Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Great poetry 37 some pity you could not see this about 3 months ago when you could not see we were coming good

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 534 - 13/09/2019 20:39:25    2235094

Link

I never met an ordinary Kerryman in my life as John B Keane declared " being born a Kerryman in my opinion is the greatest gift that God can bestow on any man.When you belong to Kerry you know you have a head start on the other fellow" who am I to argue with the sagacity of the scribe of Listowel ! Joking apart announcing an unchanged team is a positive tinkering would only give the impression of dissatisfaction Of course should they be beaten we will have the bar room philosophers saying " how could he have left so and so on after the last day and I knew we would be beaten the very minute I heard the team" Not even Coady or Mick O Dwyer we're immune to that sort of thing . Kerry are there 2 weeks longer than I thought possible after the game in Ennis Mega improvement in defence which I hope continues tomorrow still a mountain to climb but they can and I believe will do it Arís eile Ciarraí Abù and hump the begrudges. Sleep well down there in the green valley .Tomorrow sees a bright new dawn .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 13/09/2019 20:44:15    2235095

Link

3 months ago with Jack Sherwood at full back , Paul Murphy at and a spluttering centrefield Kerry we're going nowhere Go back to then I suggested a midfield slot for Sherwood a fit Gavin Crowley at 6 to shore up the hole in the middle that was plain to be seen. A starting spot for Killian Spillane and bonus of all bonuses Tommy Walsh coming good as he has done these things happened the jigsaw unravelled. As yet it' s fingers crossed I do hope the defence has a stormer again One very negative thing that I have seen Peter Crowley squirting water on a Dublin player just shows no county has a monopoly on unsporting actions if it were a Tyrone or Dublin player what would Kerry say ?!

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 13/09/2019 21:03:31    2235098

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "The butterflies have set in!! Can't wait for this. I'm usually a day tripper but I'm staying the night this time and will be going on the lash in town after with some old friends hopefully we'll be celebrating!!

Is it just me or were tickets an absolute nightmare this time? I live in Kilkenny so presumably most went to Dublin / Kerry or something but I've never had such a struggle, and two of the group I'm meeting are still not sorted.

I've given up trying to analyse anything at this stage because both teams will probably have a surprise in the line up. God willing it goes our way

Safe travels guys"
No agree I found tickets extremely hard this year left work had to drive to Galway for one, then back to Tralee for another but he thanks God sorted but only in last few hours.

Hermit appreciate the offer here, you're a gent.

Happy with team but actually leaning towards starting Tommy, why wait to chase the game when we have the option to put them on the back foot. The only one capable if marking Tommy is James McCarthy which takes one of their best players out of the middle- that would be a serious win win.

Any of ye listen to Matt Cooper tonight ' Jacko made a pile of sense. I was in total agreement with him. I see a few pundits are no backing us with a few more calling a second draw

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4342 - 13/09/2019 21:11:41    2235099

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Kingdom boy / hermit / you guys are the real supporters you have stuck by us through thick and through thin and there is a few others as well. We win on sat. Ciarrai abu"
Yerra we do our best Gerry boy , but in fairness you're the best supporter of us all coming over from London and raising your family with a love for our beautiful county.

And in fairness to 37 he's a great supporter of Kerry as well, he travels from Sligo and goes to a load of club games and enlightens me in particular about good young lads coming through the ranks from other parts of the county and is a good poet as well.

I bet if yourself and 37 met ye'd have some craic talking about Kerry football even though ye come from different backgrounds.

Football is the great leveler and it's brings us all together for the good of our county and we're all on the same side at the end of the day and sure aren't we all hoping for and expecting a big performance from our warriors brave and bold who still aspire to the Sam Maguire in the kingdoms green and gold.

Hon the kingdom.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10195 - 13/09/2019 21:21:11    2235101

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Yerra we do our best Gerry boy , but in fairness you're the best supporter of us all coming over from London and raising your family with a love for our beautiful county.

And in fairness to 37 he's a great supporter of Kerry as well, he travels from Sligo and goes to a load of club games and enlightens me in particular about good young lads coming through the ranks from other parts of the county and is a good poet as well.

I bet if yourself and 37 met ye'd have some craic talking about Kerry football even though ye come from different backgrounds.

Football is the great leveler and it's brings us all together for the good of our county and we're all on the same side at the end of the day and sure aren't we all hoping for and expecting a big performance from our warriors brave and bold who still aspire to the Sam Maguire in the kingdoms green and gold.

Hon the kingdom."
Great post K'boy, you're right football is a great leveler and common denominator, you know sometime we should try meet up somewhere after a game and right the football wrongs of the world.

T'would be some debate

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4342 - 13/09/2019 22:32:47    2235117

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Yerra we do our best Gerry boy , but in fairness you're the best supporter of us all coming over from London and raising your family with a love for our beautiful county.

Hon the kingdom."
Speak for yourself, what would the likes of I in my Castle in Stacks Mt have in common with some farm hand like you Kingdomboy?!!!
Ha ha you've more under the matress than I'll ever see I bet ;)
Glad you got sorted Horse, had a spare one in the end but it's not great, next to the Hill in the Cusack. Co. Board give out some crap!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5194 - 13/09/2019 22:35:27    2235118

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Great post K'boy, you're right football is a great leveler and common denominator, you know sometime we should try meet up somewhere after a game and right the football wrongs of the world.

T'would be some debate"
Ha ha horse if we all got together it would be like a G7 summit ;-) we could do some damage to a barrel of Harp I'd say :-) jays you had to go to some trouble to get tickets fair play and god be good to us you'll get your reward this evening .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10195 - 14/09/2019 07:57:48    2235145

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Speak for yourself, what would the likes of I in my Castle in Stacks Mt have in common with some farm hand like you Kingdomboy?!!!
Ha ha you've more under the matress than I'll ever see I bet ;)
Glad you got sorted Horse, had a spare one in the end but it's not great, next to the Hill in the Cusack. Co. Board give out some crap!!"
Iv got a permanent arch in my back from all the money under my mattress bud :-) it's hard work keeping count of it :-0

And hi we'd get on fine I'm sure , with both of us being good honest mountainy men with an agricultural background.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10195 - 14/09/2019 08:03:16    2235146

Link

Lads I am on the train for Dublin. I am still of the opinion we will take Sam home and kerry really is his spiritual home. My heart is beating fast and I barely speak about the game without getting emotional what a week we will have next week celebrating with Sam)

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 534 - 14/09/2019 08:45:16    2235149

Link

Well lads and lassies this is it, safe travels and please God our young warriors slay the blue beast.

You asked what's the secret of Kerry
And often I wished that I knew,
Twill doubtless seem odd though born on the sod
That question has puzzled me too,
You see the lad work in the meadow
As he tosses the hay without rest
And he yearns for the lengthening shadow
As the sun slowly sinks in the West.
Then he harks for the thud of a football
And things more important must yield
For nothing must stay in a Kerry man's way
When the ball bounces high in the field.

Up our Mighty Kingdom!!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5194 - 14/09/2019 10:02:23    2235156

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well lads and lassies this is it, safe travels and please God our young warriors slay the blue beast.

You asked what's the secret of Kerry
And often I wished that I knew,
Twill doubtless seem odd though born on the sod
That question has puzzled me too,
You see the lad work in the meadow
As he tosses the hay without rest
And he yearns for the lengthening shadow
As the sun slowly sinks in the West.
Then he harks for the thud of a football
And things more important must yield
For nothing must stay in a Kerry man's way
When the ball bounces high in the field.

Up our Mighty Kingdom!!!!"
Fear not you hordes from Kerry
On this All Ireland day
Another troop of heroes
Will make the Jackeens pay
Your destiny is settled
As you near the Holy Ground
For you seek what you have lost
Today it will be found
From Shane right through to Stephen
Gazelles so fleet of foot
Will supply the ammunition
To O Shea's unerring boot
Fear not Gavins army
For the top you must aspire
From your dream you can awaken
He 's yours the Sam Maguire
Go n-eirí leo
(Anticipating 7:30 pm 14/9 2019)

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 11:08:50    2235165

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads I am on the train for Dublin. I am still of the opinion we will take Sam home and kerry really is his spiritual home. My heart is beating fast and I barely speak about the game without getting emotional what a week we will have next week celebrating with Sam)"
Fair play to you Gerry boy, we're hurtling towards limerick ourselves along the old coast road and as I look out across the Shannon river on this beautiful sunny day with yachts and small currachs My mind could be back home in Dingle or in Monaco or Miami but my mind is totally focused our our young Kerry warriors and the big game ahead of us this evening.

An Riocht Abu.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10195 - 14/09/2019 12:24:47    2235179

Link

Kingdomboy you are that wonderful part of West kerry where the passion for all things Gaa is the best in world. My great hero and warrior paudi would he not love to here today but I am sure he is looking down on us and will push and urge these young warriors on. 37 I wish you the best today. May we have the strength and courage today. Ciarrai abu

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 534 - 14/09/2019 14:14:27    2235198

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Kingdomboy you are that wonderful part of West kerry where the passion for all things Gaa is the best in world. My great hero and warrior paudi would he not love to here today but I am sure he is looking down on us and will push and urge these young warriors on. 37 I wish you the best today. May we have the strength and courage today. Ciarrai abu"
Likewise, Tralee bring Sam home , he has enough of Molly Malones fish by now!

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 15:30:49    2235204

Link

15 gone hole in the middle again !

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 18:15:55    2235238

Link

What a first half !!

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 14/09/2019 18:55:44    2235247

Link

In fairness history has been made. I'm Delighted for this magnificent Dublin outfit. And some here cudnt see the writing on the walls in first game.. Or more ye didn't want to see the writing. Dublin Abu, history makers

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 14/09/2019 19:39:06    2235255

Link

And in fairness lads most of ye were more hopeful than confident but one or two of ye blowed all week about winning. Ye must be men now and accept Dublin are some super team.

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 14/09/2019 19:43:33    2235258

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads I am on the train for Dublin. I am still of the opinion we will take Sam home and kerry really is his spiritual home. My heart is beating fast and I barely speak about the game without getting emotional what a week we will have next week celebrating with Sam)"
Got this one badly wrong lad!

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 14/09/2019 19:50:36    2235269

Link