Galway Forum

New York New York

(Oldest Posts First)

Right lads......plenty of negativity on the other topics, lets keep this one positive!!

We're off to New York for the May Bank Holiday. Long way off yet but I'm guessing some of ye have flights booked etc.

What part of the city are people staying? Does it matter? Is there any talk of official functions being held? I was in the Claddagh Ring for the London game........ not exactly black tie but great craic! I'm guessing the black tie stuff will be for the lads with more money the sense, hopefully there will be a few other things arranged for the travelling support. It will probably be left up to the Tribesmen.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1024 - 15/10/2019 08:42:32    2243598

Link

Just booked my flights Aer Lingus are great value at the moment.
Only thing I'm actually worried about is tickets after seeing the Mayo situation last year anyone have an idea what the story is with them.

mclovin88 (Galway) - Posts: 18 - 24/10/2019 12:52:27    2245434

Link

Would be great if we could get a manager for this team John Joe will be calling the shots abroad in NY at this rate.

RicoSuave (Galway) - Posts: 14 - 24/10/2019 16:08:36    2245508

Link

Replying To mclovin88:  "Just booked my flights Aer Lingus are great value at the moment.
Only thing I'm actually worried about is tickets after seeing the Mayo situation last year anyone have an idea what the story is with them."
There wont be a bother

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 311 - 24/10/2019 21:37:54    2245582

Link

Replying To mclovin88:  "Just booked my flights Aer Lingus are great value at the moment.
Only thing I'm actually worried about is tickets after seeing the Mayo situation last year anyone have an idea what the story is with them."
There has never been an issue with getting tickets for the matches. Just show up to the park on the day,
Give yourself time to get in, so show up a bit early as seats fill up quick.

NorthKerryMan (USA) - Posts: 10 - 25/10/2019 13:13:40    2245695

Link

Iv been to 3 galway vs new york games, get there early as previous poster said. Good craic on the trip. Heart in the mouth stuff when Joe kernan in charge as new york would have won if they held their discipline. They finished with 13 players and galway managed to sneek it. Managment blamed the fact that they had to b part of a fund raiser dinner on a boat on manhatten river for hours on the previous Friday as one of the excuses. Players wanted to go back to hotel but the sponsors wouldn't budge. Tough on players as everyone wants a bit of ya and at same time u have a championship game to play. Suits make the calls whick is wrong. Post match meal for both teams is burgers and beer!!

jj19 (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 25/10/2019 13:59:18    2245720

Link

Replying To jj19:  "Iv been to 3 galway vs new york games, get there early as previous poster said. Good craic on the trip. Heart in the mouth stuff when Joe kernan in charge as new york would have won if they held their discipline. They finished with 13 players and galway managed to sneek it. Managment blamed the fact that they had to b part of a fund raiser dinner on a boat on manhatten river for hours on the previous Friday as one of the excuses. Players wanted to go back to hotel but the sponsors wouldn't budge. Tough on players as everyone wants a bit of ya and at same time u have a championship game to play. Suits make the calls whick is wrong. Post match meal for both teams is burgers and beer!!"
Sure look we'll have a bit of crack anyway. I can't wait to be honest.

mclovin88 (Galway) - Posts: 18 - 25/10/2019 14:20:12    2245733

Link