USA Forum

NY GAA 2019

(Oldest Posts First)

Let me be the first to post for 2019. Sad to hear that Monaghan are withdrawing their senior team this year. Since there arrival to senior a few years ago the added an extra punch to the senior division. They were in 3 or 4 finals in a row. Will board coax them to stay or are they gone. Think they should.
Word is that NY will be a strong enough county team this year with a few players already in town and more coming when national league is over in the auld sod. Hope they give Mayo a game at least.
Hope it's a good season for all

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 529 - 31/01/2019 00:32:26    2161093

Link

Cross is it true Monaghan are folding? What about their Junior team? Sad if that happens, always had a good following especially from Queens. Who are the new arrivals in town for NY Senior Team? Haven't heard much talk about team or the Park development either.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 169 - 31/01/2019 15:14:28    2161204

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "Cross is it true Monaghan are folding? What about their Junior team? Sad if that happens, always had a good following especially from Queens. Who are the new arrivals in town for NY Senior Team? Haven't heard much talk about team or the Park development either."
Kerry are loading up with new players most will make NY team likewise Manhattan Gaels.
Donegal are in the game also again I'm told with former NY manager in charge. I'm sure Sligo and Longford will bring in a few. Can't see Barnabas spending a lot. They have a decent home base.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 529 - 31/01/2019 22:41:32    2161294

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Kerry are loading up with new players most will make NY team likewise Manhattan Gaels.
Donegal are in the game also again I'm told with former NY manager in charge. I'm sure Sligo and Longford will bring in a few. Can't see Barnabas spending a lot. They have a decent home base."
With a heavy defeat to Mayo likely no matter what, this would be the perfect opportunity to prioritize development for some of the homegrown players. I see little benefit of importing these mercenaries who will only wear the NY jersey once before they go back home.

dmjn53 (USA) - Posts: 5 - 11/02/2019 16:24:38    2164603

Link

Was anyone up at the park on Saturday? Senior panel vs College team, just wondering what new faces were togging out for Seniors? Heard Daniel Flynn from Kildare is out and playing. Who else? With Mayo at top of Division 1 at the moment, it doesnt look good for that match.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 169 - 12/02/2019 14:24:13    2164873

Link

Any word around gaa circles regarding the divisions or the New York team? Any new players out?

TheDigger (USA) - Posts: 43 - 07/03/2019 14:39:07    2170872

Link

Replying To TheDigger:  "Any word around gaa circles regarding the divisions or the New York team? Any new players out?"
Senior- Barnabas, Longford, Kerry, Sligo, Donegal

Intermediate- Manhattan Gaels, Westmeath, Cavan, Leitrim, Rangers, Mayo, Brooklyn

Junior A- Kerry, Donegal, Monaghan, St. Raymond's, Tyrone, Cork, Barnabas, Ranger, Dublin, Rockland, O'Donovan Rossa

Junior B- Rangers, Shannon Gaels, Westmeath, Hibernians, Manhattan Gaels, Rockland, Offaly, Sligo, Long Island Gaels, St. Barnabas, Celtics, St. Pat's

dmjn53 (USA) - Posts: 5 - 13/03/2019 16:06:56    2172066

Link

Replying To dmjn53:  "Senior- Barnabas, Longford, Kerry, Sligo, Donegal

Intermediate- Manhattan Gaels, Westmeath, Cavan, Leitrim, Rangers, Mayo, Brooklyn

Junior A- Kerry, Donegal, Monaghan, St. Raymond's, Tyrone, Cork, Barnabas, Ranger, Dublin, Rockland, O'Donovan Rossa

Junior B- Rangers, Shannon Gaels, Westmeath, Hibernians, Manhattan Gaels, Rockland, Offaly, Sligo, Long Island Gaels, St. Barnabas, Celtics, St. Pat's"
A lot of junior teams. NY can hardly be serious about competing against Mayo this year with 5 senior and 7 intermediate teams. I suppose it's about meet and greet anyway.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 529 - 15/03/2019 12:10:53    2172374

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "A lot of junior teams. NY can hardly be serious about competing against Mayo this year with 5 senior and 7 intermediate teams. I suppose it's about meet and greet anyway."
I don't think anyone sees them competing with Mayo, especially with CIllian O'Connor returning this weekend. This is not Leitrim or Sligo coming over

dmjn53 (USA) - Posts: 5 - 15/03/2019 13:38:05    2172390

Link