Galway Forum

Galway Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Triffic:  "Anyone know where to see these fixtures? They're not finalised yet I imagine?"
Try the national league thread 2020. Hurling dates and times not out yet.

EDH (Galway) - Posts: 328 - 03/10/2019 19:09:12    2241214

Link

yeah to be fair venues and times arent finalised until much closer to the fixture- we wait and see. either way i feel the league campaign needs to be used for the new manager to set HIS ideas up and communicate them to the players. as well as finding a couple of new players to add to the team and panel

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 539 - 05/10/2019 11:30:44    2241476

Link

so we finally have our ticket!!! the discussion for 2020 can ow start in earnest
for my view he needs to get a gk and stick with him- my choice bernie
a freetaker who is consistent and stick with hime- my choice rob finnerty
a method of play that is adaptable- i feel the kerry model would work with our players and would have a nice balance between attack and defence
sort out the injury situation
unearth some players esp defenders!
goodluck to PJ and the team

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 539 - 11/10/2019 19:11:39    2242875

Link

Now that we have new manager In place be interesting 2 get predictions for year ahead
1) National League
2 ) Connacht Championship
3 ) All Ireland serious
Be great if some of the many posters on here could give there predictions and no matter what people predict no one should run them down it's all opinion based ,,

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 337 - 11/10/2019 20:03:17    2242885

Link

Replying To Kickitout:  "Now that we have new manager In place be interesting 2 get predictions for year ahead
1) National League
2 ) Connacht Championship
3 ) All Ireland serious
Be great if some of the many posters on here could give there predictions and no matter what people predict no one should run them down it's all opinion based ,,"
good idea i will get you started
national league with a new management team and system as well as likely a lot of new players i can see a slow start but hopefully comfortable in mid table with players chomping at the bit to impress pj

connacht championship with an easier route to a connacht final i fANCY a galway win against mayo with an amount of redemption for last year being the order of the day

all ireland series make the last four and who knows but in his forst year might be a lot to expect an all ireland win but dont rule it out!!!!!

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 539 - 11/10/2019 20:17:56    2242890

Link

Who are the breakout players for this year???

Will Mulkerrin make the jump? Anyone else?

What about some of last years new boys, will there be much improvement for the second season? I'm think the likes of the O'Laoi's should come on a lot. John Daly should get better.

Any club player that could make the leap? We could do with some corner backs IMO

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1003 - 17/10/2019 14:00:18    2244072

Link

Matthew Tierney will have to get a run after his club performances.
From Corofin I think Leonard and Wall will get a look if they have the interest, I think we will see molloy start more games also.
After that, McFadden from Salthill dare I say it expect a couple of Killererin and Milltown lads to get a chance in the FBD.

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 304 - 18/10/2019 08:43:06    2244173

Link