Galway Forum

Galway Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Why didn't they get behind K W??? You are obviously wearing glasses that only allow one view. At lesst you know now that we know you couldnt play under a manager from the West. There is a worse name for that than negative."
Kevin was given a fair chance and had huge support in north Galway initially. But in all honesty the football was shocking to watch most of the time and you could see it in the players efforts some of the time. Sean Armstrong even said it on a podcast that Kevin really just wants to coach defence.

We hit a brick wall this year- hammered in Croke Park by Dublin, struggled into a Connacht final nearly drawing with London and collapsed in a heap against Roscommon. Then we were beaten out the gate in Limerick.

Like I don't care who gets the managers job once we attempt to play football in the a style like Mayo do- backs mark their men, attack at will and leave nothing in the tank. You can't say Galway teams have always given everything under Kevin.

lowballplease (Galway) - Posts: 855 - 19/09/2019 10:50:54    2237488

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Of course I will get behind Galway, I am a Galwegian I get behind my County no matter who is in Charge. The other side that has that problem. Looking forward to challenging the Dubs with our new wonderful open, attacking style of play and winning All Irelands. Just because I point out your talking seafóid, doesen' t mean I stop supporting my County, stronger supporters here, we don't stop supporting just because our Cousins dont get Manager Job."
You shouldn't use "we" when its ur opinion. From the sarcasm in ur post it looks as if u want new management to fail. KEVIN is gone he resigned, move on.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 113 - 19/09/2019 12:26:59    2237520

Link

This topic is Galway 2020 lads not 2019! Lets look forward.

I've asked a few times but got no reply......whats the story with Evan Murphy (I am not based in Galway so don't see the club games). Is he back from injury, how is he going etc etc???

He had huge potential and looked to have the build for the game

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 988 - 19/09/2019 13:40:13    2237545

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "This topic is Galway 2020 lads not 2019! Lets look forward.

I've asked a few times but got no reply......whats the story with Evan Murphy (I am not based in Galway so don't see the club games). Is he back from injury, how is he going etc etc???

He had huge potential and looked to have the build for the game"
No haven't herd his name in a long time. Perhaps hes playing in America for summer, even though he should be back at this stage.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 113 - 19/09/2019 14:31:50    2237566

Link

Gaillimh go deo. Gach beannacht agus ádh ar Condae na Gaillimhe sa mbliain 2020. Craobh na Héireann SAM le Cúnamh Dé.

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1592 - 20/09/2019 01:14:23    2237730

Link

Replying To Toman:  "No haven't herd his name in a long time. Perhaps hes playing in America for summer, even though he should be back at this stage."
Think for whatever reason he wasn't in U20 squad last year. He had signed for Galway Utd and was very highly rated playing Centre Half. But i think he went back playing with Salthill for Championship and got injured there. My timelines might be mixed up something like that!!

He looked a class act and very physically developed. I always worry about players who maybe are not ready for breakthrough to senior but are just too old for underage. Once out of the system is it just self fullfilling i.e. they are not getting the coaching/S&C/nutritional programs so they just fall behind inter county level? Hopefully not the case here.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 988 - 20/09/2019 08:47:29    2237749

Link

Would love to know how many Galway Football Season ticket holders there are. One thing I would love to see is a bit of support in 2020. We as a county dont deserve a top team based on the level of support. I would say we are not even in the top 16. I would love to see people out supporting the team.

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 290 - 20/09/2019 09:56:58    2237767

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "This topic is Galway 2020 lads not 2019! Lets look forward.

He had huge potential and looked to have the build for the game"
He got a bad injury and is still in recovery. Should be back in action next year.

westest (Galway) - Posts: 35 - 20/09/2019 10:33:29    2237776

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Gaillimh go deo. Gach beannacht agus ádh ar Condae na Gaillimhe sa mbliain 2020. Craobh na Héireann SAM le Cúnamh Dé."
Agree

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 113 - 20/09/2019 10:52:48    2237782

Link

Replying To johnterry:  "Would love to know how many Galway Football Season ticket holders there are. One thing I would love to see is a bit of support in 2020. We as a county dont deserve a top team based on the level of support. I would say we are not even in the top 16. I would love to see people out supporting the team."
there were plenty of people at galway matches this year- hurling and football. And in fairness watching the football served up the past few years you'd have to say fair play to them.

lowballplease (Galway) - Posts: 855 - 20/09/2019 11:10:05    2237788

Link

Replying To lowballplease:  "there were plenty of people at galway matches this year- hurling and football. And in fairness watching the football served up the past few years you'd have to say fair play to them."
I would have gone to all the football games home and away except the Monaghan game, Wouldn't be a fan of ultra defensive football but when you are at the games and get caught up in the game,you don;t notice it as much, When you watch it on TV like I did with the Monaghan match ,it was painful . Watching a match on TV is totally different to watching live and you only get a limited view on TV.
This might stir it but my own opinion is ,you are entitled to criticise games and have an opinion even if i don;t agree with you once you pay to go to watch the games,What galls me is the criticisim on social media in relation to Galway football from people whom I know don't go to games. I know of 2 in particular from THE most successful club in years whom do loads of giving out about Galway football on social media but don't even go to Corofin matches ,don't mind Galway matches.

fairplay4ever (Galway) - Posts: 327 - 20/09/2019 14:19:08    2237830

Link

Replying To fairplay4ever:  "I would have gone to all the football games home and away except the Monaghan game, Wouldn't be a fan of ultra defensive football but when you are at the games and get caught up in the game,you don;t notice it as much, When you watch it on TV like I did with the Monaghan match ,it was painful . Watching a match on TV is totally different to watching live and you only get a limited view on TV.
This might stir it but my own opinion is ,you are entitled to criticise games and have an opinion even if i don;t agree with you once you pay to go to watch the games,What galls me is the criticisim on social media in relation to Galway football from people whom I know don't go to games. I know of 2 in particular from THE most successful club in years whom do loads of giving out about Galway football on social media but don't even go to Corofin matches ,don't mind Galway matches."
I was at the Monaghan game last year the roscommon and mayo game this year and several others. I came home from each and everyone saying the same thing. Ie of we had a go and ran at them we could have won.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 113 - 20/09/2019 14:49:46    2237838

Link

Replying To Toman:  "I was at the Monaghan game last year the roscommon and mayo game this year and several others. I came home from each and everyone saying the same thing. Ie of we had a go and ran at them we could have won."
Was talking about the Monaghan League game and League plus championship,Like I said ,respect your opinion once you go to enough games to justify one

fairplay4ever (Galway) - Posts: 327 - 20/09/2019 17:12:06    2237872

Link

yes i agree with some of the posters- i titled the post 2020 so as to look forward and not back....was hoping the new management would have been in place for the knockout phase of the championship in order to see the majority of players available first hand....who knows maybe he or they will be there!!

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 531 - 20/09/2019 19:03:07    2237898

Link