Antrim Forum

Antrim Footballers 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Was wondering who a few of you might fancy to make the call up next year for league or championship? Having watched a lot of Antrim club football this year and last there are wuote a few fellas i would like to see get a chance.

Any names anyone would lile to throw out there or even anyone you think could potentially be good enough? I think the standard of antrim club football is a lot higher than some people presume

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 185 - 07/11/2019 13:31:38    2248295

Link

Also worth mentioning that Matt Fitzpatrick amd Ryan Murray wont be involved this year.. definitely room for more fresh blood

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 185 - 07/11/2019 15:10:52    2248327

Link

Replying To boman11:  "Was wondering who a few of you might fancy to make the call up next year for league or championship? Having watched a lot of Antrim club football this year and last there are wuote a few fellas i would like to see get a chance.

Any names anyone would lile to throw out there or even anyone you think could potentially be good enough? I think the standard of antrim club football is a lot higher than some people presume"
Good to see new boys called up and it's an exciting squad I would have liked to have seen Colm Fleming, Declan Dunne and Ciaran Bradley in the squad they've all had brilliant seasons. Fitzy and Ryan will be a big miss.

GaaBoy_1995 (Antrim) - Posts: 4 - 12/12/2019 16:12:25    2254454

Link

Ciaran Bradley was one I would have almost been certain of for this year, and his clubmate Jamie Gribbin has had a great year aswell. Both off the back of a very impressive last season aswell.

I haven't seen too much of Declan Dunne now this year tbh a few LD games I had been at he had been on the bench each time but no doubt a very talented player who could well be a part of Antrims future.

I think with the loss of Fitzy and Ryan we will need to bring in some top forwards to replace them. Conor Small and PC already brought in who are 2 great forwards to be fair. I would also like to see Seamus McGarry and Ronan McGrady given another chance on the panel 2 serious players and when theyre on song 2 of the best forwards we have to offer.

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 185 - 13/12/2019 11:25:47    2254637

Link

Replying To boman11:  "Ciaran Bradley was one I would have almost been certain of for this year, and his clubmate Jamie Gribbin has had a great year aswell. Both off the back of a very impressive last season aswell.

I haven't seen too much of Declan Dunne now this year tbh a few LD games I had been at he had been on the bench each time but no doubt a very talented player who could well be a part of Antrims future.

I think with the loss of Fitzy and Ryan we will need to bring in some top forwards to replace them. Conor Small and PC already brought in who are 2 great forwards to be fair. I would also like to see Seamus McGarry and Ronan McGrady given another chance on the panel 2 serious players and when theyre on song 2 of the best forwards we have to offer."
I'm guessing from the Instagram posts the 2 Goalkeepers will be Oisin Kerr and Andrew Hasson 2 good keepers but I'd love to see Aaron Slane from Davitts given a shot even in the McKenna Cup, I'm not a Davitts man but he's the best keeper I've seen this year and I've watched everyone, made about 4 point blank saves, saved a penalty and was knocking 50m frees over like they were nothing and he does it every game apparently

GaaBoy_1995 (Antrim) - Posts: 4 - 14/12/2019 02:38:54    2254784

Link

Replying To GaaBoy_1995:  "I'm guessing from the Instagram posts the 2 Goalkeepers will be Oisin Kerr and Andrew Hasson 2 good keepers but I'd love to see Aaron Slane from Davitts given a shot even in the McKenna Cup, I'm not a Davitts man but he's the best keeper I've seen this year and I've watched everyone, made about 4 point blank saves, saved a penalty and was knocking 50m frees over like they were nothing and he does it every game apparently"
agree with you on Slane, he had a stand out season for an inconsistent enough side. from what I have seen he is a very good shot stopper and seems to be stroking over 45's and frees with ease as you said.

I would like to see more division 2 players given a chance, there's some real quality in a few of the top end div 2 sides, and tbh I think there's a few players on our county panel that are there on reputation, having watched plenty of club football this year there were a few that were nothing special at all.

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 185 - 14/12/2019 10:51:09    2254803

Link

Replying To boman11:  "agree with you on Slane, he had a stand out season for an inconsistent enough side. from what I have seen he is a very good shot stopper and seems to be stroking over 45's and frees with ease as you said.

I would like to see more division 2 players given a chance, there's some real quality in a few of the top end div 2 sides, and tbh I think there's a few players on our county panel that are there on reputation, having watched plenty of club football this year there were a few that were nothing special at all."
I seen you said about Seamus McGarry quality player but I'm almost certain he was out with a bad injury for most of the year :(

GaaBoy_1995 (Antrim) - Posts: 4 - 15/12/2019 03:19:28    2254916

Link

Replying To GaaBoy_1995:  "I seen you said about Seamus McGarry quality player but I'm almost certain he was out with a bad injury for most of the year :("
last year this was, bad hamstring injury followed by a broken hand but he has been back to top form this year for Aldergrove shooting the lights out. Instrumental in their IFC success this year.

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 185 - 15/12/2019 12:04:25    2254947

Link

Replying To boman11:  "last year this was, bad hamstring injury followed by a broken hand but he has been back to top form this year for Aldergrove shooting the lights out. Instrumental in their IFC success this year."
Do you know the McKenna cup squad?

GaaBoy_1995 (Antrim) - Posts: 4 - 15/12/2019 18:47:38    2255020

Link