National Forum

Popular Posts from TheUsername

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

The pinnacle of cute Kerry h***r*sm - 7 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "To take one prominent example, DCU's sports academy was kitted out at mine and other tax payers expense for the benefit of Dublin GAA inter-county teams. Unlike Dublin, Kerry is not receiving bucket loads of handouts from Croke Park, the Irish Sports Council or 10-20 major sponsors every year. We have to fundraise to build our facilities, like our new centre of excellence or this sports academy in the IT in Tralee. So really I can't understand the issue with coming across an optional invite to a dinner of a legendary figure in the GAA to benefit a project in his native county!! If you paid taxes in the Republic (I'm unsure if you do or not as I see you are from Fermanagh), you would have funded a sports academy to benefit the Dublin GAA. But your concerned about seeing an advertisement giving you the option of supporting something for another county or not? Regardless, let's just cue up the usual Kerry bashing ..."
Not sure what any of this has to with Dublin, a bit miffed by the strength of that reaction. Just dont point though you are wrong on the grants given here: The Central council and Munster council gave the facility one million each for the COE = 2million Sponsorship: Kerry Group = 1million Sports Council = 7 million to facility in Tralee. I dont particularly have a problem with any of that, but the poor mouth narrative that often comes from Kerry is not really reflective of reality especially in comparison to other counties and what they get. You dont really have any financial adversity or anything to do without. I acknowledge we dont really have significant issues in funding in Dublin either and its not about that, though it would take us a good number of years to accumulate the above in games development grants. The victim narrative isnt really fitting when it comes to Kerry in my opinion, you get as much funding then anyone and better then almost everyone. I can understand based on the above why another poster may have raised this as an issue.

TheUsername (National) - 17/01/2018 14:20:06

All-Ireland minor football championship - 5 Like(s)
Congratulations to Loais. Really shocking to see the best minor team of all time dumped out in a first round qualifier. :)

TheUsername (National) - 06/05/2017 17:15:51

Diarmuid Connolly - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheFlaker:  "You are taking bias to a new level here lad! You are counting a penalty and a free lol. Keegan outscores him every time from play, check the record. Like seriously you are just being silly now counting 2 penalties he scored and a free lol. Man to man from play Connolly did nothing really and Kilkenny did even less. You look up what the 2 have scored and who was more influential, it was Keegan everytime. And yes that old black card in the replay. It was soft at best."
So if you discount the goals and points Connolly has scored playing Keegan, then Keegan comes out on top. :D We clearly won't agree on this, but for anyone ho interested in wishing to look and Connolly and Keegan head to head and look at what Connolly has scored of him it's all there. He did clean Kilkenny out though, but Connolly has gotten the better of him, looking at what he has scored in games Vs him. I suppose if anything me interested people can look for themselves, but spoiler alert Connolly has actually done quite well of Keegan, surprising so really.

TheUsername (National) - 22/03/2018 14:24:05

King Con - 4 Like(s)
I think he has been handled really well after his first year, my concern last year was he played three full all ireland championships, physically that is some achievement but winning all three is just amazing. Its been great to see him given lee way by the county, to play club hurling without county commitments and a little Singurson. The lad needs rest but also to have fun. I think he is getting both. Handled really well by Dublin in my opinion, we are in the fortunate position to be able to do that.

TheUsername (National) - 15/02/2018 10:22:41

The Dubs Propaganda Machine - 4 Like(s)

Replying To ballydalane:  "At least Cody shows a bit of passion and personality."
I see Jim Gavin gave up a free Sunday yesterday to go down Kilkenny and coach the Kilkenny football development squad, passion and personality indeed.

TheUsername (National) - 19/02/2018 11:37:00

The Talent Drain - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "We just like to tell it as it is that we're punching above our weight big time and always have been. We get no hand outs down here and our success is due to our own hard work."
Apart from the three million handout by the GAA, Munster Council and Kerry Group, who gifted 1 million each for the COE. :) *Nothing to see here! :)

TheUsername (National) - 15/05/2017 18:20:58

Colm O'Rourke's article today re the GPA. - 4 Like(s)
It's an excellent article and he raises some excellent questions. It's scandolous if true that wages for 12 GPA are over 900k a year a third of their budget. I have long suspected that Gaa finance is like water in Ireland most of it is leaked before it get to source. There is a growing trend of greed in GAA at the highest level, the advent of testimonials, multiple fundraisers across the pond and the sale rise of the GPA. I think if there was an an all Ireland audit county by county similar things would be found. Yet that's whats required the GAA needs an independent audit of anyone or body in receipt of funds, or the method in regard to how funds are raised. I think some rotten practices are in place throughout the country,

TheUsername (National) - 12/11/2017 20:47:25

Paraic Duffy to step down as Director-General of the GAA - 4 Like(s)
You have to deal with this sort of thing when your successful. I feel sorry for the Independent, they have chosen there road though and the impact will be interesting. McKeanna isn't a very balanced or objective journalist for me, I think his facts and figures are very contrived and gerrymandered, but I think that's his agenda. He's made a career for himself manning the anti Dublin narrative, again you have to expect this narrative when your successful. I say that full well knowing Dublin are well funded and have natural advantages, but his stuff is badly hyperbole and purposefully controversial. I don't blame he's done well as Dublin as his meal ticket, but I think you have to question his objectivity given that agenda. Either way, it's better to have likes of McKeanna having a pop at you being champions, then lads having a pop at you for getting your arse handed to you for coming up short. It's better to be questioned about your success then it is your failure. Long may it continue!

TheUsername (National) - 25/01/2018 22:52:49

The Dubs Propaganda Machine - 4 Like(s)
The pundits in question have just released a statement: "We did a quick Internet search and didn't know the product was contaminated" Sound defence right there.

TheUsername (National) - 19/07/2017 20:57:23

Dublin v Donegal - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Donegal_abroad:  "Fair points and analysis there. But when Dublin play every championship game at home, bar one token game in Kilkenny to appease the rest of us, you can't say Dublin don't have advantages. Durcan was a magnificent servant for Donegal. Wonderful keeper, one of the best ever alongside Cluxton. If he decides to move abroad and not line out, he's only doing what others like O'Carroll and McCaffrey have done. Good luck to them all."
I agree mate it is a massive advantage, it is defacto Dublins home ground with other counties visiting occasionally, the fact that Croke park is in Dublin though isn't going to change, it's our county after all. Dublin also has a big migrant population I wouldn't say there would be much in the difference of fans travelling from Kerry, Mayo and Donegal and fans from those counties who live and work in Dublin, so while it suits Dublin it also suits a lot of ex pats see their county in the championship. Personally I would like Dublin to have a 40k-50k stadium in the City that we could blow the roof of, anyone who was down in Kilkenny would tell you what the atmosphere was like, simply amazing, in a lot of respects playing league and earlier Chapuonship games in Croke park takes awsome thing away in how well Dublin fans san support there team. Realistically though the only ground that hold the Dublin support from a Leinster semi onwards safely is Croke park in terms of capacity, transport and infrastructure. Personally I would like more away games, but would leave the GAA with a ghost town stadium like we saw over ge weekend. As for the game I thought we would blow you away in 2014, I won't make that mistake again, Ive been saying all year I don't think Dublin will win an AI this year and this was the one game I feared. I'd hate to miss though, will be a great spectacle and how the championship should be, proper all ireland football by two top counties as opposed to the turkey shoot we are seeing in the Munster Championship two on the other side of the draw, that must be more gauling for yee, given the games you have already played, all respect to Donegal as a result, I think yee will be battled hardened despite the quick turn around.

TheUsername (National) - 31/07/2016 16:49:08

Appointment of All-Ireland SFC final referee - 3 Like(s)
Genuinely wouldn't be bothered if they gave the ref to someone living in Castlebar. I think its wrong that that info is public knowledge though im sure refs have families and a right to live their lives in privacy. A lot of Dublin games are often reffed by lads from Meath, thats the biggest rivalry in football and never is it a an issue. For peace sake sure give it to someone from Connacht, its a non issue really, only for those who are regular loosers.

TheUsername (National) - 03/09/2017 13:59:54

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Should be a good Championship every county has something to prove and hopefully Dublin will be competitive. I'm still buzzing from the U21 All Ireland win, great start to the year.

TheUsername (National) - 07/05/2017 21:21:13

Tyrone breaking from parade - 3 Like(s)
Calmed me right down to be honest, i knew we had won the psychological battle when i saw that. Why run away from the hill, i never understand it, it just jees Dublin fans right up.

TheUsername (National) - 29/08/2017 09:43:14

Tyrone for Sam 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To riverboys:  "It's Kerry v Tyrone for the 2017 All Ireland Final, Mayo showed how to stop Dublin, only for defence mistakes giving away soft scorable frees (and a few dodgy ref decisions) Mayo should have beaten Dublin twice in 2016, I expect Tyrone to have plenty in the tank and tactics to beat Dublin in the semi final. Will they win Sam I don't know I have been saying that 3 years is too long for Kerry without Sam"
Mayo showed everyone how to beat Dublin, by being beaten by them? :) Do you honestly think Mayos game plan hasn't been picked away atall winter by the Dublin Backroom team, it only took them two weeks to crack it post the first all Ireland never mind a few months of analysis.

TheUsername (National) - 20/01/2017 21:00:29

Dublin v Mayo - All Ireland Football Final 2016 - 3 Like(s)
In a lot of ways this is one of the most satisfying all ireland wins Dublin have won in recent years. To beat Donegal and ferocious Kerry and Mayo team on the way speaks for itself and shows the mettle of this Dublin team, they had to dig deep to win this won and answer some hard questions by some good teams. They did it without an all star defender in Rory O Carroll and footballer of the year Jack McCaffrey. Couldn't be prouder.

TheUsername (National) - 02/10/2016 20:17:38

Dr Crokes vs S'neil - 3 Like(s)
I didn't think the game was any more cynical then in any game that's tight and evenly matched. SN, shot selection was poor and they were prone to poor decisions. Crokes were far more clinical. Both teams plays some lovely stuff at times. Crokes were very disciplined in defence and hard to break down, the expierence their lads had of playing in Croke park helped. Crokes could in the right places, SN gave needless frees away within scoring distance those fine margins win championships and that's what Crokes did today. Club football is wholly different to county football and because lads are blaming at more a spectrum of fitness and conditioning, more mistakes and bad decisions are made. Forget the spectacle and the Gooch, the gesture by the Crokes team to young Aoife O Connor is what GAA in the community is all about and stole the show today a magnificent well done to Crokes for that I imagine it touched the whole country.

TheUsername (National) - 17/03/2017 19:58:37

Financial Doping in the GAA - 3 Like(s)
I disagree with your assertion that many of the issues you talk about arent relevent, they arent for the purpose of your arguement but in the context of decision making of course those things are relevent in decision making at council, the reality is Dublin have far more leverage then any other county at the negotiating table, you can talk about the morality or the equity of that but thats the truth. What happened between the FA and PL is a cautionary tale, for the GAA. Where would the GAA be if it lost over a third of its market, if say a Dublin or a Kerry broke from the GAA and set up an alterntive championship, the picture changes dratically for the GAA. You might say thats not a risk, but compartively as money floods into the game its happened in every other sport. The figures people quote in terms of registered players are a bit disgenuour, you can spin figures any way you want to prove an arguement. For example if you took per head of population by structural funding i'm sure Dublin wouldnt come out pretty well. There was a lovely piece up here last weekend that at every level of Dublin underage structure there is an ex player there voluntarily coaching on weekends and weekends. I hear rural lads cribbing about not being able to get 15 young lads out at club games, im sure if the likes of O Ses and a few others gave their time to youth and club development like Dublin the young fellas will flock, sometimes having the right structures in place just isnt about money, sometimes it comes from the resources committed in spirit as much as finance by your own county.

TheUsername (National) - 14/10/2016 13:40:07

Ulster Football Championship - 3 Like(s)
Wish everyone in this province luck, Connaghct, Leinster and Munster are farces and counties will already be planning for quater and semi final from these provinces. Yee are starting with massive disadvantages others counties don't have. My considered opinion that many Ulster sides are amongst the best in the country but don't have the advantage of other top counties in easier provinces.

TheUsername (National) - 06/04/2017 21:21:37

Professor Niall Moyna says Dublin are too dominant - 3 Like(s)
I do find it interesting that no media outlet has led with headlines or even reported Dublin's cut in funding. You have to question the objectivity and agenda of those who have reported on Dublin's finance and stirring controversy and yet haven't reported the trend in the opposite direction. As I thought of most journalists to be honest, Dublin are box office and creating controversy in narrative is a self serving agenda.

TheUsername (National) - 01/02/2018 20:52:10

Poor state of football in rural Ireland - 3 Like(s)
God with the breath of counties being mentioned it seems rural football is in rude health.

TheUsername (National) - 23/03/2017 11:52:28