Kildare Forum

Kildare Minors

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To BulkyBarrow:  "is anyone else heading to the hill for the minor match tomorrow? im going to be belting out chants behind the goal with snake ridden white flag!"
Good man BulkyBarrow. Won't be able to make it myself. Hopefully your flag will be flying proudly around 2.45 tomorrow afternoon.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2960 - 27/08/2016 19:38:25    1906723

Link

What the hell happened lads?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 29/08/2016 10:19:08    1907378

Link

Beaten out the gate by a far superior team Ziggy.

I know it's hard to judge what might happen in the future with minors but we will see a fair few of these Kerry boys go on to greatness.

Shaw and Clifford were unreal.

We looked flat footed, wide open and devoid of any ideas in the second half. I think that's just a knock on affect of playing such a good team.

It's a harsh lesson for lads to learn but as long as they learn from it all is not lost.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 3683 - 29/08/2016 10:45:25    1907408

Link

Mgmt were a shambles yesterday. stood idly by and watch us get hammered at midfield.
as for his comments about us not having a winning tradition, is he seriously pinning the loss on a lack of tradition??

good luck brendan, we wont be having u back

11jm11 (Kildare) - Posts: 330 - 29/08/2016 13:48:23    1907578

Link

Replying To 11jm11:  "Mgmt were a shambles yesterday. stood idly by and watch us get hammered at midfield.
as for his comments about us not having a winning tradition, is he seriously pinning the loss on a lack of tradition??

good luck brendan, we wont be having u back"
Look ,

There were made mistakes made yesterday but that Kerry team were unreal.

I'd agree maybe a change would be good at this stage but don't forget that he delivered another Leinster.

I hope as well as the management that the players will learn from this also. We have a habit in Kildare of molly coddling lads until there in their late 20's.

daytona11 (Kildare) - Posts: 3683 - 30/08/2016 12:06:59    1908025

Link

Replying To 11jm11:  "Mgmt were a shambles yesterday. stood idly by and watch us get hammered at midfield.

good luck brendan, we wont be having u back"
Yes, we were beaten by a better team and I agree with the earlier points about the management not changing the kick-out strategy or mid-field dynamic especially in winning breaking ball but Brendan Hackett does have a point about tradition, Kildare are not strong in schools or colleges, and when I mean strong I'm putting us up against Kerry's impressive honours list for St. Brendan's, Colaiste Na Sceilge, Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne & Killorglin in the Hogan Cup and previously for Caherciveen, Rathmore, Causeway & Tralee schools in the V.E.C. Cups.
Success breeds success, better coaching, better game management, understanding the mental challenges, and passing on this information to the next generation, tradition can be built up.
In a positive way Brendan Hackett is part of the process of building a winning tradition in Kildare. In order to break the Dublin stranglehold in Leinster it needs to be broken at underage, minor, U21 and ultimately senior levels. I'm disappointed about the game but I feel that Brendan Hackett should stay and that the hard knocks be absorbed and learned, the skills and players are in Kildare, but more coaching is require in game management and mental strength.

AnFearBan (Kildare) - Posts: 30 - 30/08/2016 12:42:56    1908047

Link

That is an exceptional Kerry side and they will be a force at senior level in another 5 years. By contrast it was an ordinary Kildare side apart from a few of the forwards and certainly nowhere as good as last years side. They did well to win Leinster but were never going to reach the level required to win an AI. Hopefully some of them will progress to senior level and continue to improve.

murof (Kildare) - Posts: 480 - 30/08/2016 14:24:10    1908121

Link

Replying To murof:  "That is an exceptional Kerry side and they will be a force at senior level in another 5 years. By contrast it was an ordinary Kildare side apart from a few of the forwards and certainly nowhere as good as last years side. They did well to win Leinster but were never going to reach the level required to win an AI. Hopefully some of them will progress to senior level and continue to improve."
to be honest, watchin that kerry team play was beautiful, thought kildare would lose alright, but not in that manner, main thing know is to hang on to players and bring as many as posible through, thats our problem at senior at the moment

GERTEY (Kildare) - Posts: 6 - 01/09/2016 13:40:17    1909124

Link

Replying To GERTEY:  "to be honest, watchin that kerry team play was beautiful, thought kildare would lose alright, but not in that manner, main thing know is to hang on to players and bring as many as posible through, thats our problem at senior at the moment"
That Leinster medal will feel very hollow and light given the capitulation versus Kerry .And so it should do.The future isnt so bright. The question is , what is going to be done to address the deficiencies in our younger footballers.? I am not seeing any new ideas or innovation.I am involved with under age club players. The standard and technical ability of our underage squads is poor. An inability or willingness to focus on the kick pass is an ovbious one .

dubya (Kildare) - Posts: 423 - 01/09/2016 21:48:34    1909321

Link

I would have thought that the minors were very much a kicking team this year and I don't think we're that used to winning things that a Leinster title can be ignored. Certainly as a county we need to improve our skill levels but that's everyone's responsibility

lillyboy (Kildare) - Posts: 424 - 05/09/2016 10:00:09    1910091

Link

whos going to be manager next year?

thehoops (Kildare) - Posts: 68 - 20/10/2016 10:32:45    1927791

Link

Replying To thehoops:  "whos going to be manager next year?"
Gay Campbell

beir_bua (Kildare) - Posts: 743 - 03/11/2016 11:08:48    1931139

Link

Replying To beir_bua:  "Gay Campbell"
I think this is the same team that won the leinster league versus Dublin a little while back .Looked like a very handy side at u 17 but as minors ,the winning mentality and belief has been missing at the business end of things in recent years.Too many lads being talked or hyped up.

dubya (Kildare) - Posts: 423 - 03/11/2016 16:12:19    1931253

Link

Great win by the minors today. Didn't look good after 20 minutes with Laois dominating and 7 points up. Kildare kept chipping away though and only allowing laois 3 more points for the rest of the game. A lot of work to do though because there was a loy of sloppy passing and a high numbrt of wides. Great to see the fight in them after conceding the 2 quick goals. Midfielder Carey off injured in the first half with what looked like a bad ankle injury, cant see him back for the next one.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1589 - 20/05/2017 18:01:39    1988594

Link

Good win for the minors today. Was really impressed by their work rate and tackling holding Wexford to 7 points, all from frees. Although Wexford were down yo 14 after 20 minutes Kildare were well on top from the very start.

Missed a load of goal attempts though, including a penalty.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1589 - 07/05/2018 16:24:22    2097107

Link

Another good win by the minors wednesday evening in Newbridge. Really like the direct football these guys play, great to watch. Think Tom Browne is a serious talent. Thought he had a quieter game than previous 2 yet scored 2 goals and influential in a lot of scores.
Didn't get to Tullamore yesterday but a really good win for the u20's too. Still a lot to look forward to.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1589 - 30/06/2018 12:26:27    2116843

Link

Hard luck to the minors today, worst I''ve seen them all year but that is a very good Meath team. Hopefully bounce back the next day.

Anyone kniw what the story is with Tom Browne? Hasn't played last 2 or 3 games and not listed today. Missed big time today.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1589 - 21/07/2018 16:59:23    2124306

Link