Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Clareman:  "When I said that Limerick fans shouldnt dislike Clare, it was Tipp who are full of it, its this type of arrogance from Premier Gold that I was thinking off.

Limerick in my opinion would have beaten Tipp, the first 15 mins with KK will haunt them."
Llmerik played poor against Kilkenny and only lost by a point.
Hannon got injured armfter 8 mins. ,so we played with 14 men for 27 mins

Kiely has done wonders for Limerick but he made bad decisions on the day. I am still disgusted about the game and why Hannon was not taking off baffles me.
As for tipp we would have giving them some battle and I fully believe
we would have beat them
I am sick Tipp won the All Ireland and been honest I blame John Kiely for the Kilkenny defeat

He is still a great manager and everyone is entitled to a bad day and I believe he will lead us to another. All Ireland next year

[email protected] (Limerick) - Posts: 23 - 24/08/2019 23:59:16    2229084

Link

Replying To [email protected]:  "Llmerik played poor against Kilkenny and only lost by a point.
Hannon got injured armfter 8 mins. ,so we played with 14 men for 27 mins

Kiely has done wonders for Limerick but he made bad decisions on the day. I am still disgusted about the game and why Hannon was not taking off baffles me.
As for tipp we would have giving them some battle and I fully believe
we would have beat them
I am sick Tipp won the All Ireland and been honest I blame John Kiely for the Kilkenny defeat

He is still a great manager and everyone is entitled to a bad day and I believe he will lead us to another. All Ireland next year"
I hope you are right. There's a short window before other teams regroup. Cork and Galway spring to mind with recent underage successes. I've a feeling those calls will haunt John Kiely himself more than anyone. I do hope though he will stay on along with kinnerk. O'Connor is enough of a loss now especially after Quilty and Currid departing already.
I imagine Tipp will be strong favorites next year especially with their big under 20 win last night. They'll only bolster that squad. That's where we could be very dangerous opponents though.
This time the league won't be seen as a major priority by the Limerick camp. I'd look forward to seeing more fringe players get a right go. Also would love to see decent back up for that full backline. We were lucky this year that none of the trio got injured.
The Munster championship as always will be about getting through it. Clare in Ennis and Cork in pairc uí caoimh. That will always be a tough proposition but our lads should be way fresher for it too. We've probably all forgotten that those lads and management went a full 18 months without stop. That would drain Hercules.
I think I read somewhere that we're playing the first weekend and we won't have to play 3 weeks in a row which is great. Anyway roll on 2020

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 99 - 25/08/2019 11:30:45    2229123

Link

Replying To Mads:  "I hope you are right. There's a short window before other teams regroup. Cork and Galway spring to mind with recent underage successes. I've a feeling those calls will haunt John Kiely himself more than anyone. I do hope though he will stay on along with kinnerk. O'Connor is enough of a loss now especially after Quilty and Currid departing already.
I imagine Tipp will be strong favorites next year especially with their big under 20 win last night. They'll only bolster that squad. That's where we could be very dangerous opponents though.
This time the league won't be seen as a major priority by the Limerick camp. I'd look forward to seeing more fringe players get a right go. Also would love to see decent back up for that full backline. We were lucky this year that none of the trio got injured.
The Munster championship as always will be about getting through it. Clare in Ennis and Cork in pairc uí caoimh. That will always be a tough proposition but our lads should be way fresher for it too. We've probably all forgotten that those lads and management went a full 18 months without stop. That would drain Hercules.
I think I read somewhere that we're playing the first weekend and we won't have to play 3 weeks in a row which is great. Anyway roll on 2020"
What recent underage success have Cork had?

pj_mcmanus (Limerick) - Posts: 425 - 25/08/2019 16:17:55    2229184

Link