Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Yeah look they gave us a brilliantly exciting year, right from the first League game against Tyrone there was huge positive energy around them and everything they did. It just got better over the summer, a wonderful day in Killarney with the sun splitting the stones, the train journey back to Tralee that night with all the Kerry fans singing was class. A brilliantly exciting game against Donegal, the novel trip to Navan, the brilliant comeback against Tyrone and at least 100 odd minutes of grit, heart and skill against Dublin.

For whatever reason we just didn't come out in the second half yesterday. The goal was a killer, having done so well to get back to level pegging it was criminal to give Dublin such a soft major score straight away. It should have been a free out for traveling but yet again the Dubs get the luck, why didn't Moran just drag him down. We have not learnt that lesson going back to 2002 and 2011! You can be sure Dublin would have!!

We just didn't do ourselves justice in the second half, terrible wides, a 46% score conversion rate.
We really need to work on goal scoring and creating goal scoring opportunities. But look overall our midfield and backs aqcuited themselves well and we won everyone of our kick outs so great stuff from Shane.
Think the management had a bad day on the line, those high balls at the start were odd for example. We took too long to get into the game and gave ourselves too much to do!

Ultimately Dublin were just the better team on the day, thought it was a strange atmosphere in terms of Kerry fans just not really getting into the game despite the impressive colour of them on the hill, loved the green and yellow flare at the start!

Don't think I could bring myself to watch it back, but look its been a hugely positive year and these young warriors are the coming team.

I thought I'd be more upset about Dublin doing the 5 in a row, but really they breaking that barrier does not lessen our county's amazing tradition and history in the game. When the history is written the proper context of their dominance will be remembered but they are still a class team!
Plenty will talk about them being the GOAT, its a stupid argument really and in reality they are just one of several brilliant teams throughout GAA history and a fair few of them wore the Green and Gold.

It will be a long winter for sure, but we'll be gagging for it again come January!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5138 - 15/09/2019 21:59:24    2235835

Link

Hermit, K'boy, the two Gerry's, as-ky etc well how's the feeling 24 hours on?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4261 - 15/09/2019 22:24:25    2235848

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "37 what Mark O'Connor does with his life is his own business , he's from my club and he owes nobody nothing , he'll be playing in the AFL semifinals next weekend and I for one wish him well."
Kingdom my wish for Mark O'Connor is yours that in whatever he chooses fortune smiles on him I know both sides of Mark' s family going back 2 generations but my wish for Kerry and for me is that Marks unique ability would have been harnessed to Kerry's cause, it was also the wish of his mentor Eamonn Fitzmaurice but it was not to be.It is just a shame that he was not smitten by the same bug that smote Ciarán Kilkenny , a rhetorical question Would Dublin be going for 6 in a row had Ciarán not come back ? I reiterate, my support of Kerry football is and will be undiminished irrespective of results Casting a critical eye over yesterday recognising that everyone concerned did their best , but areas of the team are too weak to topple Dublin They had their chance element of surprise etc 2 weeks ago did not take it, Dublin came with an altered plan hammered Kerry's fullbackline from throw in and left Paul Murphy a redundant sweeper cheated off him his man the constant overlap on both wings. I accept minor and junior teams representing Kerry won five titles in their grade but I don't think there were any players spanning all of those years in either grade. Dublin have done it at Senior level and changed the slogan 'Drive for Five 'to 'Buzzin for the 1/2 dozen' So let's see if there will be anyone there to stop them I for one hope that Kerry can do it . Kerry are as near to Dublin now as they were in 2011 2013 2015 and 2016 Yesterday 5th consecutive championship defeat under 3 different managers each of whom did their best . Bottom line Dublin are a team for the ages love them or loathe them .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 15/09/2019 22:37:18    2235854

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Hermit, K'boy, the two Gerry's, as-ky etc well how's the feeling 24 hours on?"
Finally took the jersey off a couple of hours ago! Out drinking with my 69 year old dad and the Kerry crew till 5am, was a good night in the end but paid for it today uggghhhhh.
Like I said above not as upset as I thought I would be, think we've a great chance next year.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5138 - 15/09/2019 22:46:35    2235861

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Hermit, K'boy, the two Gerry's, as-ky etc well how's the feeling 24 hours on?"
A very painful defeat i must admit. We win as as team and lose as a team, i hate anybody getting signalled out for making mistakes. The panel gave everything they had, we couldn't have asked for anymore. The train journey home seemed to take forever. It was a very sombre atmosphere all the way to Tralee. I felt at HT that we had a really big chance to win but that goal 20 seconds into the 2nd half was a dagger to the heart, It totally deflated us and the crowd too i felt. We probably take it far too serious but it's instilled in us like a religion i guess. Can i thank P.Keane and everybody connected with Kerry GAA for the 2019 they have given me as a supporter. We will lick our wounds and return stronger next year i've no doubt on that.

GreenAndGold74 (Kerry) - Posts: 97 - 15/09/2019 23:07:08    2235870

Link

First off well done to squad & PK and his backroom team - ye gave it everything and can hold heads high.
2 All Ireland finals in 3 weeks will stand to this group next year. No amount of preparing players for these matches can replicate actually playing to a full house in headquarters and that is the major plus for all involved.
As with all games there are one or two big moments which ultimately decides the outcome and Saturday night was no different. Players stood up and didn't go missing even when the tide turned and the manner that everyone kept trying despite being literally out on their feet was the most encouraging thing I took out of the replay.
It appears to me that the half back line seems to be the key springboard for teams now and I hope to see TOS there next year. I would also love to see TM at centre back and hopefully when PC is fully recovered from his injury he would be our number 3.
Another change I would like to see tried out is PG to centre half forward - BTW what a point he got just on half time the other night - full of heart and commitment.
We need to be innovative and think outside the box - what about SOB in our half back line?
Can't wait for the league! Shaw and O'Brien are others I hope get game time in the league along with GOS.
Having started this thread I am now signing off on this topic which has been analysed enough at this stage.
Yours in sport,
TE.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 15/09/2019 23:33:48    2235879

Link

I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. It was a bit like 2015 where we kept within touching distance but never looked like we were going to win it. Dublin controlled the game and you have to tip your cap to them. They are a remarkable team. The best that I have seen.

Looking to the future we have a lot of reasons to be hopeful. We improved as the year progressed, Ryan, O'Shea, Begley and others are better players than they were back in the spring and look like they can be big contributors in future years. O'shea Is a beast and has the look of a leader about him. Ryan came of age in this game. His restarts will keep improving hopefully and he could be one of the best goalies in the game.

We tired towards the end again yesterday and didn't have the energy levels needed to make a push. Dublin's incredible fitness has been built up over the years and we need to reach that level.

The worry for Kerry is that David Moran is 31 and may not be at this level again. I thought he was tremendous this year, probably our most important player. We need a big time midfielder to emerge soon if we are going to win an All Ireland. Barry and O'Connor may be the answer in time.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1650 - 16/09/2019 00:17:05    2235884

Link

like the hermit days above horse, if we look at the years as a whole it's been brilliant and compared to last year that wouldn't be hard, but of course being from Kerry being second best is never good enough.

In a few days now il start looking forward to the county championship and hopefully we can win that.

Then I'll start looking forward to the league again and see what we have for next year, what do you make of it horse?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10007 - 16/09/2019 07:49:51    2235909

Link

Having thought about it since saturday if u told me when PK took over that we would get to the league final and the AI final I would have taken that. Its been a great year for Kerry. New players have now been bedded in and we have got some great experience too. There is an AI in this team. It may take another year or 2 but they will get there.

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 544 - 16/09/2019 08:53:50    2235922

Link

The lads need to get their shooting eye in when under pressure. They need to keep pushing on when the clock is running down. Above all else, they need to learn from their mistakes (we didn't win the first day and lost the last day because we let them go on Waltzing Matilda runs from deep to score vital goals).

Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser. We did well. We could have done better. We need to be to stop a truly great Dublin team. As for PK, I like him more and more because his drole responses to media questions seems to ruffle their delicate feathers. Good.

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 16/09/2019 10:26:39    2235964

Link

I think we need to look at the positives. I think it was very difficult for this young team to be tasked with toppling that great Dublin team, and by God they nearly did. We should encourage and support this young team. The future is bright

1. Shane Ryan's first year in the goals, the man doesn't even play in goals for his club. He will get better.
2. Jason Foley is 21 and will blossom into a great Corner back maybe even a great full back.
3. Tadgh Morley had plenty of critics in the county and no one thought he would plug the gap at No.3 when Peter Crowley got injured.
4. Tom O'Sullivan. The man is most likely going to get an All Star! Enough said
5. Paul Murphy : A Fantastic servant for Kerry, PK is trying to get him used to the sweeper role, so we have to be patient
6. Gavin Crowley, solid all year, completely nullified Kieran Kilkenny in the first game, not so much in the second, an awful ask for any man to do,
7. Begley : Only 24, he does a lot of donkey work and puts up a lot of miles on the clock.
8. Moran : Played mighty this year and most importantly no major injury of any kind.
9. Jack Barry : Excellent game in the first game considering his limited play time this year. But definitely going to be a key part of the Kerry Midfield in years to come.
10. Donnacha O'Connor : Another man who didnt get much playing time for whatever reasons, but he has shown great promise
11. & 13. Sean O'Shea and David Clifford : Those two are the future of Kerry Football. Period
12. Stephen OBrien : phenomenal year to date.
14. Paul Geaney : He is coming back to his best... didnt score as much in the first game vs dublin but worked so hard. was a constant threat in the replay
15. Killian Spillane / Adrian Spillane : Many Many Kerry fans have criticized and questioned both of their ability and their places in the panel over the past 2 years, but i think no one can doubt that the give it their all and posses the quality to be in the panel. This year will stand to both of them and hopefully they will both kick on... Killian must have balls the size of a Bengali tiger for taking the goal chance in the final. That is the sign of a quality player who believes in himself.

Tommy Walsh : Hero, the man shouldn't even be playing football after his injury but he is a valuable asset to the team and from what i hear a massive influence on the younger players.

Jack Sherwood : Always battled hard

Gavin White : Young players who had the captaincy to deal with as well. he will get fitter and stronger and be an option on the wings for next few years.

Dara Moynihan : I think he was injured for a lot of the year and hopefully 2020 we will see the Dara that looked fantastic in the League.

I believe their is at least 10 players in the county that are on training / weights programs, so they are around the same fitness / strength levels for next years panel....

Future is bright!

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 16/09/2019 14:06:29    2236096

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads luminach is a wind up no more than that. So he does not bother me.. But again 37 turns against his own he does not go to all these games he speaks of he is getting his info from some other retired old school teacher . Peter Keane roll on"
I have been to almost every game played in Croke Park Championship, League, Grounds Tournament and challenge since the League final of 1959 v Derry League and Munster Championship games too numerous to even start counting When around most County Championship games involving Gaeltacht ,St Kieran's . East Kerry South Kerry Under age games ad nauseam College games involving Pobal Scoil Chorcha Dhuíbhne and St Brendan's Killarney I don't need any other retired farmer tailor Garda or teacher to fill me in on what is happening. I have seen great Kerry teams very good Kerry teams good Kerry teams Teams that found it beyond them to beat the great Down team of the early 60s The Galway team of mid sixties the Tyrone team of the 2000s and now ones that just can't beat the Dublin record breakers very near but not quite there . In my opinion the present backs are not there yet new personnel needed The hole in the middle of the defence had been the downfall against Dublin check it out from the first defeat byDublin in a league game in Killarney Feb 2010 to now Mc Mannamon Mc Caffrey Murchan saw the Gap open for them a la Red Sea and the net shaking behind different Kerry goalies nothing changed yet in that regard Pointing that out as a flaw does not mean that I have turned against my own a patient would expect the doctor to point out what is wrong a good pupil would welcome the note " did well but could do better" I enjoy the Kerry Hoganstand forum but am dismayed at how quickly the four main contributors turn personal and exclusive I welcome every opinion and it would never occur to me to question how many or what games a poster of a contrary opinion had attended It is back to winter fare Co Championship and Corn Uí Mhuirí from here to Christmas Watch for progress of Liam Kearney David Shaw Graham O Sullivan Gavin O Brien I've forgotten the names of the other players that old retired teacher advised me to look out for . Go n - eirí libh I rith an gheimhreadh

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 16/09/2019 16:40:24    2236201

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads luminach is a wind up no more than that. So he does not bother me.. But again 37 turns against his own he does not go to all these games he speaks of he is getting his info from some other retired old school teacher . Peter Keane roll on"
I have been to almost every game played in Croke Park Championship, League, Grounds Tournament and challenge since the League final of 1959 v Derry League and Munster Championship games too numerous to even start counting When around most County Championship games involving Gaeltacht ,St Kieran's . East Kerry South Kerry Under age games ad nauseam College games involving Pobal Scoil Chorcha Dhuíbhne and St Brendan's Killarney I don't need any other retired farmer tailor Garda or teacher to fill me in on what is happening. I have seen great Kerry teams very good Kerry teams good Kerry teams Teams that found it beyond them to beat the great Down team of the early 60s The Galway team of mid sixties the Tyrone team of the 2000s and now ones that just can't beat the Dublin record breakers very near but not quite there . In my opinion the present backs are not there yet new personnel needed The hole in the middle of the defence had been the downfall against Dublin check it out from the first defeat byDublin in a league game in Killarney Feb 2010 to now Mc Mannamon Mc Caffrey Murchan saw the Gap open for them a la Red Sea and the net shaking behind different Kerry goalies nothing changed yet in that regard Pointing that out as a flaw does not mean that I have turned against my own a patient would expect the doctor to point out what is wrong a good pupil would welcome the note " did well but could do better" I enjoy the Kerry Hoganstand forum but am dismayed at how quickly the four main contributors turn personal and exclusive I welcome every opinion and it would never occur to me to question how many or what games a poster of a contrary opinion had attended It is back to winter fare Co Championship and Corn Uí Mhuirí from here to Christmas Watch for progress of Liam Kearney David Shaw Graham O Sullivan Gavin O Brien I've forgotten the names of the other players that old retired teacher advised me to look out for . Go n - eirí libh I rith an gheimhreadh

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 16/09/2019 16:42:48    2236203

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "I have been to almost every game played in Croke Park Championship, League, Grounds Tournament and challenge since the League final of 1959 v Derry League and Munster Championship games too numerous to even start counting When around most County Championship games involving Gaeltacht ,St Kieran's . East Kerry South Kerry Under age games ad nauseam College games involving Pobal Scoil Chorcha Dhuíbhne and St Brendan's Killarney I don't need any other retired farmer tailor Garda or teacher to fill me in on what is happening. I have seen great Kerry teams very good Kerry teams good Kerry teams Teams that found it beyond them to beat the great Down team of the early 60s The Galway team of mid sixties the Tyrone team of the 2000s and now ones that just can't beat the Dublin record breakers very near but not quite there . In my opinion the present backs are not there yet new personnel needed The hole in the middle of the defence had been the downfall against Dublin check it out from the first defeat byDublin in a league game in Killarney Feb 2010 to now Mc Mannamon Mc Caffrey Murchan saw the Gap open for them a la Red Sea and the net shaking behind different Kerry goalies nothing changed yet in that regard Pointing that out as a flaw does not mean that I have turned against my own a patient would expect the doctor to point out what is wrong a good pupil would welcome the note " did well but could do better" I enjoy the Kerry Hoganstand forum but am dismayed at how quickly the four main contributors turn personal and exclusive I welcome every opinion and it would never occur to me to question how many or what games a poster of a contrary opinion had attended It is back to winter fare Co Championship and Corn Uí Mhuirí from here to Christmas Watch for progress of Liam Kearney David Shaw Graham O Sullivan Gavin O Brien I've forgotten the names of the other players that old retired teacher advised me to look out for . Go n - eirí libh I rith an gheimhreadh"
Should have mentioned Games that involved Kerry Interesting that HS team of week had exactly the same proportion of Dublin to Kerry players (10 /5 ) as the one I posted on Saturday That old retired teacher is some guru I must hold on to him !

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 16/09/2019 17:25:14    2236240

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "I have been to almost every game played in Croke Park Championship, League, Grounds Tournament and challenge since the League final of 1959 v Derry League and Munster Championship games too numerous to even start counting When around most County Championship games involving Gaeltacht ,St Kieran's . East Kerry South Kerry Under age games ad nauseam College games involving Pobal Scoil Chorcha Dhuíbhne and St Brendan's Killarney I don't need any other retired farmer tailor Garda or teacher to fill me in on what is happening. I have seen great Kerry teams very good Kerry teams good Kerry teams Teams that found it beyond them to beat the great Down team of the early 60s The Galway team of mid sixties the Tyrone team of the 2000s and now ones that just can't beat the Dublin record breakers very near but not quite there . In my opinion the present backs are not there yet new personnel needed The hole in the middle of the defence had been the downfall against Dublin check it out from the first defeat byDublin in a league game in Killarney Feb 2010 to now Mc Mannamon Mc Caffrey Murchan saw the Gap open for them a la Red Sea and the net shaking behind different Kerry goalies nothing changed yet in that regard Pointing that out as a flaw does not mean that I have turned against my own a patient would expect the doctor to point out what is wrong a good pupil would welcome the note " did well but could do better" I enjoy the Kerry Hoganstand forum but am dismayed at how quickly the four main contributors turn personal and exclusive I welcome every opinion and it would never occur to me to question how many or what games a poster of a contrary opinion had attended It is back to winter fare Co Championship and Corn Uí Mhuirí from here to Christmas Watch for progress of Liam Kearney David Shaw Graham O Sullivan Gavin O Brien I've forgotten the names of the other players that old retired teacher advised me to look out for . Go n - eirí libh I rith an gheimhreadh"
You keep on about the gap of dunloe or the Red Sea running through the centre of our defense 37 but you're not giving us any answers or solutions to the problem, do you think PK and the lads don't know about this problem and they aren't trying to remedy the situation?

Maybe we don't have the players we need at this moment in time or maybe we have them but they're not ready yet?

PK played 6 backs 4 midfielders and 4 forwards the last day, there is only so much that you can rob off Peter to pay Paul and still score enough to win the game.

15 points was never going to be enough to win that game the last day, we needed to be hitting 22/23 points and that's hard to do when you have only 4 forwards and midfielders who don't contribute on the score board, you could see jack Barry getting in to great positions the last day but then having to turn and look for Clifford or Geaney, the dubs didn't even bother marking him.

Anyway what's done is done, PK and the lads did Trojan work in 10 months considering the low ebb we were all at after fitz and Mikey.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10007 - 16/09/2019 22:25:34    2236393

Link

I know off topic - if the gaa proposals regarding a two tiered championship is carried Cork being in div 3 wouldn't qualify for top tier ya?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4261 - 16/09/2019 22:41:52    2236403

Link

Jesus what saddo is doing nothing but red clicking posts since the final?
You really have to wonder about some people on here, has our little Limerick friend gone at least ;)
Hopefully he took a couple of the Dubs that came on here to gloat with him, though fair play to those that sent on commiserations.
But honestly for the others wining a final and the first thought it to post on an bloody Kerry forum rubbing it in, Lord may I never be so pathetic.

Suppose the usual crew of Dubs will now be even more insufferable then before on the main page, the "it's our way" mantra man is already busy writing more dissertations :D

I think when the afterglow diminishes in a week or two they'll be some winter of discontent about Dublin, the questions will only become louder and more vocal and maybe a tipping point will be finally forced on D GAA.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5138 - 16/09/2019 23:22:53    2236418

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "You keep on about the gap of dunloe or the Red Sea running through the centre of our defense 37 but you're not giving us any answers or solutions to the problem, do you think PK and the lads don't know about this problem and they aren't trying to remedy the situation?

Maybe we don't have the players we need at this moment in time or maybe we have them but they're not ready yet?

PK played 6 backs 4 midfielders and 4 forwards the last day, there is only so much that you can rob off Peter to pay Paul and still score enough to win the game.

15 points was never going to be enough to win that game the last day, we needed to be hitting 22/23 points and that's hard to do when you have only 4 forwards and midfielders who don't contribute on the score board, you could see jack Barry getting in to great positions the last day but then having to turn and look for Clifford or Geaney, the dubs didn't even bother marking him.

Anyway what's done is done, PK and the lads did Trojan work in 10 months considering the low ebb we were all at after fitz and Mikey."
Ok it is time to bring closure to this thread but before doing so I'd like to clarify my position using technique of a one time frustrated soccer manager --1)Peter Keane and backroomteam are doing a great job -Fact- 2) The players 1 to 40 have given their all-Fact- 3) Dublin stand on the Everest of achievement never done before in the annals os All Ireland men's Senior Football 5 titles in a row Wexford first ,and then Kerry twice failed at final hurdle so hats off to Dublin ,no one can take this from them- Fact- 4) Kerry Under 3 Different management teams failed against Dublin 5 times in the Championship In this decade -Fact--5) the crucial Dublin scores in all those encounters were the result of a a Dublin player careering through the middle of the defence -Fact -6)- Three Kerry management teams have failed to find a solution ,neither I nor my presumed retired teacher advisor can see an immediate solution ,problem remains - Fact-7) Eamonn Fitzmaurice met with identical success against Dublin in his first year in charge ,led them 69 mins 32 secs into that epic semi of ' 13 in a very different scenario, he took over at a time no one else wanted the job an ageing core to the team and supply line too young. He made mistakes, who doesn't ? Most recent may have Paul Murphy Sweeper for 65 mins, nothing to be swept,Dublin had changed their tactics then Tommy Walsh not starting ( shades of Kieran Donaghy in 15!).
Hindsight is wonderful.-Fact- Eamonn Fitzmaurice has played a key role in the development of all players West of Camp (ask any of them or Tommy Griffin) He has contributed hugely to Kerry's cause as player, and as a mentor giving all but Shane Ryan David Moran and Diarmuid O Connor of last Saturdays starting 15 their debuts in the Green and God - Fact - 8) Mikey Sheehy has forgotten more than you or any of us posting here will ever learn about Gaelic (Kerry) Football -Fact . 9) Not many more of the successful minor teams seem to be up to it st present 3 defeats at U 21& U 20 does not inspire confidence
Now, a new chapter of ongoing story to be opened . Starting with Co. Championship let the quest for the solution to the obvious 'hole in the middle' 'God willing ,I hope to enjoy the games I go to my old retired teacher adviser will fill me in on the ones I can' t get to . Here's to East Kerry and St Brendan's Killarney from now to January. Winter we'll accept Dublin as the best of the best and don't be hard on contrary opinions where ever they come from Go dtè sibh slán .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 17/09/2019 07:47:18    2236458

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Jesus what saddo is doing nothing but red clicking posts since the final?
You really have to wonder about some people on here, has our little Limerick friend gone at least ;)
Hopefully he took a couple of the Dubs that came on here to gloat with him, though fair play to those that sent on commiserations.
But honestly for the others wining a final and the first thought it to post on an bloody Kerry forum rubbing it in, Lord may I never be so pathetic.

Suppose the usual crew of Dubs will now be even more insufferable then before on the main page, the "it's our way" mantra man is already busy writing more dissertations :D

I think when the afterglow diminishes in a week or two they'll be some winter of discontent about Dublin, the questions will only become louder and more vocal and maybe a tipping point will be finally forced on D GAA."
Ya username is trying to get that "our way" thing going but he's only stealing it from the the Kerry way concept that we've had for nearly a hundred years , the next thing he'l be saying we are dublin :-)

The Dublin way is the money way and everyone knows that.

Horse ya I'd say Cork could be in trouble if that 2 tier thing is passed which is a load of bo**ix anyway.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10007 - 17/09/2019 07:51:12    2236460

Link

Kingdom boy thank you for your last post regarding 37 and his post all the year. No encouragement for our boys. Let me it is about time some body here in kerry stood up and said that Dublin are a pro outfit in every sence of the word they are getting out bed in the morning and going to work to make a living they are training every as professional players do our lads are doing a day's work and going too training. Over on the main page someposter put up or will I call him imposter put con o callaghan put on so much muscle from being in the gym for the last 18 months he had plenty of time to do it he does not work full time. If we are going to go pro or semi pro let all the counties do that so as we can have a level playing field for all not for the sports councils and the gaa to give Dublin gaa all they want on kerry radio last nite John o leary the ex Dublin goal keeper was on and he was not asked the hard questions by Tim. Do the Dublin players have a job that they attended all year I think you will find the answer is no to the majority of them. This is not jealousy but yes it is envy. I want a level playing for all and until such time that someone other than a few of us on here asks the hard questions. We will not get a level playing field. What we have here in kerry this year with our young amateur team has been unreal. We'll done PK and team.. Ciarrai abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 502 - 17/09/2019 07:57:50    2236463

Link