National Forum

Popular Posts from Damothedub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Total Indifference! - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Outside of Dublin and Mayo I don't think I have ever encountered as much apathy, indifference and disinterest at an All Ireland final as this one. I was talking to a few Meath fellas in Scotland at the weekend and they had the same attitude. Shrugged their shoulders and said "the game is dying on it's proverbial in Leinster. Dublin this year, Dublin next year and Dublin for the next 10 years"."
If you had come across the opposite would you have started a post on it ??? I somehow doubt it with your track record. I watched every final regardless of who's been in them for the last 44 years , I watch the hurling which my county are never in , and I will watch the minor final on Sunday , you see your either a whinger or a fan , with the likes of you we will never win because if we win the Nostradamus of the North will be on with his customary we'll done to be followed with endlessl posts of what he really thinks , and if we lose you will probably slate us for being overrated and gym monkeys , you see sooner or later you become predictable which my boy you really are

Damothedub (National) - 12/09/2017 22:16:58

Joe Canning - not fit to lace Shefflin's boots - 8 Like(s)
Horrible thread ,the title says it all , not fit to lace someone's boots,!!!

Damothedub (National) - 05/07/2016 14:02:49

Connelly/Holmes - 6 Like(s)

Replying To alano12:  "the incident happened over a year ago yet they choose to launch an attack on the players now after a tough loss?...not exactly the bravest of times to do things nor the most credible...it was petty and doesnt do mayo any good in my opinion"
Tell me when youd have thought it a good time for them to defend their reputations , I suspect you don't have one , if they said it straight after they left , sour grapes , if they said it mid summer theyd have been accused of looking for maximum impact to cause disruption , so go on then tell me when was the "right time " ?????????????????

Damothedub (National) - 21/12/2016 12:42:12

Shane Ryan Interview - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheMaster:  "But as I said, nobody was claiming that they couldn't do it wayno (they do it regularly enough in the league after all), the point is that they don't have to play away from home while everyone else does. Like it doesn't seem to occur to him that laois are still playing away from home in this fixture, even though it is supposed to be at home... You really wonder about the mindset involved where someone would think that this would appease a single person, let alone shut anyone up, be that shane ryan or anyone else. Damo, you mean comment on poor decisions in the gaa? Do you not do that yourself? Maybe talk about the subject matter instead of crying foul all the time. If Im being unfair on the subject then it shouldn't be an issue for you to highlight that. By all means, do so."
I was referring to you going on and on and on and on and on and on and on , Everyone and I mean everyone knows were you stand on the Dubs on advantages , I mean how on earth could they not know what alternative Hoganstand planet could they be living on for them not to know were you stand , the problem is you have done this to death a million times .Dressing the pig up in a blanket giving it lipstick doesn't make it a bird.

Damothedub (National) - 02/06/2016 13:12:14

Connelly/Holmes - 5 Like(s)

Replying To alano12:  "this article has given many the opportunity to stick the boot into this mayo team more than anything else"
Rubbish , Ive had a look back at posts that's not what I see , you have an the ends justify the means attitude and that's not my take on it for one bit , you have completely missed that a mans reputation may actually mean something to him , natural justice dictates a mans right to face his accuser , up until now what we have known about the whole sorry saga has been drip fed from the players ,people who love GAA don't enjoy this in ANY county , I hated the Cork Galway and Limericks sagas previously and don't enjoy this one, but if it was me and some thought it was alight to steamroll my name , you bet Id fight back , the response from H/C has been measured had this come out last june / july Id buy that they were only motivated by revenge , but December give a rest .

Damothedub (National) - 20/12/2016 13:30:35

Shane Ryan Interview - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheMaster:  "Just reading that piece with Shane Ryan on the website. He makes some strange observations that, to me, show he doesn't really understand the argument he is arguing against. For starters, nobody ever stated Dublin cant travel - they said they always get to play at home. They are two very different points. Then he states that this game will 'shut people up'. So a supposed home game for laois getting played at a neutral venue is supposed to shut people up about unfairness? Of course it doesn't. The fact that people think that this represents fairness is even more worrying to be honest. If the roles were reversed, and Dublin had a designated home game against Kerry which was played in cork, would that be fair? Of course not. (His arguments about the resources of Kerry and Kilkenny, and 'you weren't complaining until we were winning' have long been debunked, so no point going into them again)"
funny ,it hasn't stopped you repeating yourself for years

Damothedub (National) - 02/06/2016 11:17:57

Dunphy on the Dubs - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  "FFS stop, I'm wiping my eyes. They should all be given halos"
Sort of answer one would expect with cock the first part of their name

Damothedub (National) - 23/09/2017 23:32:17

Davy Fitz - 4 Like(s)
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0720/803646-clare-davy-fitzgerald/ Get well soon you mad thing

Damothedub (National) - 20/07/2016 13:39:58

Dublin bullying of media... - 4 Like(s)

Replying To cavanman47:  "Dublin are getting the money in the bank early this year. . .come semi final or final time when a big call goes their way (again), they'll throw this whole saga up and claim it all evens itself out."
Sad , worse still you probably believe it which is even more sad

Damothedub (National) - 02/07/2017 18:04:34

Connelly/Holmes - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Goalie2016:  "How exactly were they humiliated publicly? The players gave a letter to the county board and they were dismissed. No player from that Mayo team has come out and said anything specifically about why they wanted them out. What H&C have done is unforgivable naming players in an interview. Discussing topics that were said within in the confides of a dressing room. Everybody knows the first rule of GAA is what's said in the dressing room stays there."
on this forum last year it was discussed in length by many many a Mayo poster as to why they were removed , my point being in NOT BEING specific your fellow county men bought into rumour and conjecture , it was common talk to say they were less professional , under qualified etc etc etc by being as underhand as the players were and not being man enough to face the managers led to many believing the rumours , if you've read the interview in full they explain the humiliation , you have read it ???

Damothedub (National) - 23/12/2016 10:19:15

Meath U17s - 4 Like(s)
Congrats lads no doubt best under 17 team in Leinster , get behind your lads this competition has not gotten the coverage or respect it deserves well done

Damothedub (Meath) - 22/07/2017 16:20:20

'Sensitive' Posters - 4 Like(s)

Replying To neverright:  "Which county''s posters react most sensitively to any criticism, real or perceived, of their county, it's players or their style of play? Looking back through some posts I think it's a three-way tie between Dublin, Mayo and Tyrone. What do you think?"
hello fish I'm Mr Bait

Damothedub (National) - 25/07/2016 17:53:43

Threads that constantly reappear - 4 Like(s)
Had a good laugh reading the list , this site is not for lovers of the game it's for whingers , paroical defenders , there are the odd good threads but few and far between , if anyone disagrees with me have a look at the post ratio positive v negative and there's your answer , few actually want to discuss the games , ormobannerman from Clare who I don't think has ever weighted in on anything other than a rugby/ professional v GAA debate at this stage I don't think he even goes to games

Damothedub (National) - 02/06/2017 16:18:00

Full Time Coaches & Financing - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheWestIsAwake:  "Feel free to put me on the right track?"
http://www.hoganstand.com/Forum/MessagePage.aspx?PageNumber=0&TopicID=98705 Done to bits already feel free to read the 368 posts , if that does not suffice there are many other Posts all the same under different banners were this subject has been done to death , BORING

Damothedub (National) - 05/05/2017 13:16:08

Full Time Coaches & Financing - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KYTotalFootball:  "But we are always told they have loads and loads of competing sports which means they don't have the same % playing GAA Which is it? Because if that is true and I believe it is you can't use their massive population as justification for the funding figures as it doesn't reflect the GAA playing popualtion"
http://www.hoganstand.com/Forum/MessagePage.aspx?PageNumber=0&TopicID=98705 Are posters honestly suffering from a dose of the Finding Dory , have a read of the 368 yes 368 posts covering this rubbish already , coming out with the moral outrage as if you've had your head in the sand for god knows how long

Damothedub (National) - 05/05/2017 13:18:04

Blue Print To Beat The Blues - 4 Like(s)

Replying To realdub:  "Listen to this Off The Ball podcast if you haven't already, it will tell you exactly what is going on in football today and the whole mindset of teams wanting to knock Dublin off their perch. It says Kerry were certainly the instigators down in Tralee and maybe this is the only way to go, worrying times for the game as a spectacle. Billy Joe Padden and Mikey Quirke do the talking http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/184834/Time_to_stick_it_to_the_Dubs"
In fairness, teams have always done what is necessary , Armargh and Tyrone came up with an original way to beat Kerry , Donegal ambushed us previously, the blocking of the man off the ball the targeting of Fenton , anything to thwart Cluxton its par for the course at this stage , the beauty is teams are rattled and are spending as much time trying to figure out how to stop us as they are in figuring out how to beat us

Damothedub (National) - 28/03/2017 09:16:16

Minor footballers 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To GAAman41:  "U17 or u18 it doesn't matter they still would have lost. What wages is your son on per week with the U17s?"
Jesus some nasty bitter little people on here , thank god they you don't raise your ugly chip infested heads on main page , good win Good night

Damothedub (Carlow) - 14/02/2017 11:03:55

Connelly/Holmes - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Mayonman:  "very self serving article. to have a go at AOS, whatever you think about him, for trying to get a bit of career for himself says so much about their mgt style. memo to holmes/coneelly ..........it is an amateur sport and u are not entitled to interfere with a players career. not a very holistic approach to management. hanging a player out to dry over expressing a preference for a keeper. not great lads. maybe players should have no opinions?? players kept their reasons private and so should the x mgmt. they have now started to make it personal. reflects badly on them. going on about humiliation......................grow up. u were dropped as managers. players get dropped every week and have to roll with it. I think their is a cult of manager out there who will drown in their own self importance! PS don't be misled by my name..........................I'm a Galway man to the core and actually enjoying this a bit:-)"
But is OK to hang the coaches out to dry ????

Damothedub (National) - 19/12/2016 15:46:34

Mayo need to save football - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Laois76:  "Ok. From 2006-2012 huge amounts of money were pumped into underage, clubs and schools. Well Kerry weren't receiving anything like this money i presume? Yet they've won the last 3 minor all irelands and are odds on to win this years? The Dublin minor team of 2017 would have been part of these excellent development squads, got their protein shakes, had dinner after training.. Derry beat them on Sunday. The U17 final was contested by Tyrone and Roscommon."
My son has just spent five years on Dublin development squad hurling , one year dual this year with footballers , not one protein shake ever I mean ever. I have no reason to lie , they are given diet sheets to take home , up to me and the missus to purchase the recommended foods , up to him to follow the diet. I have spent a fortunate travelling from Antrim to Cork from Waterford to Galway for the last five years and met many parents were we swapped stories , I found none of the counties we played to be lacking in strength and conditioning , facilities etc bar possibly Offaly , I say this as the poster started out stating let me tell you a story and that he's done , it's a miss mash of truths designed to startle , it's also poor in insight into developments squads and preparations countywide

Damothedub (National) - 30/08/2017 08:47:52

Inequality in County Funding - 3 Like(s)
Don't we normally do this after we've won in September , this isn't a topic for the summer think of the children

Damothedub (National) - 19/07/2017 09:10:37