National Forum

Popular Posts from Breffni39

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Is Dublin's 3 in a row Tarnished? - 22 Like(s)
I honestly pity the people on here that are so pathetically bitter that they go to the effort of making threads/posts like this. There is so much more to life lads and lassies.

Breffni39 (National) - 18/09/2017 10:34:50

Fair play TG4 - 10 Like(s)

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "I watched a rugby match last year on Welsh TV & they had an option of either Welsh or English through the red button. TG4 could use the same system I'm sure."
I don't think Clondalkin has any Welsh either

Breffni39 (National) - 22/03/2017 18:49:30

Referee admits error... - 10 Like(s)
Fair play to you for taking the time out to create this thread. I dunno how ye Kerry lads put up with all the hardships and injustices the GAA throws at you year on year. An inspiration.

Breffni39 (National) - 21/03/2017 17:45:29

Cavan V Monaghan - 8 Like(s)

Replying To prideof85:  "Yes cavan look formidable from 1 to 9 its there after 10 to 15 wheres the scores gonna come from now this is a massive massive match for cavan 2013 beaten 2015 beaten so with cavans history and underage success they have to deliver on the promise of the future is blue show it lads show it 5 17 Tyrone put past cavan last year in u semi last year doesn't bode well"
All this is compounded by the fact Monaghan have pure class from 1-15 and an embarrassment of riches off the bench. They're All-Ireland contenders no doubt about it and lets not forget they won a National League in 1985.

Breffni39 (National) - 09/06/2017 10:25:40

Ballyea v Cuala: The Kerry connection... - 8 Like(s)
yerra

Breffni39 (National) - 15/03/2017 14:11:23

Dubs and Kerry on TV? - 8 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "You are probably right. I apologise for using the term A-hole and b#stards on here earlier. I should not have been abusive, despite any provocation and what has been posted by others. I've been called plenty of things on here before by some posters who have been posting on this very thread. Regardless I should not responded in the same manner. I have been increasingly frustrated in the last few days (in particular) by the same posters having what seems like pre written comments waiting to be posted regardless of what may have happened in the Kerry game. There is a sizeable cohort of posters who have a serious chip on the shoulder as regards Kerry. When you log on after a Kerry game and have to swath through the pages of tripe about my county it can (like today) really p*ss you off. The reaction on here to last night's game is a classic example. The insinuation that Kerry alone were involved in off the ball stuff when the statistics and the evidence of your own eyes clearly show that Dublin were just as guilty. But I've been on here long enough to know better than to react to trolls and keyboard warriors. It was stupid."
Not trying to be niggly or anything but yourself and a number of specific Kerry posters are well able to troll so maybe just figure out a way of giving it and taking it and everyone can enjoy themselves.

Breffni39 (National) - 20/03/2017 14:02:45

Return of attacking football - 8 Like(s)
The bizarrely shameful connotations of defensive football created by phrases like "Puke football" and "blanket defence", means styles of play are now almost purely in the eye of the beholder. Doesn't matter what style any team plays, supporters will see what they want to see, positively or negatively.

Breffni39 (National) - 15/02/2017 13:52:17

Why are pundits taking it easy on Kerry? - 7 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "I saw this picture up on Facebook posted by a lad I know from Dublin and he shared it from a Dublin fan's site's official facebook page. Now this lad is a great lad to tag you in a post going on about Kerry losing a match or Dublin winning, but he's been fair quiet the last two days.

I went on this Dublin fan page anyway for the craic and my God, there is a serious paranoia complex or maybe something worse. Posts left, right and centre about the media worms coming out from under their rocks to slate Dublin, Connolly being a martyr etc etc. If this fella is like that after a League match, what was he like before Dublin were winning titles?? I won't name the site but I assume some of the Dublin posters know of it. It made for interesting reading being a Kerryman!

Now back to Morley, a young fella in the heat of the moment smiles and appears to clap his hands seeing Connolly march. I mean to me that's about as provocative as the hurling lads jumping up and punching the air any time they get awarded a free. If that's all the indignation people are getting from this game than it tells its own story.

I was chatting to plenty of Dubs and Kerry fans after the game over pints. Everyone felt the black cards were justified, most were happy enough with the referee and no one in any way considered it a dirty or cynical game. So whatever about those watching on the couch, I'll opt for the judgement of people that were actually there."
Still struggling with the self-awareness I see Hermit.

Breffni39 (National) - 11/04/2017 16:23:23

Can the GAA survive the Rugby onslaught - 7 Like(s)
Hard to believe it's only a few short months since our glorious test match victory over Canada. When you think of the hammering we gave them, with our 2nd/3rd choice XI, in the ultimate test within the sport, wow, spine-tingling even now.

Breffni39 (National) - 13/03/2017 14:45:58

Dublin propaganda - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Ccgall4:  "Lee Keegan is no saint but neither is Diarmuid Connolly. Why so has there been such one sided derogatory commentary from the Dublin camp (which is being fed to the media) re Lee Keegan? Such rhetoric is surely being put out there with the hope of influencing the referee on Saturday? If the almighty dubs are so good and unbeatable why resort to this type of ploy?"
Because it's true

Breffni39 (National) - 27/09/2016 14:31:22

The Talent Drain - 6 Like(s)
The way yis go on you'd think yis were Leitrim.

Breffni39 (National) - 16/05/2017 13:22:38

Minute Silence - 6 Like(s)
Speaking of tradition, how come the captains don't kiss the Bishops ring before matches anymore? Money no doubt! That was the beginning of the end for our beautiful game.

Breffni39 (National) - 29/03/2017 14:09:27

Sean Cavanagh- Greatest Player of Modern Era? - 6 Like(s)

Replying To pdempsey:  "He's up there but he's not best player since 2000 in my view. He's been very up and down for last few years. Magnificent displays mixed with mediocre displays. 3 All Ireland Medals is good but many of the Kerry players from the same era have 4, 5 or 6 medals. Plenty of the current Dublin team will pass him out this year or next in terms of medals. Connolly, Cian O'Sullivan and Bernard B would be better players than Cavanagh"
Cian O'Sullivan? Ah here. Very good player yes but I'm baffled how he has such a lofty reputation. It's like half way through last seasons championship someone flicked a switch and everyone considered him class. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but he wasn't even a guaranteed starter before then. I'm not criticising him but we're talking about best players of a generation here.

Breffni39 (National) - 22/07/2016 11:09:32

Failed drug test - 6 Like(s)
Yeah you always fall back on that one and I keep telling you it's not Kerry, it's you and a couple of Kerry posters I have form on. I don't think you'll ever get this. I'm indifferent to Kerry and this bothers you. Yerra yerra poor aul Kerry.

Breffni39 (National) - 30/05/2017 17:31:47

Simple Rule Change to curb blanket defences - 6 Like(s)
Why don't yis all go away and create a new game and leave the rest of us to enjoy this one.

Breffni39 (National) - 30/05/2017 18:49:12

Cork will beat Donegal - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Mullerm:  "I think we will beat Donegal next Saturday quite easily. We experimented during league and things didnt go our way against Donegal. Peader Healy is putting his own stamp and along with additions of Alan Cadogan and Aidan Walsh I think we are coming into form at the right time. In fairness Donegal key players are over the hill and i expect us to be win by 6-8 points. This not arrogance. I just think Cork football season will start now."
Awful shame that Michael Murphy, Odhran MacNiallais and Ryan McHugh are over the hill already.

Breffni39 (National) - 26/07/2016 11:07:01

Non-Sport Superthread - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Administrator:  "Hi all, Apologies for any annoyance in closing the other thread. The reason for doing this is due to problems with our server in the past few weeks. The problem has stemmed from the size of the previous thread and amount of replies."
Lockjaw should be able to help you with any server/storage related issues.

Breffni39 (OtherSports) - 10/07/2017 11:53:18

Martin McGuinness RIP - 6 Like(s)
Disliking condolence messages, explain yourselves lads and lassies.

Breffni39 (National) - 21/03/2017 17:33:55

Galway vs Mayo - 6 Like(s)
Didn't see the game, but nothing would surprise me about a certain Mayo player. Sure I'm blue in the face trying to point it out on here. Butter wouldn't melt!

Breffni39 (National) - 12/06/2017 09:47:00

The Talent Drain - 6 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I am being serious, our rural clubs in Kerry are fading away at an alarming rate most gave to amalgamate to survive."
You seem to genuinely believe this is unique to Kerry

Breffni39 (National) - 17/05/2017 15:11:16