Louth Forum

Lennon Cup

(Oldest Posts First)

Congrats to the Bush on winning there first ever Lennon cup. Not the best Of games and some very questionable calls in both games by the refs made them quite not enjoyable. Having said that good to see the bush push on and they have a great young team there with a lot of potential for there clubs

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 15/11/2019 10:38:01    2249726

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Congrats to the Bush on winning there first ever Lennon cup. Not the best Of games and some very questionable calls in both games by the refs made them quite not enjoyable. Having said that good to see the bush push on and they have a great young team there with a lot of potential for there clubs"
Yep best team by a country mile , St Marys were clueless no game plan and some very strange team selections but bush had it in spades were very disciplined were Marys reacted to everything and it cost them with the referee .Ohanlon taken off after 15 minutes he had a few possessions and a goal disallowed apparently it was tactical , keane Flynn not starting was another strange call as was downey , Marys goalie dropped for the final only conceded 1 goal in the competition a lad that was playing midfield against Ardee put in nets sub goalie overlooked it just looked all over the place and they played some good football up to the final . Martin in midfield for the marys looked very good but I think he is Rugby bound , Stafford in the full back line was also very good . centre half played corner back all year the list goes on .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 15/11/2019 12:04:08    2249736

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "Yep best team by a country mile , St Marys were clueless no game plan and some very strange team selections but bush had it in spades were very disciplined were Marys reacted to everything and it cost them with the referee .Ohanlon taken off after 15 minutes he had a few possessions and a goal disallowed apparently it was tactical , keane Flynn not starting was another strange call as was downey , Marys goalie dropped for the final only conceded 1 goal in the competition a lad that was playing midfield against Ardee put in nets sub goalie overlooked it just looked all over the place and they played some good football up to the final . Martin in midfield for the marys looked very good but I think he is Rugby bound , Stafford in the full back line was also very good . centre half played corner back all year the list goes on ."
Fair enough Mary's didn't play well, but why you putting a word in on stuff you haven't a clue about with who doesn't start and who did. The ref who is from the bush area didn't play a fair game what so ever

Cian-123 (Meath) - Posts: 3 - 17/11/2019 15:14:17    2249992

Link

Replying To Cian-123:  "Fair enough Mary's didn't play well, but why you putting a word in on stuff you haven't a clue about with who doesn't start and who did. The ref who is from the bush area didn't play a fair game what so ever"
Corrigan from Mattock was one ref and Mc Ardle from the Brides in the other (cup and shield finals) I don't know who reffed which game but neither are from the Bush area!

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 342 - 17/11/2019 21:06:05    2250058

Link

Replying To Cian-123:  "Fair enough Mary's didn't play well, but why you putting a word in on stuff you haven't a clue about with who doesn't start and who did. The ref who is from the bush area didn't play a fair game what so ever"
I don't think my post was in any way misinformed and you are obviously misinformed regarding the referees area he was from. Marys had a brilliant squad I seen a few of there games and I just don't think the best was made of the players available it was definitely a game that they could of won but something just wasn't right about the whole set up or the substitution's but we can agree to disagree . The referee was in no way shape or form responsible for the Marys not winning the Lennon cup .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 18/11/2019 07:41:43    2250083

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "I don't think my post was in any way misinformed and you are obviously misinformed regarding the referees area he was from. Marys had a brilliant squad I seen a few of there games and I just don't think the best was made of the players available it was definitely a game that they could of won but something just wasn't right about the whole set up or the substitution's but we can agree to disagree . The referee was in no way shape or form responsible for the Marys not winning the Lennon cup ."
Fair enough I can agree with that

Cian-123 (Meath) - Posts: 3 - 18/11/2019 12:54:36    2250129

Link

Well done Bush. Nice to bridge the gap.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1377 - 18/11/2019 13:08:07    2250135

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "I don't think my post was in any way misinformed and you are obviously misinformed regarding the referees area he was from. Marys had a brilliant squad I seen a few of there games and I just don't think the best was made of the players available it was definitely a game that they could of won but something just wasn't right about the whole set up or the substitution's but we can agree to disagree . The referee was in no way shape or form responsible for the Marys not winning the Lennon cup ."
Fair enough I can agree with that

Cian-123 (Meath) - Posts: 3 - 18/11/2019 13:08:47    2250137

Link