Roscommon Forum

Dr Hyde Park Development.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To The_analyser:  "And great to see that planning permission has been granted for those upgrade works which includes new toilets,dressing rooms,turnstiles and the current dusty pathways getting tarmacked."
That's good news.I wonder when the works are likely to be completed.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1175 - 20/08/2019 17:51:37    2227970

Link

Replying To endgame:  "That's good news.I wonder when the works are likely to be completed."
Has to be done In time for next year championship. If we are drawn against Mayo,Galway in Connacht next year we are due a home game against both and even a semi final will draw 20k plus to the hyde so its important that the works are completed and the 18k restricted capacity is lifted.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2636 - 21/08/2019 15:25:15    2228257

Link

Has a proper explanation been given to why the development is not been carried out i oran? New road been constructed leading up to there as we speak. Really is bizarre.

They went to america with these plans for the development in oran looking for backing from wealthy business men if i was those business men i would demand my money back they really are taking the goat out of everyone. Rotten to the core.

Granted some great initiatives have been ran this year with the win a house and the very successful club rossie draw but our county board is great for talking but very little action.

Also why hadnt we the planning in earlier we know we have to do this work the last number of years? Once Roscommon played their last championship match in the hyde we should have been ready to start the development. Knowing how we operate the hyde wont be ready for next years championship. so are we back in Kiltoom for our league games next year?

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 511 - 22/08/2019 09:56:24    2228434

Link

Replying To Tarismelting22:  "Has a proper explanation been given to why the development is not been carried out i oran? New road been constructed leading up to there as we speak. Really is bizarre.

They went to america with these plans for the development in oran looking for backing from wealthy business men if i was those business men i would demand my money back they really are taking the goat out of everyone. Rotten to the core.

Granted some great initiatives have been ran this year with the win a house and the very successful club rossie draw but our county board is great for talking but very little action.

Also why hadnt we the planning in earlier we know we have to do this work the last number of years? Once Roscommon played their last championship match in the hyde we should have been ready to start the development. Knowing how we operate the hyde wont be ready for next years championship. so are we back in Kiltoom for our league games next year?"
Because thank god someone got a brain wave and realised the loacation was a joke in the first place.

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 318 - 22/08/2019 11:55:14    2228476

Link

Replying To sourmilk93:  "Because thank god someone got a brain wave and realised the loacation was a joke in the first place."
Couldn't of put it better myself

reffingmad (Roscommon) - Posts: 223 - 22/08/2019 15:59:35    2228560

Link

I see the incompetent Roscommon county board have been forced to push their plans back at least another year on the redevelopment of Hyde Park. That means if Roscommon are to reach the Connacht final next June it will be played in Salthill. (Sligo won't be beating Galway)

With John Prenty pulling the strings for the Connacht GAA their is also a possibity that the potential semi final v Mayo could be moved to MacHale Park.

Yondu (UK) - Posts: 291 - 28/11/2019 19:44:27    2252019

Link

Incompetent is putting it mildly. Waiting on more funding to come their way while to somehow coming up with 2.2 million in costs for straightforward works is ridiculous.

On the flip side if we reach the Connacht final i'll be happy enough as it will mean we'll have beaten Mayo again and Salthill for Connacht finals has become a happy hunting ground for us of late.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2636 - 28/11/2019 20:14:43    2252023

Link

Another house draw coming our way,

Sean Mulryan has given the county bored another house on london Island.

Big boost for the county bored hopefully it is used wisely

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 511 - 09/12/2019 16:34:13    2253973

Link

Replying To Tarismelting22:  "Another house draw coming our way,

Big boost for the county bored hopefully it is used wisely"
Great prize but doesn't Mr Mulryan get the value of the apartment back once the draw has concluded?

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 2469 - 10/12/2019 00:59:52    2254046

Link

Replying To Tarismelting22:  "Another house draw coming our way,

Big boost for the county bored hopefully it is used wisely"
Be certainly interesting to see how many tickets we sell for this. 14,000 sold for the Dublin house prize, all the more incredible when you consider the competition only ran for 3 months

It's still very disappointing that our expected funding from connacht, HQ and the government to start the redevelopment of Hyde Park and the Dermot Earley Centre hasn't arrived while money has been pumped into the Prentys dome project.

Once again we have to take the bull by the horns and do our own massive fundraising campaign. Huge credit to Mr Mulryan and all at club rossie.

Gaa_lover yes that's part of the deal.

ispeakwisdom (Roscommon) - Posts: 2307 - 10/12/2019 16:02:22    2254125

Link

Replying To ispeakwisdom:  "Be certainly interesting to see how many tickets we sell for this. 14,000 sold for the Dublin house prize, all the more incredible when you consider the competition only ran for 3 months

It's still very disappointing that our expected funding from connacht, HQ and the government to start the redevelopment of Hyde Park and the Dermot Earley Centre hasn't arrived while money has been pumped into the Prentys dome project.

Once again we have to take the bull by the horns and do our own massive fundraising campaign. Huge credit to Mr Mulryan and all at club rossie.

Gaa_lover yes that's part of the deal."
Are Roscommon Co board still paying back croke Park for pitch and other loans given to them to clear up their financial mess of last 10 yrs,for the last 20 yrs they blamed Ros gaels/Hyde committee for stalling progress but now they have no one to blame. Where is the million euro profit they made last Yr???

Gaelrossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 60 - 10/12/2019 20:02:31    2254187

Link

Replying To Gaelrossie:  "Are Roscommon Co board still paying back croke Park for pitch and other loans given to them to clear up their financial mess of last 10 yrs,for the last 20 yrs they blamed Ros gaels/Hyde committee for stalling progress but now they have no one to blame. Where is the million euro profit they made last Yr???"
No pay back was required on the new Hyde park pitch as that project was handled the Gaa infrastructure Committee and was funded by money which was previously allocated by Croke Park to the county board. The money originally was to be used on the county training centre and then was re-allocated to Hyde Park.

With costs and creditors paid off about 600,000 has been left aside for the redevelopment works of Hyde Park and with figure meant to cost in the region of 2.2 miliion we'll have to hope the London home fundraiser proves to be a great success.

ispeakwisdom (Roscommon) - Posts: 2307 - 10/12/2019 20:53:08    2254196

Link

Sports grant money today for stadia redevelopment in Kildare, Meath and Waterford.Over 6 million for Pairc Tailteann in Navan. Did Roscommon gaa get anything towards Hyde park..?

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1175 - 10/01/2020 17:17:02    2258774

Link

Replying To endgame:  "Sports grant money today for stadia redevelopment in Kildare, Meath and Waterford.Over 6 million for Pairc Tailteann in Navan. Did Roscommon gaa get anything towards Hyde park..?"
Not a cent. We'll have to keep bringing buckets and sandpaper with us to games

hidepork (Roscommon) - Posts: 20 - 10/01/2020 18:22:39    2258796

Link

Surely this is the Ross county boards doing? I would be amazed if Hyde Park was ignored in favour of grounds in Kildare & Meath..... From day one the ross county board have never being serious or inspired confidence in anything they have said regarding a renovation plan for Hyde Park..... going by the disgraceful attempt at building a stand anyway its probably just aswell, the GAA would have to have a supervisor constantly standing their watching where every penny went.....

ross4sam11 (Roscommon) - Posts: 60 - 10/01/2020 18:46:12    2258802

Link