Monaghan Forum

Welcome Back Banty Army.

(Oldest Posts First)

Now that's it official.
Lets get behind Banty and all the lads for 2020.

I was taking to some of the Monaghan lads last night and they are delighted that he's back, so lets all get behind the team and management.

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 15 - 06/09/2019 16:06:18    2233337

Link

Yes Good to see a Monaghan man in charge who care's for the job and will do well...............most supporters would rather hand the county team over to some Bluffers who are only after the bucks and the social media fame!!!

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 08/09/2019 22:40:31    2233689

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "Yes Good to see a Monaghan man in charge who care's for the job and will do well...............most supporters would rather hand the county team over to some Bluffers who are only after the bucks and the social media fame!!!"
The BLUFFER now is the manager.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 73 - 10/09/2019 10:45:00    2234062

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "Yes Good to see a Monaghan man in charge who care's for the job and will do well...............most supporters would rather hand the county team over to some Bluffers who are only after the bucks and the social media fame!!!"
Backroom team from Dublin, Tyrone and Down ..... so they are only in it for the love of Monaghan football? This can be stirred up any way you like .... reality is that the vast majority of supporters (certainly every supporter I have discussed this with) are firmly against this appointment. And I would be stunned (despite what's being said to the media) if all the senior players are "trilled" with this outcome.

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 79 - 10/09/2019 11:48:15    2234083

Link

Replying To Mon79:  "Backroom team from Dublin, Tyrone and Down ..... so they are only in it for the love of Monaghan football? This can be stirred up any way you like .... reality is that the vast majority of supporters (certainly every supporter I have discussed this with) are firmly against this appointment. And I would be stunned (despite what's being said to the media) if all the senior players are "trilled" with this outcome."
The record shows that of the 26 counties that have hired at least one outside football manager over the last two decades, 19 of them were at their most competitive during that period when they had an outside man at the helm.
Leitrim, Fermanagh and Wexford have contested All-Ireland semi-finals, all coached by outsiders. Westmeath have won Leinster and contested three All-Ireland quarter-finals under managers from Kerry and Kildare. Tipperary and John Evans; Limerick under Liam Kearns and Mickey Ned; Cavan under McHugh; Antrim under Baker Bradley; not to mention Johnno in Galway;

expat345 (Monaghan) - Posts: 26 - 10/09/2019 20:45:59    2234201

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "Now that's it official.
Lets get behind Banty and all the lads for 2020.

I was taking to some of the Monaghan lads last night and they are delighted that he's back, so lets all get behind the team and management."
Now you're talking! Just be careful we don't encourage too much and offend those who would like to see Mother Theresa at the helm... or even Peter Perfect the Perfect Priest!

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 310 - 10/09/2019 22:33:08    2234244

Link

Replying To GerryD:  "Now you're talking! Just be careful we don't encourage too much and offend those who would like to see Mother Theresa at the helm... or even Peter Perfect the Perfect Priest!"
That's some world class gibberish there!

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 361 - 10/09/2019 23:52:54    2234261

Link

Replying To Mon79:  "Backroom team from Dublin, Tyrone and Down ..... so they are only in it for the love of Monaghan football? This can be stirred up any way you like .... reality is that the vast majority of supporters (certainly every supporter I have discussed this with) are firmly against this appointment. And I would be stunned (despite what's being said to the media) if all the senior players are "trilled" with this outcome."
Incase you missed it the last Management team was from Fermanagh and Tyrone,and they werent too bad.............

I know why nearly everyone is against this appiontment,its the Banty...............if it was Declan Loughman and this backroom team there wouldnt be a word said but it is what it is.

Whats annoying me is the abuse thats been given out by some so called Monaghan fan's.........who think football in the county only started in 2013!!!!!!!!

They players had their say and they have backed him,end of story...........its gonna be a new Monaghan next year, and after watching the crap that was served up this year i cant wait for 2020 to start!!

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 11/09/2019 00:10:39    2234267

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "Incase you missed it the last Management team was from Fermanagh and Tyrone,and they werent too bad.............

I know why nearly everyone is against this appiontment,its the Banty...............if it was Declan Loughman and this backroom team there wouldnt be a word said but it is what it is.

Whats annoying me is the abuse thats been given out by some so called Monaghan fan's.........who think football in the county only started in 2013!!!!!!!!

They players had their say and they have backed him,end of story...........its gonna be a new Monaghan next year, and after watching the crap that was served up this year i cant wait for 2020 to start!!"
Afraid you missed my point. Point is that the three outsiders would not touch Monaghan if there were not bucks involved. Which is standard now. Now issue there. I'm very comfortable with backroom team from outside the county. The issue I ... and many supporters have ... is Banty McEnaney coming back to take over the senior team when he did nothing with the u-20s and did similar with Wexford and Meath. And "bluffers chasing bucks" would be accurate re his time with Wexford. I've heard that directly from Wexford.

We are all entitled to our on this board. I'd be delighted if Monaghan go well this year. Honestly hope I am wrong about this. But it does not sit well right now. And no, Declan Loughman would not be a suitable manager for Monaghan right now, althought I'm sure he's a good manager at club level.

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 79 - 11/09/2019 10:00:53    2234323

Link

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2019/09/11/news/county-focus-we-run-the-rule-over-monaghan-s-2019-1708780/

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 79 - 11/09/2019 13:06:12    2234392

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "Incase you missed it the last Management team was from Fermanagh and Tyrone,and they werent too bad.............

They players had their say and they have backed him,end of story...........its gonna be a new Monaghan next year, and after watching the crap that was served up this year i cant wait for 2020 to start!!"
Go easy on the latecomers Hardcore. The reason they think football only started in 2013 is because no manager for 25 years before that had won anything. McCormack, McCarville, McEnaney, Coyle et al, and oh yeah Banty, not a trophy kind between them...

Breffni Park 30 June 2019 is reason enough to be worried.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 687 - 12/09/2019 12:37:18    2234716

Link

Replying To Eddie the Exile:  "Go easy on the latecomers Hardcore. The reason they think football only started in 2013 is because no manager for 25 years before that had won anything. McCormack, McCarville, McEnaney, Coyle et al, and oh yeah Banty, not a trophy kind between them...

Breffni Park 30 June 2019 is reason enough to be worried."
Ah Eddie....did you forget about May the 1st 2005 and Monaghan's NFL Division 2 final win over Meath or does that not count anymore??

Two Ulster titles spoiled you.............good job we didnt win the 4 Ulster titles that we should of won under Malachy O'Rourke!!

Breffni Park on the 30th of june counts for nothing............an under age competion with a team that didnt win a game all year,and in all fairness,it wouldnt matter who was over them,they were pretty poor,with 2-3 decent players who on a good team would play better.

Question for you..................If Banty and this Management team were over we say Derry or Fermanagh would you say it was a good set up and would you say they had a good chance of doing well ????

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 13/09/2019 23:40:03    2235130

Link

I did forget about 2005. As you recall, the league in those days was 1A1B 2A2B format, meaning that winning Div 2 was equivalent to Div3 today.
Can you name all the Div3 winners since? No googling now..
The u20s this year is the best evidence we have

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 687 - 14/09/2019 11:16:19    2235168

Link

Whether we like it or not its official now so whats everyones hopes for next season? what do you want to see? He has a strong backroom team which I'm hoping will be effective.

I'd like to see young players being implemented into the squad and the young lads who are already there getting plenty of game time ie. O'Hanlon, Mealiff, Barry McGinn etc.. these lads will soon be the main core of the team for seasons to come so why not get them into it. We know what McManus, Kieran Hughes, Drew will bring so why not implement someone who hasn't been rather than need bring them on in a crucial game further down the line and not know what they will bring/ be raw to championship pace? Monaghan are going through transition we all know that, will take time but done correctly we can still stay division 1/2 (i.e Donegal and we don't need any introduction to what they've achieved the past 2-3 seasons ) Of course it can't be a team of completely young lads, there will be your experienced players who will come in to the team in their own time which is my next point.

I hope the game time with some of the established players is managed better. Division 1 is no joke of course and staying up is important but i'd far rather see McManus Hughes' D.Wylie coming in gradually towards the end of the league, Under Mal We seemed to be the only team not to rest key players so much. League is important and all but this Monaghan are due another Ulster and I believe they can do it but i'd prefer a rested but well managed team heading into it as opposed to a team full of older lads who've slogged through McKenna Cup/ A full league (Remember Darren Hughes played a lot of McKenna cup after a lengthy club season).

As being part of the younger generation of Monaghan supporters I don't exactly know Banty's management style so will we see any of this at all or what should we expect?

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 654 - 14/09/2019 15:37:11    2235205

Link

......more like "Dads Army".

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 73 - 15/09/2019 01:26:29    2235435

Link

"Question for you..................If Banty and this Management team were over we say Derry or Fermanagh would you say it was a good set up and would you say they had a good chance of doing well ????"

I don't think it would work with Derry or Fermanagh. Banty's passion etc only seems to tranlate across to his own county. That's probably because players can see that the passion and drive is there and they have a similar passion for the same county. I don't think he was capable of mustering that sort of bond with other counties as was proven in Meath and Wexford. So I doubt Derry or Fermanagh would buy into his methods no matter who was with him.

Tim_NicebutDim (Monaghan) - Posts: 301 - 16/09/2019 09:33:23    2235941

Link

I think its time we move on from the banty bashing people. He wasnt my first choice either but anyone who knows anything about football will know he has assembled a serious management team. I can only congratulate him on that and wish him the very best of luck. Unlike some other clowns on this forum I will still be at every Mc Kenna Cup, league and Championship game to support the team.

Moving on then, who is likely to come into the panel that we haven't seen before? Looking at some of the Intermediate and Senior championship games so far, I think Monaghan has some really quality young players coming through. Interesting to see who he will bring in. In my opinion is nephew Alan Kierans from Magheracloone would be certainly brought into the panel.

Frost (Cavan) - Posts: 48 - 17/09/2019 03:28:09    2236446

Link