Galway Forum

New Galway Football Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To nohandpass:  "I would be more worried if he wasn't winning sigerson with that panal."
DCU have been outspending UCD (and every other college) on Gaelic Football scholarships for well over a decade. Should they not be the ones winning every year? Or should JD get no credit for outperforming them?

PressureKick (UK) - Posts: 89 - 16/10/2019 13:14:12    2243920

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "I'm a little surprised that Joyce has got the senior County job so soon. What club management had he before this year's U20s gig? We never gave the senior job to Nigel Dineen who led us to 2 U21 connacht titles in three years plus won us 2 AI semi finals and after doing a number of years of managing club teams here in Roscommon he's now joined up with Sligos senior management for 2020.

Kevin Walsh has left Galway in a good place for the new man to take over. An establish div 1 team with a panel of players that has already won connacht a few times and had the experience of reaching AIl semi final."
Its not that surprising when he was only up against one man in Liam Kearns.

JDF (Galway) - Posts: 322 - 16/10/2019 14:04:18    2243932

Link

Replying To The_analyser:  "I'm a little surprised that Joyce has got the senior County job so soon. What club management had he before this year's U20s gig? We never gave the senior job to Nigel Dineen who led us to 2 U21 connacht titles in three years plus won us 2 AI semi finals and after doing a number of years of managing club teams here in Roscommon he's now joined up with Sligos senior management for 2020.

Kevin Walsh has left Galway in a good place for the new man to take over. An establish div 1 team with a panel of players that has already won connacht a few times and had the experience of reaching AIl semi final."
The hurlers who would most people would think have a great chance at inning an AI can't find a manager. We are extremely lucky we had 2 candidates

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 977 - 16/10/2019 14:20:04    2243936

Link

Replying To PressureKick:  "DCU have been outspending UCD (and every other college) on Gaelic Football scholarships for well over a decade. Should they not be the ones winning every year? Or should JD get no credit for outperforming them?"
Give him the credit.
He lost a final to The Ranch(200 Male students), I'd give more credit to Paddy Tally on that one.

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 304 - 16/10/2019 21:51:07    2243991

Link