National Forum

Popular Posts from jimbodub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

The quiet time - 7 Like(s)
Gone are the heated arguments and mud slinging for another year, gone is the outrage and bluster.. There was some right belters this year it has to be said Even during the league.. some right belters HS is at it best when we're going tooth and nail and getting stuck in Until it all starts again Have a good one and winter well "How do you like them apples" Up The Dubs

jimbodub (National) - 12/10/2017 22:45:32

The 4 in a row - 7 Like(s)
Who can stop Dublin.. Dublin have already achieved a 3 in a row at a time when the game has never been at such a high level of performance Who can stop them achieving 4 on the bounce Another bunch of young lads to be introduced into the O'Byrne cup and league ROC might be back? Paddy Small shooting the lights out for Kickhams - this fella is very close to Con Numerous options from the Dublin U21 AI Champs to introduce, already established young lads blooded in 2017 with success but now carrying the ultimate experience And more than enough years and game time left in the older lads, look at how brilliantly Gavin handled his squad across 2017 Time to launch a very young and talented Dubs O'Byrne Cup and NFL Div 1 squads and carry the best into the championship panel With the players coming through I feel very confident of coming very close once again next year and there will be new and exciting options available. Mayo - still won't have the forwards, Kerry still won't have the defenders and Tyrone are just not a good enough team and especially with Sean gone If Gavin handles his business with such a high degree of excellence across early 2018 as he did in 2017 The 4 in a row is on. It's very much on indeed. Up the Dubs

jimbodub (National) - 07/10/2017 20:49:17

''AI Winners weren't playing Today'' - 7 Like(s)
Insert face in palm.

jimbodub (National) - 31/07/2017 15:54:58

Fair Play Tomás O'Sé - 7 Like(s)
I wonder if he'd be as vocal if it was a number of Mayo/Dublin young lads heading off? Many counties have lost talent to other sports, soccer, rugby etc. but it's never made much noise and its accepted, if a young man wants to play a professional sport because he has the talent to do so then he should do it! Why is it different when it comes to the AFL? Kerry lads just can't look beyond their own nose down there and then use their favourable media positions to go whinging. Build a bridge lads. We've all lost major prospects to professional sports.

jimbodub (National) - 20/05/2017 19:02:23

You know your old when......(HS Edition!) - 6 Like(s)
You remember when Liam used to start good threads.

jimbodub (National) - 15/07/2016 16:40:01

Kerry v Mayo - 6 Like(s)
The usual dishonesty reigns from the Kerry support The most dishonest sporting people in Ireland by quite a distance Despite all their success... still have to play the poor mouth! Kerry by 8..

jimbodub (National) - 08/08/2017 12:54:07

Connolly interfering with match official - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Ciarrai Abu:  "It's almost laughable Dublin 'so called GAA fans' on here already looking for loopholes to get the guilty party off ....... he'll get what he rightfully deserves this afternoon! Broke the rules, must serve his punishment!"
Yeah I heard Connolly goggled if he was allowed to touch a linesman but nothing came up about it so he said.. ah sure feck it! He has nothing to answer for if you ask me!

jimbodub (National) - 06/06/2017 10:27:58

FAO Kerry, Mayo, Dublin + Tyrone fans - 6 Like(s)

Replying To yew_tree:  "Tyrone for a change I suppose but my interest goes out the window whenever Mayo go out. Wayno and Jimbo....honest question...why would ye not like to see Mayo finally get over the line?"
I don't like a number of your current panel and don't want to see them win. Sorry, bluntly honest there.

jimbodub (National) - 08/08/2017 13:44:10

Changes to the forum - 5 Like(s)
Haha 6 thumbs down.. This is a game changer!

jimbodub (National) - 22/05/2016 21:54:19

Kerry v Mayo - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "We have you rattled Jim :-)"
Yeah and dinner makes you a more dangerous driver... Whatever you dishonest bunch say... :) You're an embarrassment to real GAA people. Clap clap clap.. well done. :)

jimbodub (National) - 08/08/2017 16:30:59

Dublin or Mayo - In ONE word - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Llaw_Gyffes:  "Dead right. Deserve has nothing to do with it. If we can get our population up to about the two million, have lots and lots of dosh to play around with and get to play all our games at home we might give it a good shot. Until then I'm afraid we're just making up the numbers. Dublin by as much as they want!"
You spent more than Dublin last year and won nothing.

jimbodub (National) - 28/08/2017 20:58:28

Dublin bullying of media... - 5 Like(s)
Another Dublin related thread started by a culchie Seriously what would you do without us?

jimbodub (National) - 02/07/2017 19:04:13

Lee Keegan throwing GPS at Rock? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To MesAmis:  "I have looked at the free again and see very little in it. I can't see anything being thrown in anyways. They're trying to put him off but it doesn't look much different to a lot of other frees in that sense. If he did I kinda admire him for it. It's fairly good, quick thinking in anyways!"
Clear photos on google images of tracker being thrown I know you've a hard on for Mayo Mes and fair enough on that, they are a great team but... you admire him for it? Talking through yer hoop chief or are you just having a laugh? Would you admire him if Deans focus was impacted enough for him to miss it?

jimbodub (National) - 18/09/2017 11:07:10

Tomas O Se - the King of Yerra - 5 Like(s)
Classic Kerry stuff Using their privileged media positions to peddle their pro Kerry agenda Talking up teams, down playing their own, going after rival players, rival styles of play.. all in their own interests Have been doing it for years

jimbodub (National) - 02/07/2017 20:51:51

Joe Mc Quillan for football final - 5 Like(s)
He had his good name severely questioned in the media by James Horan back in 2012 and was shamefully targeed for years on social media since 2011 He's had some very questionable performances since all off the back of all that negative attention

jimbodub (National) - 04/09/2017 21:41:47

Petition: To get Dan Shanahan to turn his cap - 5 Like(s)
Petition: To get Dan Shanahan to turn his cap around properly It's just getting awkward at this stage, it's not 1997 anymore Dan I feel that the only appropriate course of action is to intervene on his behalf, it's for his own good. This level of absolute uncoolness must stop

jimbodub (National) - 09/08/2016 15:33:24

The quiet time - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Westfester:  "You might have to explain what a club is!!!!"
Semi-final of the Dublin championship thanks very much on the 14th Oct!! with every chance of going all the way this year Although I'm not an active member anymore, it'll always be my club and I still and always will support them when I can.. more going on than hanging around the club all week long I just mean the inter county banter as for all the club chest sticking out antics there's never much made of the championships on here, certainly compared to the leagues and IC Championships.

jimbodub (National) - 13/10/2017 13:31:31

Joe Mc Quillan for football final - 5 Like(s)

Replying To moc.dna:  "A massive advantage to Dublin as they know how he whistles a game. Hard to see how they could have given it to him based on previous stories. No surprise in the appointment though."
Awww Look at moc.dna trying so hard to be noticed Bless

jimbodub (National) - 07/09/2017 12:38:06

Anyone but Dublin or Kerry - 5 Like(s)

Replying To GaaGaa78:  "Some are embarrassed about it? Can you please name these players because I've never seen/heard any Dublin player mention being embarrassed of their country roots. The Brogans are very proud of theirs, as is Cian O'Sullivan."
Baire We live on a small island with a small population If you want to talk about genealogy it might get a little awkward... I'm sure there are plenty of country players with Dublin blood We just don't care about it very much and don't feel the need to point these things out Country people love to though I mean if Galway people just bred with Galway people you'd all be related by now... Such a senseless thing to talk about.. once you're born in Dublin you're a Dub. It doesn't matter if your parents were born a couple of hours drive away. Born in Dublin. Live in Dublin. Educated in Dublin. Play for a Dublin club. Play for Dublin. There's no such thing as pure blood and given the size of our population thank feck for it!!!

jimbodub (National) - 24/07/2017 13:51:46

Selective condemnation - 5 Like(s)
Mayo player intentionally strikes an Armagh player in the genitals with the butt of his hurl.. A cowardly pox of an act Not a peep MDMc after a bit of a tangle gets a full force left hook to the nose, in fact looks like he broke his nose Not a peep If a Tyrone or Dublin player did such Well you can imagine the deliberate self serving agenda out in full force... Yes indeed.. Very selective condemnation

jimbodub (National) - 06/06/2016 10:58:16