Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Ah well we live and learn lads, hopefully this will hurt our team and management for years to come and make us a better team.

Fair play to Dublin.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9984 - 14/09/2019 20:01:05    2235277

Link

They gave it their all, David Moran will have nightmares about that punch I was fearful of the run through the centre Kerry have struggled with that for so long Dublin were deserving winners it takes some doing at any level Limerick won the first football Final played in one won one so a100% record is yours
othe first one in a row !! Going back to today I could not see how Diarmuid O Connor started 2nd half Maybe an earlier introduction of Tommy Walsh and Killian Spillane would have worked but the goal and a point from the two throw ins were killers , j2008 revisited Poor Donie Buckley must be sick of the sight of Dublin. Anyway Kerry gave a great year to their followers Should have done it on the first day you usually don't get a second chance Beidh lá eile ag an bpaorach Well done Dublin

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 20:07:27    2235281

Link

Well done to Dublin 1st of all. They beat us out the gate... I will still by these young kerry lads and I will come back again and support them the joy and pride they have given us this year has been beyond describing. We will learn a lot from this year. As for the hurling County of limerick what does he know about any thing. I should not rise too his bait but I am a proud kerry man and will always remain so..

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 499 - 14/09/2019 20:09:11    2235284

Link

Too many missed chances again. Dublin goal was a joke. Why Didnt Moran catch the throw in? And then to let a player run 70 yards without a challenge is shocking. Am baffled in relation to the 1st 10 to 15 mins of that game. What were the tactics of lobbing the high ball in? I just dont get it. That is where we lost the game. We were 5-1 down before we woke up. We certainly didn't deserve to win this game. We played a totally different game to the drawn match. And again gave Cluxton the easy kick out. I dont get it. To me the management got it all wrong this time around

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 544 - 14/09/2019 20:31:49    2235300

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Well done to Dublin 1st of all. They beat us out the gate... I will still by these young kerry lads and I will come back again and support them the joy and pride they have given us this year has been beyond describing. We will learn a lot from this year. As for the hurling County of limerick what does he know about any thing. I should not rise too his bait but I am a proud kerry man and will always remain so.."
Just to clarify it was u and possibly u only that were bragging about celebrating with sam this week( u better book in if that's the case) you now have to admit and eat humble pie. I was the the one that pointed out from a neutral point that Dublin had more room to improve and that Dublin deserved to make history. Some fantastic ambassadors for the game and Jim Gavin deserves huge credit and got the tactics today spot on compare to PK.

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 14/09/2019 21:06:02    2235320

Link

Replying To aidan64:  "Too many missed chances again. Dublin goal was a joke. Why Didnt Moran catch the throw in? And then to let a player run 70 yards without a challenge is shocking. Am baffled in relation to the 1st 10 to 15 mins of that game. What were the tactics of lobbing the high ball in? I just dont get it. That is where we lost the game. We were 5-1 down before we woke up. We certainly didn't deserve to win this game. We played a totally different game to the drawn match. And again gave Cluxton the easy kick out. I dont get it. To me the management got it all wrong this time around"
You have spot on analysis and yes murchun took about 10 steps for the goal

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 14/09/2019 21:07:15    2235321

Link

Replying To aidan64:  "Too many missed chances again. Dublin goal was a joke. Why Didnt Moran catch the throw in? And then to let a player run 70 yards without a challenge is shocking. Am baffled in relation to the 1st 10 to 15 mins of that game. What were the tactics of lobbing the high ball in? I just dont get it. That is where we lost the game. We were 5-1 down before we woke up. We certainly didn't deserve to win this game. We played a totally different game to the drawn match. And again gave Cluxton the easy kick out. I dont get it. To me the management got it all wrong this time around"
Sincerely hope this management team don't get the lacerating their immediate predecessors got Yes they got calls wrong today but I am sure they made those calls in good faith To me it was unfair to throw Diarmuid O Connor into the fray a lad so young with no mileage up against the juggernaut that is Dublin did not make sense Eamonn and co were criticised for not using Seanie O Shea but I think the extra time gave Seanie the chance to develop I was surprised to see Adrian Spillane and Diarmuid come out for 2 half I fully expected Gavin White and Jack Sherwood would Again the management make the calls they know why But without looking up a book I think you will find Kerry were closer in overall play to a younger Dublin in 2013 evethough the 2 -1 scored in added on time gave a score of 3 - 18 to 3. -11 Priority over winter is to close the gap that allows opposition to murder the running down the centre . Jim Gavin is reputed to have said the year before last that his ambition was to win 5 in a row and silence those 'h...s forever ! Yes Dubs have wrested the mantle from Kerry and will be happy that it was against Kerry the completed the journey . Good luck to them

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 21:43:00    2235336

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "You have spot on analysis and yes murchun took about 10 steps for the goal"
yep and agreed with the 10 steps , but in the drawn game there was 8 steps taken in the Kerry goal !!

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 1889 - 15/09/2019 00:12:51    2235410

Link

Home now lads off the train and I want from the off to say I for one will not critisize our team or side line they have given us a marvel of a year. The last manager would not listen to his helpers on the side and his decisions on the side line made Andy Moran footballer of the year a year's back heaven help us all. We have more young talent to come in during the winter and we will put it to dublin again next year. Hope all are home safe and sound. Ciarrai abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 499 - 15/09/2019 01:37:29    2235440

Link

Kerry did well. The defence is better. They are more battle hardened. They are not made mugs of easy. But... their finishing was dreadful in that second half and they again allowed a Dublin player to sail through from far out the field and score a goal far too easily. A work in progress. Let's not allow two many more to slip through our fingers! (2011 and 2019 by my count this decade alone!!!)

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 15/09/2019 10:33:50    2235484

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "yep and agreed with the 10 steps , but in the drawn game there was 8 steps taken in the Kerry goal !!"
Oh I don't disagree at all with you. All I'm stating is before some said about murchun's goal that kerry were robbed etc etc. Dublin are just a machine and fully deserve to be the first in the history of the game to do 5 in a row. Unfortunately that won't go down well in kerry, but that's life. In games decisions go with u and against you, that's the nature of the game. Tom O Sullivan got off yesterday without even a ticking for the exact same tackle that John copper got done for 2 weeks ago. That's sport.

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 10:54:54    2235497

Link

Fair play to you "Tralee" I could not go yesterday so I watched sky Canavan and Donaghy analysis is easier to take than RTÉ Iwatched in horror those first five mins of each half Dublin ran through the Kerry defence like you know what does through a goose. Why did Kerry abandon the high press on Dublin's kick outs that worked so well the last day ? Tomás and others who know the game pointed out the folly of anchoring Paul Murphy to the "D" allowing Dublin the luxury of the extra man For the life of me could not understand the selection of Diarmuid O Connor (one for the future no doubt) but I was dismayed to see him Adrian Spillane come to at start of 2nd half especially with Jack Sherwood ,Gavin White and Killian Spillane chomping st the bit Just as in 08 Kerry conceded a point and a goal from the 2 throw ins Tommy Walsh would he have made a difference being there with David for both ? I know it is easy to play the game from the armchair with the benefit of hindsight but fact is since Dublin's Star ascended in 2011 3 different management teams Jack O Connor ,Eamonn Fitzmaurice ,and Peter Keane have tried to topple it all with the same success serious work needs to be done on the centre of Kerry's defence A salutary but frightening thought the core of Dublins team are around the25 mark they are not going away Just as Andy Moran did in17 Kieran Kilkenny or Con OCallaghan more than likely will win player of the year based on their performance against Kerry's defence yesterday I am behind PK as you all him but have the outmost respect for what went before him Being beaten in 2 finals in one year is I suppose progress
I look forward to Kerry's progress it will be measured against Dublin who now don the mantle of The Greatest there has to be a second also . Well done to all

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 15/09/2019 10:58:20    2235499

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Home now lads off the train and I want from the off to say I for one will not critisize our team or side line they have given us a marvel of a year. The last manager would not listen to his helpers on the side and his decisions on the side line made Andy Moran footballer of the year a year's back heaven help us all. We have more young talent to come in during the winter and we will put it to dublin again next year. Hope all are home safe and sound. Ciarrai abu"
Sour grapes toward Andy Moran now???!!!. My god I can't believe this. And any supporter should never critise their team or management, true supporters stick through thick and thin with their county

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 11:00:45    2235500

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "Sour grapes toward Andy Moran now???!!!. My god I can't believe this. And any supporter should never critise their team or management, true supporters stick through thick and thin with their county"
Sticking the knife deep is our Limerick friend lol. You have plenty to say on the Kerry forum yet you never utter a word on the Limerick forum, Very strange i must admit. Get out and enjoy the sunshine i suggest and work harder on the 'Trolling'.

GreenAndGold74 (Kerry) - Posts: 94 - 15/09/2019 11:42:25    2235519

Link

Well all, just a quick visit to say hard luck yesterday.
It was a great occasion and game and deserving of the history made.
This Kerry team will surely win an AI in the future but once they failed to overcome a 14 man Dublin the first day it wasn't likely.
I don't think ye can have any complaints about the referee either as ye got most of of the calls yesterday.
Here's to the history made and all to play for next year.
Up the Dubs!

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2148 - 15/09/2019 11:45:59    2235524

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Fair play to you "Tralee" I could not go yesterday so I watched sky Canavan and Donaghy analysis is easier to take than RTÉ Iwatched in horror those first five mins of each half Dublin ran through the Kerry defence like you know what does through a goose. Why did Kerry abandon the high press on Dublin's kick outs that worked so well the last day ? Tomás and others who know the game pointed out the folly of anchoring Paul Murphy to the "D" allowing Dublin the luxury of the extra man For the life of me could not understand the selection of Diarmuid O Connor (one for the future no doubt) but I was dismayed to see him Adrian Spillane come to at start of 2nd half especially with Jack Sherwood ,Gavin White and Killian Spillane chomping st the bit Just as in 08 Kerry conceded a point and a goal from the 2 throw ins Tommy Walsh would he have made a difference being there with David for both ? I know it is easy to play the game from the armchair with the benefit of hindsight but fact is since Dublin's Star ascended in 2011 3 different management teams Jack O Connor ,Eamonn Fitzmaurice ,and Peter Keane have tried to topple it all with the same success serious work needs to be done on the centre of Kerry's defence A salutary but frightening thought the core of Dublins team are around the25 mark they are not going away Just as Andy Moran did in17 Kieran Kilkenny or Con OCallaghan more than likely will win player of the year based on their performance against Kerry's defence yesterday I am behind PK as you all him but have the outmost respect for what went before him Being beaten in 2 finals in one year is I suppose progress
I look forward to Kerry's progress it will be measured against Dublin who now don the mantle of The Greatest there has to be a second also . Well done to all"
Very well put piece

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 11:51:47    2235528

Link

Well lads, hope everyone got home ok. These are dark days :(

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 15/09/2019 11:51:57    2235529

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "Oh I don't disagree at all with you. All I'm stating is before some said about murchun's goal that kerry were robbed etc etc. Dublin are just a machine and fully deserve to be the first in the history of the game to do 5 in a row. Unfortunately that won't go down well in kerry, but that's life. In games decisions go with u and against you, that's the nature of the game. Tom O Sullivan got off yesterday without even a ticking for the exact same tackle that John copper got done for 2 weeks ago. That's sport."
You need to learn your history boy, the Kerry minors won 5 in a row only last year while the Kerry juniors completed 5 in a row only 2 months ago.

Maybe you should go read a book or go out and train a football or hurling team instead of coming on here taking shite.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9984 - 15/09/2019 12:03:22    2235532

Link

Replying To GreenAndGold74:  "Sticking the knife deep is our Limerick friend lol. You have plenty to say on the Kerry forum yet you never utter a word on the Limerick forum, Very strange i must admit. Get out and enjoy the sunshine i suggest and work harder on the 'Trolling'."
Ignore him and just be thankful your life has a bit more going on in it.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 15/09/2019 12:03:57    2235533

Link

Replying To GreenAndGold74:  "Sticking the knife deep is our Limerick friend lol. You have plenty to say on the Kerry forum yet you never utter a word on the Limerick forum, Very strange i must admit. Get out and enjoy the sunshine i suggest and work harder on the 'Trolling'."
Ignore him and just be thankful your life has a bit more going on in it.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 15/09/2019 12:04:28    2235534

Link