Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To traleeexile:  "You are being negative and I genuinely believe Kerry will take more POSITIVES out of drawn game.
No doubt you will be full square behind your neighbours the next day."
Just to clarify I would have liked to see kerry stop Dublin as it isn't any good in football or hurling for one team to dominate.... But I was replying to the question posed about "Watergate". If it was the other way around ye would be tearing the place down giving out about a sideline mentor from opposing team doing same. In relation to replay for what it is worth but some here will just think I'm having a go., I think kerry missed their chance. While kerry possibly can improve slightly, there's massive potential for Dublin improvement. I was more hopeful before final that kerry could catch the dubs but going on what I saw I can see Dublin winning replay by 4+ pts. 14 men v 15men for 40mins????and Dublin still cud have sneaked it and everyone must agree Dublin were very poor be that not allowed to play or just caught on the hop and over cocky. Ask this question, if kerry had managed to pull a draw all those years ago in the drive for 5 v offaly, who would have won replay?? You can be sure and certain kerry would have

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 05/09/2019 16:13:38    2233087

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Our Limerick boy is back I see :)
Must check out the Limerick Forum myself."
Ole carrier pigeon from across the border is slow and getting my messages up!

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 05/09/2019 16:14:31    2233088

Link

Replying To kerryforsam19:  "for replay going with

1.Ryan
2.Foley
3.Morley
4.Sullivan
5.Murphy
6.Crowley
7.White
8.Moran
9.Barry
10.Moynihan
11.Shea
12.O'Brien
13.Clifford
14.(P)Geaney
15.K.Spillane

Tom Welsh, O'Beaglach, Enright, Donoghue(if fit), Sherwood and Lyne coming off the bench."
?? Begley dropped ? He completely marked Scully out of the game ??
?? Adrian Spillane not even on the panel??
?? Dara Moynihan starting ??

3 Crazy calls

My Team (Whilst trying to summons my inner PK)
1. Ryan
2. Foley
3. Morley
4. O'Sullivan
5. Murphy (Not Sweeper, Marks one of the wing forwards)
6. Crowley
7. Begley
8. Moran
9. Barry
10. A Spillane (If Cian O'Sullivan starts and goes as the sweeper, Adrian should push up on him)
11 O'Shea
12 O'Brien (Give him McCafferry duties, nothing else)
13 Clifford
14 Walsh (Even if you take him off and back on)
15 Geaney

16. K Spillane (Fresh Dangerous Legs for last 20 mins)
17. G White (Any player in the half back or half forward line gets injured or tired Throw him in)
18. Sherwood (In for A Spillane or Barry, whoever not going well or tires out first)
19. Griffin (Bit of Strength needed towards the end)
20. Enright /Lyne / Moynihan

I would not risk bringing on James O'Donoghue. if he has any part to play the next day the should start him, if he does well all is good but if he pulls up or isn't performing you can sub him. Worst thing that could happen is if he comes on and hobbles off or isnt up to the pace of the game / has a nightmare and is brought back off again.

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 65 - 05/09/2019 17:35:00    2233109

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "?? Begley dropped ? He completely marked Scully out of the game ??
?? Adrian Spillane not even on the panel??
?? Dara Moynihan starting ??

3 Crazy calls

My Team (Whilst trying to summons my inner PK)
1. Ryan
2. Foley
3. Morley
4. O'Sullivan
5. Murphy (Not Sweeper, Marks one of the wing forwards)
6. Crowley
7. Begley
8. Moran
9. Barry
10. A Spillane (If Cian O'Sullivan starts and goes as the sweeper, Adrian should push up on him)
11 O'Shea
12 O'Brien (Give him McCafferry duties, nothing else)
13 Clifford
14 Walsh (Even if you take him off and back on)
15 Geaney

16. K Spillane (Fresh Dangerous Legs for last 20 mins)
17. G White (Any player in the half back or half forward line gets injured or tired Throw him in)
18. Sherwood (In for A Spillane or Barry, whoever not going well or tires out first)
19. Griffin (Bit of Strength needed towards the end)
20. Enright /Lyne / Moynihan

I would not risk bringing on James O'Donoghue. if he has any part to play the next day the should start him, if he does well all is good but if he pulls up or isn't performing you can sub him. Worst thing that could happen is if he comes on and hobbles off or isnt up to the pace of the game / has a nightmare and is brought back off again."
On the last point, I think at this stage Keane has earned the trust and confidence of all of us for his team selections. What I mean by that specifically is that if JOD is named on the bench that we should have the confidence that Keane knows he can play a role and can make a contribution from there.
Look last week plenty of people would have seriously questioned starting Barry given he played next to no football all summer. And yet he took to the field and played a blinder!

If Killian does start next day we have no corner forward on the bench so if JOD has been showing in training than I think he should be there as an option, but I'd also agree with you that it might make more sense to start him rather than springing him from the sideline later on.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5412 - 05/09/2019 20:11:26    2233134

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "On the last point, I think at this stage Keane has earned the trust and confidence of all of us for his team selections. What I mean by that specifically is that if JOD is named on the bench that we should have the confidence that Keane knows he can play a role and can make a contribution from there.
Look last week plenty of people would have seriously questioned starting Barry given he played next to no football all summer. And yet he took to the field and played a blinder!

If Killian does start next day we have no corner forward on the bench so if JOD has been showing in training than I think he should be there as an option, but I'd also agree with you that it might make more sense to start him rather than springing him from the sideline later on."
I like that line up.
Would be tough call if JOD makes the bench on someone else at this stage.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 05/09/2019 21:44:57    2233153

Link

Tommy is getting the confidence back. That will give us options both as a scorer and ball winning attributes further out the field. A confident Tommy nullifies a serious player for Dublin as they will have to move McCarthy back. Think back to league game McCarthy scored 3 from play but ended up back on Tommy with Gavin subbing Cooper that night.

Taking McCarthy out of the middle will hurt them.

But putting the Tommy debate to one side, I'd debate starting Seanie inside with DC with Geaney on the 40. This was tested in Navan. Actually if you consider every aspect of our play was test driven in league and early championship

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 06/09/2019 00:02:33    2233187

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Tommy is getting the confidence back. That will give us options both as a scorer and ball winning attributes further out the field. A confident Tommy nullifies a serious player for Dublin as they will have to move McCarthy back. Think back to league game McCarthy scored 3 from play but ended up back on Tommy with Gavin subbing Cooper that night.

Taking McCarthy out of the middle will hurt them.

But putting the Tommy debate to one side, I'd debate starting Seanie inside with DC with Geaney on the 40. This was tested in Navan. Actually if you consider every aspect of our play was test driven in league and early championship"
Well PK was true to his word then at the start of the League where he said it was all about finding players and options.
I like that idea Horse, SOS and DC are fine big men, well able to take high ball! SOS had a great game in Navan and Paul showed the last day he can be useful in the pocket role.
Problem is Navan wasn't a great display overall, not sure if you were up there but I was and we struggled to break down the Meath defence, but in fairness defence is Meath's trump card.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5412 - 06/09/2019 10:17:19    2233236

Link

Replying To traleeexile:  "I like that line up.
Would be tough call if JOD makes the bench on someone else at this stage."
If JOD is fit I'd have him in the 26 all day long. He is as committed as anybody. Only the management and medical team know the status of his injuries though. It struck me the last day that we had a lot of defenders on the bench and really only Tommy, Killian and Dara in the forwards. Another option is always good, particularly if you have to use an early sub for injury or something.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1743 - 06/09/2019 10:25:29    2233240

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well PK was true to his word then at the start of the League where he said it was all about finding players and options.
I like that idea Horse, SOS and DC are fine big men, well able to take high ball! SOS had a great game in Navan and Paul showed the last day he can be useful in the pocket role.
Problem is Navan wasn't a great display overall, not sure if you were up there but I was and we struggled to break down the Meath defence, but in fairness defence is Meath's trump card."
I was above hermit, but it was a game we were never in danger of losing.

I just recall certain league game where certain aspects of play or pre determined set ups or plans were test driven at various stages.

The master plan was half revealed last week. The gut tells me there is north to come.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 06/09/2019 11:05:58    2233247

Link

Did they name the team yet

chicago09 (Kerry) - Posts: 661 - 06/09/2019 20:34:14    2233371

Link

Replying To chicago09:  "Did they name the team yet"
I think your a week ahead of yourself buddy lol. This night week more likely the team named i'd say myself.

GreenAndGold74 (Kerry) - Posts: 123 - 06/09/2019 20:49:35    2233373

Link

Replying To chicago09:  "Did they name the team yet"
Game isn't until Sat 14th of September, so no teams not named yet. Probably wont be named until Thursday the 12th of September.

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 65 - 06/09/2019 20:52:25    2233376

Link

Tomas O Se as a bolter lads.
What did Dublin kill us with in 2011 2013 and 2015 and 16 ?
Speed off the bench. Run at them draw the fouls.
We need something different next week.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1224 - 06/09/2019 22:47:26    2233392

Link

Replying To westkerry:  "Tomas O Se as a bolter lads.
What did Dublin kill us with in 2011 2013 and 2015 and 16 ?
Speed off the bench. Run at them draw the fouls.
We need something different next week."
I played under a well know coach who's mantra for semi finals and drawn games was ' show them what you are about, then completely change it'

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 07/09/2019 10:33:55    2233417

Link

Lads this time next week, will it be ectasy or agony? Can't believe we've a week to get through!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5412 - 07/09/2019 20:11:05    2233465

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Lads this time next week, will it be ectasy or agony? Can't believe we've a week to get through!!!"
If our backs can replicate Sunday's performance then we will win.
Our forwards will improve but we need to shut their forwards down again and it's a big ask.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1224 - 07/09/2019 20:35:17    2233471

Link

Lads in awful confident, I was hopeful of a good performance last week and felt if we did we'd rattle them.

Lads we have to bare in mind PK has only lost twice in his inter county management botj as minor and Senior - both to same opposition - an opposition we learned from and totally blitz'd when it mattered. Whst does that tell us? Our management learn from mistakes and tackle head on areas failing from previous experience. Mayo is testament to this, bullied and horsed put of it, but when it mattered on super 8's we learned and went for the jugular- it's the same again next week you"ll see us develop or evolve another notch.

We have a team on both sides of the line that have star qualities. I'm expecting another top notch performance and Sam on the M7 cone this time next week

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 07/09/2019 21:19:42    2233480

Link

Good lad horse. Sam will winter well.

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 594 - 07/09/2019 21:44:23    2233483

Link

At the risk of raising the head above the chopping board, haven't the wums online given us a wide berth since last Sunday.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 08/09/2019 00:16:03    2233496

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "At the risk of raising the head above the chopping board, haven't the wums online given us a wide berth since last Sunday."
Says all you need to know, amazing when Kerry have a dip in fortunes they are like flies to manure but when it looks like we're on the cusp of another era of success they scurry back to their caves :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5412 - 08/09/2019 10:29:00    2233514

Link