Laois Forum

Something Wooly said

(Oldest Posts First)

He said on his podcast that one year Portlaoise didn't enter the Laois league and instead played challenge matches against good teams from other counties as they saw it as better prep for the championship.

This sounds like a tall tale to me. Surely they would have been automatically relegated if they choose not to compete in the league?

Anyone confirm?

realman2 (Kildare) - 18/10/2016 16:59:41    1927339

Link

Replying To realman2:  "He said on his podcast that one year Portlaoise didn't enter the Laois league and instead played challenge matches against good teams from other counties as they saw it as better prep for the championship.

This sounds like a tall tale to me. Surely they would have been automatically relegated if they choose not to compete in the league?

Anyone confirm?"
It's true. I think the county board reorganised the league the following year to keep Portlaoise in Division 1.
The leagues in Laois are thought very little of anyway.

CmonAymonow (Laois) - 22/10/2016 22:46:05    1928388

Link

Replying To CmonAymonow:  "It's true. I think the county board reorganised the league the following year to keep Portlaoise in Division 1.
The leagues in Laois are thought very little of anyway."
Fair enough

realman2 (Kildare) - 25/10/2016 12:28:34    1928829

Link

This is true....

Ballyfin club did the same this year ...I doubt the county board will be as understanding to them!!

BigJohn.6_8 (Galway) - 02/11/2016 15:07:27    1930931

Link