasn't covered itself in girly in many situations in the last few years but what i'm hearing about this is barely believable. James Glancy was arguably the greatest asset belonging to the county board and being constantly sought by Dublin clubs yet he stuck loyal to Leitrim and now it has ended like this. Don't believe for a second that a job in the Fire service is more attractive to James than a role he has spent the last 10 years working towards in both Leitrim and Dublin.

Leitrim1234 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 26/03/2018 13:31:42    2088268

Link

You said, "The county board hasn't covered itself in girly". You wrote that wrong!

The word you should have used was "girlies". You have to use the plural in situations like that.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 512 - 01/04/2018 17:34:36    2089988

Link