Donegal Forum

How Should We Re-Start?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Lockjaw:  "I have a nagging fear that we're getting ahead of ourselves. Not just in terms of sport but in general. Whilst it's true that we haven't had a case in Donegal in a while, that could quickly change. Imagine holiday-makers in somewhere like Dunfanaghy bringing the virus in? That's all it would take and we could find ourselves back to square one. But I suppose we just have to trust that the government know what they're doing in relaxing the measures.

When all is said and done how would we see the various Championships going? The accounts I've heard is that it will be two groups of 8 in the senior & 2 groups of 12 in the Intermediate. Not sure about the Junior.

The clubs with the big squads will cope best. Injuries will be inevitable with the games coming thick and fast.
Will the young Eunans team make a breakthrough? They were very close to Glenties last year in the semi final."
I understand that there is a requirement for the CB to run a league before Championship. There may be a bye law that they have to adhere to. I was told there will be regional leagues, with 2 rounds played before the championship starts at the beginning of Aug. Championship is 4 groups of 4 to be played off weekly. Once the group stages are complete those teams not involves can play regional league again.
Not ideal

donegaldouble (Donegal) - Posts: 266 - 25/06/2020 15:25:41    2281822

Link

Big rumour Croke Park going to hold Donegal v Tyrone.

neutral (None) - Posts: 286 - 26/06/2020 15:02:13    2281887

Link

Replying To neutral:  "Big rumour Croke Park going to hold Donegal v Tyrone."
Not a hope I would say. The gaa have learned from the new bridge or nowhere saga.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 772 - 26/06/2020 16:07:42    2281896

Link

Croke park the venue yes

ryan (Donegal) - Posts: 457 - 26/06/2020 16:33:37    2281898

Link

Replying To ryan:  "Croke park the venue yes"
Croke Park on Halloween night against Tryone, surely not lol.

The All Ireland final on the 19th Dec. If Donegal make the final we can do some Christmas shopping in Dublin.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1658 - 26/06/2020 17:25:12    2281903

Link