National Forum

Popular Posts from jimbodub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 7 Like(s)

Replying To extranjero:  "I just read Joe's article. Particularly loved this bit.... "My father, a veteran republican, fluent Irish speaker and traditional musician steeped in all things Gaelic quipped to me during the week, " Don't be too hard on the southerners Joe, some of them are almost as Irish as we are." " You've just gotta love anyone who co-opts specific aspects of a culture to infer their superiority over others, eh?"
Very well said. It's the same way the loyalists carry on up there.. They try so hard to be British. Ultra British!! Banging drums and marching about the place.. Look at me! Look at me! It's a very similar thing the other way around. There's many a super-duper Irishman up north and they make sure to let us know how great they are.. Look at me! I'm ohh so Irish... Well done you think you're more Irish.. I couldn't care less. I don't particularly think it's anything to be proud of.. Personally I don't like nationalism. It's an enclosed world and I grew out of that nonsense many moons ago. It just doesn't make sense. It's a big world and there's many aspects of other cultures that are superior to our own.

jimbodub (National) - 17/06/2018 14:44:10

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 7 Like(s)
It's not on. Simple as that. But sure Ulsterman has called southern posters "free staters" on here in the past Many a time have I seen Ulster posters / country posters call their Dublin counter parts West Brits and Jackeens etc which always struck me as particularly strange especially coming from Ulster posters. It's the same discriminatory language used and for the same reasons. To insinuate that we're somehow lesser. Dublin posters call country posters culchies/mullahs/muckers Plenty of it gets floated about

jimbodub (National) - 15/06/2018 11:14:35

The quiet time - 7 Like(s)
Gone are the heated arguments and mud slinging for another year, gone is the outrage and bluster.. There was some right belters this year it has to be said Even during the league.. some right belters HS is at it best when we're going tooth and nail and getting stuck in Until it all starts again Have a good one and winter well "How do you like them apples" Up The Dubs

jimbodub (National) - 12/10/2017 22:45:32

Connolly interfering with match official - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Ciarrai Abu:  "It's almost laughable Dublin 'so called GAA fans' on here already looking for loopholes to get the guilty party off ....... he'll get what he rightfully deserves this afternoon! Broke the rules, must serve his punishment!"
Yeah I heard Connolly goggled if he was allowed to touch a linesman but nothing came up about it so he said.. ah sure feck it! He has nothing to answer for if you ask me!

jimbodub (National) - 06/06/2017 10:27:58

The 4 in a row - 7 Like(s)
Who can stop Dublin.. Dublin have already achieved a 3 in a row at a time when the game has never been at such a high level of performance Who can stop them achieving 4 on the bounce Another bunch of young lads to be introduced into the O'Byrne cup and league ROC might be back? Paddy Small shooting the lights out for Kickhams - this fella is very close to Con Numerous options from the Dublin U21 AI Champs to introduce, already established young lads blooded in 2017 with success but now carrying the ultimate experience And more than enough years and game time left in the older lads, look at how brilliantly Gavin handled his squad across 2017 Time to launch a very young and talented Dubs O'Byrne Cup and NFL Div 1 squads and carry the best into the championship panel With the players coming through I feel very confident of coming very close once again next year and there will be new and exciting options available. Mayo - still won't have the forwards, Kerry still won't have the defenders and Tyrone are just not a good enough team and especially with Sean gone If Gavin handles his business with such a high degree of excellence across early 2018 as he did in 2017 The 4 in a row is on. It's very much on indeed. Up the Dubs

jimbodub (National) - 07/10/2017 20:49:17

GAA Athletes For A NO Vote - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Whammo86:  "I posted on this last night and it didn't get through. It's disgraceful. No one should be using the GAA title in the name of political lobbying. I find it pretty appalling that a coaching camp was run as a promotional event for this also."
They have some neck thinking they could use "GAA" as if was their own!

jimbodub (National) - 22/04/2018 14:06:50

Congratulations To Limerick - 7 Like(s)
Marvelously joyous scenes today. A truly great Irish sporting moment. A historic day for Limerick GAA and all their fans and again what fantastic scenes at the end of the game. Caps off what was probably one of the greatest Hurling Championships of all time. Hope it's a great week in Limerick city and beyond.. enjoy! It's going to be some homecoming!!

jimbodub (National) - 19/08/2018 20:36:55

''AI Winners weren't playing Today'' - 7 Like(s)
Insert face in palm.

jimbodub (National) - 31/07/2017 15:54:58

Fair Play Tomás O'Sé - 7 Like(s)
I wonder if he'd be as vocal if it was a number of Mayo/Dublin young lads heading off? Many counties have lost talent to other sports, soccer, rugby etc. but it's never made much noise and its accepted, if a young man wants to play a professional sport because he has the talent to do so then he should do it! Why is it different when it comes to the AFL? Kerry lads just can't look beyond their own nose down there and then use their favourable media positions to go whinging. Build a bridge lads. We've all lost major prospects to professional sports.

jimbodub (National) - 20/05/2017 19:02:23

You know your old when......(HS Edition!) - 6 Like(s)
You remember when Liam used to start good threads.

jimbodub (National) - 15/07/2016 16:40:01

How Many Points Is Home Advantage Worth? - 6 Like(s)
Just wondering... Any studies available for the 2018 Munster Final yet?

jimbodub (National) - 12/07/2018 17:00:29

Kerry v Mayo - 6 Like(s)
The usual dishonesty reigns from the Kerry support The most dishonest sporting people in Ireland by quite a distance Despite all their success... still have to play the poor mouth! Kerry by 8..

jimbodub (National) - 08/08/2017 12:54:07

Longest Unbeaten Run In Championship History? - 6 Like(s)
There are some wise heads on this site regarding historical GAA stats. In my limited capacity on that front I have the following stat down as the greatest unbeaten run in Championship history: Wexford 1915-1918 = 20 Championship games unbeaten Now I could be wrong there. If I am fair enough! But if I'm not wrong.. Then I'm somewhat sure that Dublin from 2015-2018 exactly 100 years later.. have now beaten the previous record held by Wexford. Including drawn games I think Dublin now stands at 24 games unbeaten across the Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong.. I've done zero research.

jimbodub (National) - 16/07/2018 21:38:26

FAO Kerry, Mayo, Dublin + Tyrone fans - 6 Like(s)

Replying To yew_tree:  "Tyrone for a change I suppose but my interest goes out the window whenever Mayo go out. Wayno and Jimbo....honest question...why would ye not like to see Mayo finally get over the line?"
I don't like a number of your current panel and don't want to see them win. Sorry, bluntly honest there.

jimbodub (National) - 08/08/2017 13:44:10

GAA Athletes For A NO Vote - 6 Like(s)
Separate Church from State No issue what you want to do on a Sunday But in no way should your church be making social policies with its sickening track record

jimbodub (National) - 24/04/2018 19:47:35

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 5 Like(s)

Replying To browncows:  "No need to go back to the ice-age, a good understanding of the recent history of our island would be a good starting point and judging by some of your comments your may be gone past being educated on the said topic."
What recent events? Brexit border issues? The troubles? There was a peace agreement signed in 1998. There's has been vast improvements since, Our Taoiseach was up with the Orange Order last week. Things aren't perfect, it's a work in progress but again vastly improved. There was a recent poll suggesting that among young people the desire for a United Ireland is gaining popularity. This is progression. Focusing on the past is not going to bring on the peace process and enhance relations. I want to see an United Ireland but it won't be brought about by hard line Nationalism. Listen I've nothing but respect for the people up north and I have family on both sides of that particular divide. But what Ulsterman is suggesting here is very much up for debate and the chap has had an agenda on here for years. I've been directly called West Brit/jackeen/freestater/from the pale by Ulster/ country posters on this site I've never said anything on that level to an Ulster poster. There's plenty of discrimination bounded about and especially for Ulsterman given his own comments over the years to be bemoaning such is a bit rich.

jimbodub (National) - 19/06/2018 12:40:47

Congratulations To Limerick - 5 Like(s)

Replying To skillet:  "Thank you Jim Bob. I'm going to see Limerick play for years but never saw an all ireland win. Have had some terrible days following the hurlers. Today is indescribable. So happy it's unreal. Real bucket list moment"
I know exactly how you're feeling! Feel about 5 stone lighter right? You can let go of all those bad days now.. Enjoy your night and enjoy revisiting the footage on YouTube over and over again

jimbodub (National) - 19/08/2018 21:24:57

Changes to the forum - 5 Like(s)
Haha 6 thumbs down.. This is a game changer!

jimbodub (National) - 22/05/2016 21:54:19

The Dubs Propaganda Machine - 5 Like(s)
Another Dublin thread started on the main page...

Alright lads seriously

It's getting a bit embarrassing

jimbodub (National) - 19/07/2017 21:45:28

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Hoganstand have allowed this to be turned into an anti Northern rant. Shame on you!"
... ahh here Don't you have tin-whistle lessons to get to..

jimbodub (National) - 18/06/2018 19:19:46