National Forum

Popular Posts from royaldunne

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Tipperary and Galway "fans" - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Rayo:  "I bet the Galway Fans who did arrive early wished they had stayed in the bar.......................not only the worst Galway minor team ive ever seen, probably the worst Minor team from any county to ever take the field in croke park. Shocking stuff."
Very bad form to speak of children (yes children as they all u18) in those terms. Cop yourself on, I have given out more than most about senior players from every county. However in my life I have never said a disrespectful word about a underage player. Kids are off limits regardless if they lose by 100 points. Pity we all weren't so perfect as yourself when we were 16/17. Disgraceful behaviour

royaldunne (National) - 14/08/2016 16:28:59

A plea to Parnell Park - 7 Like(s)
We are only a week away from Leinster championship meeting of Meath and Louth, and majority of people who went to this venue last year have bad memories of the venue, now maybe staff were caught on the hop and didn't expect a sell out (actually probably over sold) but this year there can be no excuses, I genuinely feared for the younger member of my family safety as pushing and shoving while waiting for gates to open became very dangerous, I put my then 9 yo daughter in front of me with a Louth man saying he would try to keep the front from pushing back as i tried to lean back to stop any shove forward, all this while stewards put up signs saying they would not open gates until x time, there was unreserved seating and the Qs were getting bigger as everyone tried to push to front to get a better seat in stand,. The clubhouse was packed I had arrived somewhat early and tried to get a drink (non alcoholic) after waiting unsuccessfully for 20 minutes I left and looked at the bewildered family who were having a christening in clubhouse been taken over by quite loud and excited Meath and Louth men. Once inside the shop ran out of everything including water, on a hot day this was particularly bad for children. So PP you know what's coming, this game is already nearly a sell out, be prepared. 1. Open gates early , at least 90 minutes before throw in. 2. Do not have a function in club on that afternoon. 3 . Please ensure basic water supplies at venue, (go to cash and carry) The last 2 are more for people having function and for children attending match. 4. Double the amount of stewards. I have never worried for the safety of my children at a match (bar 10 when some idiots tried to get a rise) what makes the GAA great is the family day out aspect, the kids embarrassment at their dads childishness (well mine anyway) but the want to go to a match is always there. I only say this as I have my 5 tickets for this game bought , my now 10yo daughter for first time in 4 years doesn't want to go, the same girl who went with me to newry on a terrible night , and is like my mascot she goes to every game I go to, cause she is worried about last year and same thing happening again. I have told her it wont and they will be better organized this Time. Please Parnell Park make this a enjoyable and safe day for all attending. This post is not intended in anyway as a slight on Dublin GAA or the officials at Parnell park, this is a plea to just have this event better organized, no one wants someone to be hurt or severely injured at a football. Crushing at sporting events should never have the possibilities to happen. Thank you admin for putting up this post.

royaldunne (National) - 27/05/2017 12:28:44

A plea to Parnell Park - 7 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Hahahahahahaha All this from a Meath man who regularly visits the dinosaur that is pairc tailteann. seriously you should have been at the Dublin club final between plunketts and vincents couple years ago that was Parnell park packed to the rafters literally standing in the stand no room on the path at side terrace yet nobody had any problems it went off smoothly. Didn't realise the meathers were that soft these days, make sure you bring the hand sanitizer the bars might not be swept since Louth v Wicklow haha oh maybe an idea bring a bottle of water with you before you go the ground haha come on man Parnell is similiar to most county grounds of its size. Louth and Meath both have run down grounds for home venues surely of all counties ye shouldn't be overly fussed at facilities at this stage."
While I have often disagreed with you in many things, to laugh at children's safety at a football match is quite pathetic and beneath most GAA people, I'm disappointed in you hill. As for PT, absolutely shocking facilities, but none of them endanger patrons. I will not respond to anything else you wrote as I find it petty tribalism, and nothing to do with the main issue of having gates open to avoid crushing ala Hillsborough, particularly for young children (girls in this instance) ill bid you good day and have a think on that.

royaldunne (National) - 27/05/2017 14:39:24

Dunphy on the Dubs - 6 Like(s)
Personal story from Monday. As some of you will know I have a baby son born very premature, but doing well , and he attends crumlin on a regular basis , by chance he has had appointments on both Monday after the 2 all ire. We were heading to hoops, when out of a ward came Micheal fitzsimons and McCarthy with Sam maguire, herself been originally a dub (I know I can't get over that I married one either ) lol just kidding hon :) Anyways they gladly took a photo with herself Sam and our son, two nicer guys you couldn't hope to meet, I naturally shook their hands and congratulate both , I had a bit of banter with Micheal telling him that my boy would lift Sam one day FOR MEATH. Again I don't know many of the team but if these 2 lads are anything to go by, then Eamonn is talking out of his rear end.

royaldunne (National) - 23/09/2017 20:12:09

Dublin v Tyrone Semi-Final - 6 Like(s)
Btw all the shyte thrown at David coldrick by some Tyrone fans . They can stick it where sun don't shine . Should have been a straight red but David gave you a break. Now say thank you to the Meath man

royaldunne (National) - 27/08/2017 17:24:37

Changes to the forum - 5 Like(s)
Yeah 24 hr posting is great idea, only problem is try to not send a post at 2am with a skinfull in you and munching on a kebab, trust me it can lead to nothing good

royaldunne (National) - 02/06/2016 18:55:28

Mayo fans - 5 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "Why do Mayo fans boo everything? They boo any decision that goes against them no matter how obvious it is. Fermanagh, Kildare and now Tyrone game i've noticed this. Is it the bandwagon fans that come at championship time or why does this happen? It's not nice to see."
Id be more worried about the sledging by Tyrone players, mayo are reacting , and while I wouldn't be his biggest fan, and he also partakes , but the treatment of Aidan ose in this game has been shocking.

royaldunne (National) - 06/08/2016 16:49:21

Dublin bullying of media... - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Kerry_NYC:  ""I can now reveal that this is not the first time the Dublin management team has tried to influence the narrative on the Sunday Game when one of their players was the subject of a discussion on the programme.

A member of the team management once texted a panellist on the programme warning that if an issue was dealt with in a certain way it would have an impact on the team's relationship with the programme. It was a definite 'shot across the bow'."

The above statement from Pat Spillanes' recent article in The Sunday World is a scandalous claim. If this is true, the GAA should investigate and punish anyone involved. Not only is it now plain to see that Jim Gavin can't control some of his players, but it is Spillanes' assertion some member/s of his management team are threatening pundits on television, who say anything that reflects poorly on the Dublin team.

If Gavin is looking for constitutional clarity, I'm pretty sure freedom of the press is one!

******EDITOR'S NOTE: A VERY SENSITIVE ISSUE. ANY LETTERS 'OVER THE TOP' WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.******"
IF this is true the GAA need to investigate. We all know dubs are a business, but never should profit for one county be at the expense of honest deliberations on a match, team or individual. And the national broadcaster or any broadcaster for that matter be threatened by any management team.

royaldunne (National) - 02/07/2017 16:51:53

Next Meath manager - 4 Like(s)
There will be some interest, but surely it has to be Andy McEntee, whatever it takes to convince Andy to take the job should be done.
It won't be easy but he is by far the best chance we have to undo the mess created over the last 4 dreadful years.

royaldunne (Meath) - 09/07/2016 19:58:40

The Blue Juggernaut? - 4 Like(s)

Replying To ziggy32001:  "fair points.I just hope its a sign that Meath are showing something.Big test for them next time out after this display."
I am not posting on this issue of resources etc, I am only and in fairness I think most people are posting on the match itself, (if unfortunately titled thread) . I think the point from a Meath perspective is that this has eventually happened, it wasn't a fluke result, or one determined by a bad ref call, it was a genuine win. Meath have stuck to old ways for too long, the proper structures weren't put in place when they should have been, Meath are a large county with a top 5 all Ireland haul, and honestly football mad county, but the structures weren't put in place, while every other county modernised Meath cb had the attitude, we are Meath we will always be successful or thereabouts. And that left them behind and needing to catch up, this win Is what many sees as the first group of youngsters who went through the new system, so it would appear to be working, that been said many in Meath will tell you last years minors were better than this years, so with minor its hard to tell, also the without Conor Nash a sublime prospect. While Dublin have the resources it in no way can be attributed to Meath demise, that is truly our own fault by appointing wrong managers, getting rid of good manager, not putting in effort at underage, non of that has anything got to do with what dubs have or have not, its got to do with bad management at cb level over many many years, hopefully this will be a turning point , if we can win Leinster then it will have been a good start. That's all that matters now is winning Leinster, a tough task awaits un next game.

royaldunne (National) - 23/05/2016 15:45:00

All Ireland Final line-up? - 4 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "Im desperate for a Dublin v Kerry final .... would love it."
What's the point? It could be Dublin v mayo, you would win either way. The only reason you want Kerry is to have a one up on the yerra boys. Dublin are a professional team in a amateur sport. The elites as was spoken of today. The gaa have created a monster with the endless funding and making sure the one way funding goes to the capital. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it coming to Meath or even Westmeath, but unfortunately since the draw was made only one team were ever going to win it ( I know that's how it is ) but I mean Dublin. I guess the only thing I would like to know is bought success as appreciated as genuine success? While I understand it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference for the first few years, surely it gets hollow afterwards, like yer man namar with psg. Dublin are the Man City or psg of the gaa. And fair play to them. When 30 plus lads can drive to training in free cars, or can buy hotels in Meath it shows how much "professionalism " is in Dublin gaa. While the rest are still doing the amateur thing.

royaldunne (National) - 07/08/2017 21:26:08

Meath versus Galway - 4 Like(s)

Replying To jackser:  "Galway will win regardless of weather"
I won't ask you for a tip for Cheltenham :).

royaldunne (Meath) - 05/03/2017 15:44:50

Next Meath manager - 4 Like(s)
Will whoever disliked my post please inform me who they would pick? Just one further thing, do not I repeat do not let someone's political views or affiliations effect the judgment of who is best for Meath footballers, I only say this as someone who knows a lot more about Meath football than I , stated to me after Andy was removed as minor manager that "he was the wrong colour" Regardless of what your political affiliation is this is sport and politics should have nothing to do with it, mr&Mr Dempsey I am sure would agree with me.

royaldunne (Meath) - 09/07/2016 20:41:44

Michael Duignan on Sky coverage and the GAA - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Laois76:  "Sorry to hear about your little boy RD. Things like that put everything in perspective. I hope he's health problems improve and he livew a happy and healthy life."
Ahh he is a little fighter, only given 20% chance night he was born, but after 3 months in hospital we got to bring him home, a nd every day he getting stronger. A typically Meath man, he never gave up :). Thanks for your wishes, we actually consider ourselves to be the lucky ones.

royaldunne (National) - 10/07/2017 22:49:06

Time to rebrand GAA grounds? (As Gaelic hubs) - 4 Like(s)

Replying To galwayford:  "To survive into the future I think the GAA needs to tie into the Gaelic revival. That is Irish language, music and dancing should be included in the grounds."
But what about the vast majority of people who don't speak Irish who love gaa games? Your idea would alienate them, (like myself) I'm also not into the music that much, apart from the folk music of Clancy's or fury's, how would these hubs help us?

royaldunne (National) - 22/05/2016 08:39:54

12 weeks for Connolly. Is a GAA Witch Hunt in progress? - 4 Like(s)
First off it wasn't Spillane or O'Rourke who put their hands on linesman, it wasn't Rachel Weiss , or any the sky pundits, it was Connolly in a game that Dublin were never going to lose . Perhaps your anger,disappointment, frustration should be directed at him, witch hunt??? Ahh come on the only one who let dubs down was Connolly himself, no one else. Perhaps take off blue tinted glasses and see the problem isn't witch hunts the Sunday or anything else, the problem would never have arose if Connolly could behave himself. That is the issue.

royaldunne (National) - 06/06/2017 21:01:06

Meath vs Antrim - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Htaem:  "If Antrim object and it turns out that the game actually ended as a draw then I'd be happy for the game to be replayed but the Gaa shouldn't act like cowards and dump this on our doorstep like they did in 2010. Order a replay if they can and if they can't then the rules must change so that they can order replays under certain circumstances."
Totally agree, if it was a draw then GAA HQ order a replay, hard on the Meath hurlers but so be it, if they cant order replay then let result stand, do not, I repeat do not put this a meaths door again. Its not our problem if a ref/scoreboard / or whatever makes a mistake. Do not say its up to Meath to offer a replay, if they haven't changed this law since 10 then to hell with them.

royaldunne (National) - 05/06/2016 19:00:40

Happy Christmas and a peaceful new year - 3 Like(s)
I don't care if you don't like me, if you disagree with me on every post. Or if you think I'm a legend (which I am of course). I want to wish you and yours a very happy and safe Christmas, and a peaceful new year. May all your private wishes come through. Enjoy folks

royaldunne (National) - 07/12/2017 22:47:43

Michael Duignan on Sky coverage and the GAA - 3 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "I'm just curious if those who are in favour of the sky deal could give me a rough estimate of their annual income, what age they are and if they have any dependants?"
48, six children, two adult ones both in colleges, lots of expenses with them, youngest is my little boy, born last year very premature ,who has unfortunately a few health problems, no medical card, (thankfully he has under 6 gp card) one thing I will always be thankful to last government for, but pay 170 per month on medication, modest income , herself can't work due to our son. Mortgage, car and all expenses that go with that. The saving grace, we don't drink (apart from glass or two of wine at Xmas and special occasion, gave up smoking few years ago, I get sky in for the gaa, then let it go in January after the darts, I have little or no interest in soccer , I still watch a bit of f1 but the days of senna prost, or Schumacher are over, its too sanitized these days. I like national hunt racing, and if possible I will try to get to Cheltenham, however not been for couple years

royaldunne (National) - 10/07/2017 20:57:21

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - 3 Like(s)
Whether you like me or loath me I want to wish all posters and administration a very happy Christmas and new year.
Enjoy it dont drink too much, treasure the children in your life, and please please be careful on the roads. See you all in 2017. RD

royaldunne (National) - 15/12/2016 08:55:52