National Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To sam1884:  "Team of the decade was a silly argument, won't be compared to a team winning 5 in a row. One only has to look at how famous Offaly's 1982 All Ireland became; right up to the current day to see the impact a Dublin win would have. Don't estimate the amount of attention it will get, it will go into Irish history and it'll put Dublin GAA at the centre of the new media age. It's actually why I think Kerry will find a way to win next Sunday, their tradition is being questioned and a Kerry team having that questioned is very dangerous - Kerry will be ready and put on a performance that will shock Dublin."
Thats a good post, i happen to agree, i can see Kerry performing with an extra 20% then they usually against us in the game. Stop Dublin and they will be a team in the hearts and minds of the GAA folklore until the end of time, like Offaly 82, even in their own county they will go down as the guardians of their proud tradition. For Kerry to be the start and bookend of a five in a row roe Dublin, is a massive dagger for them, acknowledged or unacknowledged. we know the score.

Its why i think Kerry will be dangerous, we will need to be at our very best, this is a lot closer then the narrative suggests and the bookies think, by the very context of the game.

We have no right to win the All Ireland we have to prove it and dig very, very deep to earn it.

We will respect Kerry, but we wont fear them. If Kerry win i would be the first to congratulate them because they will have earned it.

Ultimate focus required, i feel the build up is going our way.

Im still gutted we lost the U21 final to be honest.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2668 - 20/08/2019 16:57:22    2227950

Link

Replying To sam1884:  "Team of the decade was a silly argument, won't be compared to a team winning 5 in a row. One only has to look at how famous Offaly's 1982 All Ireland became; right up to the current day to see the impact a Dublin win would have. Don't estimate the amount of attention it will get, it will go into Irish history and it'll put Dublin GAA at the centre of the new media age. It's actually why I think Kerry will find a way to win next Sunday, their tradition is being questioned and a Kerry team having that questioned is very dangerous - Kerry will be ready and put on a performance that will shock Dublin."
Completely agree. When all the banter, and that's what it is, has emptied from the wind-up tanks, it's 15v15. Two great footballing counties, always trying to get one up on the other. Stopping a 5 will be as prestigious as winning a 5. Kerry will know that and Jim will know that. This is a very good Kerry team and they have enough talent to topple the Dubs if the Jacks are not firing on all cylinders. We've been slow to start this year and it took us 37m the last day to click. Luckily the game was still retrievable thanks to Mayo's poor use of possession. Kerry will be more efficient and the prize of immortality in stopping the 5 will give them a turbo boost, no doubt. This will be closer than the bookies suggest.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 3824 - 20/08/2019 17:27:19    2227958

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Thats a good post, i happen to agree, i can see Kerry performing with an extra 20% then they usually against us in the game. Stop Dublin and they will be a team in the hearts and minds of the GAA folklore until the end of time, like Offaly 82, even in their own county they will go down as the guardians of their proud tradition. For Kerry to be the start and bookend of a five in a row roe Dublin, is a massive dagger for them, acknowledged or unacknowledged. we know the score.

Its why i think Kerry will be dangerous, we will need to be at our very best, this is a lot closer then the narrative suggests and the bookies think, by the very context of the game.

We have no right to win the All Ireland we have to prove it and dig very, very deep to earn it.

We will respect Kerry, but we wont fear them. If Kerry win i would be the first to congratulate them because they will have earned it.

Ultimate focus required, i feel the build up is going our way.

Im still gutted we lost the U21 final to be honest."
Cork gave ye some hammering and Dublin were lucky as Cork weren't even at full tilt on the day.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9351 - 20/08/2019 18:15:56    2227978

Link

Honestly lads might be reading a bit much into Kerry want to be the team to stop the 5 in row and it'll motivate us more than normal.
The fans might like that romantic idea but sport is not like that.
Lads going for 6 or 7 all Irelands against a team practically out of minor.
Kerry are further down the line than they should be in their development but nobody knows how young lads with perform when the heat of 82,000 people come down on them.
Would love it to be like 75 all over again but there's no long grass between Dingle and Jones RD anymore.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1204 - 20/08/2019 18:54:10    2227994

Link

Replying To JoeSoap:  "Jaysus do some of you not get bored posting the same circular nonsense about who will feel the pressure more or less, what the match means, media campaigns and all that nonsense. There's a heap of interesting aspects to this game but with so many of you posting a load of guff it's making me not want to watch the feckin thing."
Well said, a brilliant Dublin team on the brink of legendary status V a very talented, proud and determined young Kerry side.
Its just magic, but sure home in on the negatives if thats what gets you off lads.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7617 - 20/08/2019 19:23:15    2228001

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Cork gave ye some hammering and Dublin were lucky as Cork weren't even at full tilt on the day."
Ya, look Cork are a good underage team. For once ye might have some competition

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 923 - 20/08/2019 19:37:49    2228007

Link

Replying To catch22:  "Ya, look Cork are a good underage team. For once ye might have some competition"
We might have some competition for once? :-)

You must be another of the 2011 brigade as Cork haven given us loads of competition down through the years and vise versa .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9351 - 21/08/2019 12:30:47    2228173

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "We might have some competition for once? :-)

You must be another of the 2011 brigade as Cork haven given us loads of competition down through the years and vise versa ."
Kerry 81 Munster titles V Cork 37 Munster titles , you must be another of the cute hoor brigade -:)

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 1762 - 21/08/2019 14:30:27    2228235

Link